Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2021, 11:55 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,802,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
What on earth are you talking about with the CDC deleting reports, and what would satisfy you in regards to transparency? It is a lot of work to scrub private medical information from death certificates to turn it into a public data set. I would hope a subset or breakdown of causes is published within a year or two.
The CDC showed around 12,000 reported deaths via VAERS for about a week and then later, showed around 6,000 reported VAERS deaths. They deleted about half of the reports.

I suspect you have not been playing very close attention.

Old 08-01-2021, 11:57 AM

33,585 posts, read 37,218,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
I did not ask for your opinion. I gave facts that is what matters to me. Keep your opinions to yourself
I don't think you know what a fact is...What it is not is simply something you WANT to believe.

Old 08-01-2021, 12:14 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,136,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Here's some info from New Jersey's statistics: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ents-have-died
Quote:
New Jersey health officials say that almost 50 fully vaccinated people have died from COVID-19, according to data through July 12, NJ Advance Media reported on Wednesday.

Donna Leusner, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Health, told the news outlet that all 49 people who died were over 50 years old. Thirty were over 80 years old, 13 people were between 65 and 79 years old, and six were between 50 and 64 years old.

Leusner also said many of the people who died had preexisting conditions. Seventeen people had cardiovascular disease, nine had cancer or other conditions that compromised their immune systems and seven had diabetes, the news outlet reported. Others had chronic conditions in the lungs, kidney and liver.
Here comes the convenient “But they were old/had pre-existing conditions” card again.

“I’m not old & I am healthy, so why should I get vaccinated?”:

Look at all these young healthy people dying from Covid! Everyone is at risk, everyone should be vaccinated!”

“Vaccinated people are now dying from Covid”:

“Well they were mostly old with pre-existing conditions”.

Then there’s the other argument.

“Look at this guy who died from Covid!”:

“It says he died from a blood clot in his brain“.

That’s because Covid causes blood clots, so his cause of death is Covid”.

“Okay but look at the hundreds of people on VAERS who died after being vaccinated from a blood clot in the brain.”

They died from a blood clot, not the vaccine.”

Old 08-01-2021, 12:17 PM

8,423 posts, read 4,597,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I agree. But even if you call ALL VAERS as direct killing of those vaccinated, that number pales by a huge margin as compared to those lives saved.

So, lets make that assumption (one that is not totally out there anymore as it has been implied that the 12,000 to 6,000 reduction is after the data has been analyzed and scrubbed). That is a huge number that, when compared to other "vaccines" that were pulled or paused for as little as 50 deaths (J&J included). You repeatedly make this sound like an acceptable trade off. It's why I asked earlier what the number was that would warrant warning the public.

Your nonchalance over this is a little frightening. I hope you are aware that simply saving more lives then ending them is not good enough. There is MASSIVE room for improvement.

Old 08-01-2021, 12:17 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,803,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The Delta is now here because we could not vaccinate enough people fast enough.
We don't know that. The Delta spreads among the vaccinated, so it might just do what it does regardless of how fast we vaccinated. There is this mythical idea that we could have vaccinated 'fast enough' to outrun the coronavirus. This idea has no basis in anything. We can't even quantify what 'fast enough' means, or if it was even feasible.

Old 08-01-2021, 12:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,854,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Wasn't there a former VP at Pfizer who also warned about the dangers of the vax?

Dr. Robert Malone, who invented the mRNA vax, was banned on social media for expressing doubts and concerns. Censorship is everywhere.
Despite his claims, Malone did not invent the mRNA vaccine nor it’s platform.

No shortage of sources have disputed his claims. Here is one:

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/3aa2eefd

Old 08-01-2021, 12:24 PM

33,585 posts, read 37,218,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Wasn't there a former VP at Pfizer who also warned about the dangers of the vax?

Dr. Robert Malone, who invented the mRNA vax, was banned on social media for expressing doubts and concerns. Censorship is everywhere.
Malone is a self promoter and liar. It is Dr. Katalin Karikó and her collaborator Dr. Drew Weissman who are more commonly credited with laying the groundwork for mRNA vaccines.

On his personal website, Twitter, and LinkedIn, Dr. Robert Malone has been promoting himself as the inventor of mRNA vaccines. This is misleading.

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/3aa2eefd

Edit...You beat me to it middle-aged mom....

Old 08-01-2021, 12:25 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,694,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The CDC showed around 12,000 reported deaths via VAERS for about a week and then later, showed around 6,000 reported VAERS deaths. They deleted about half of the reports.

I suspect you have not been playing very close attention.
This was already addressed: https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...stem-are-not-/

Quote:
As for the change in numbers, CDC spokesperson Martha Sharan told PolitiFact that while data was being updated to a page on the CDC website, reports of foreign deaths were accidentally added to the total. The page was later corrected to show the 6,207 reports of death in the U.S.

What the website deems a sneaky revelation of twice the amount of vaccine-related deaths in the U.S. was actually a clerical error, the CDC told us. Further, there is no proof that a COVID-19 vaccine played a role in the deaths reported to VAERS following an injection.

Old 08-01-2021, 12:25 PM

17,641 posts, read 14,776,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
No, they do not have an 80% vaccination rate.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vacc...4dUDCA8&uact=5
80% of the eligible population has been vaccinated.

Old 08-01-2021, 12:26 PM

18,875 posts, read 8,531,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
So, lets make that assumption (one that is not totally out there anymore as it has been implied that the 12,000 to 6,000 reduction is after the data has been analyzed and scrubbed). That is a huge number that, when compared to other "vaccines" that were pulled or paused for as little as 50 deaths (J&J included). You repeatedly make this sound like an acceptable trade off. It's why I asked earlier what the number was that would warrant warning the public.

Your nonchalance over this is a little frightening. I hope you are aware that simply saving more lives then ending them is not good enough. There is MASSIVE room for improvement.
Of course there is! But saving any hundreds of thousands is way better than losing 10 or 12 thousand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.