Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 01:32 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,989,854 times

Advertisements

Killing someone does not bring your loved one back. No human has the right over another human's fate and an "eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" . Besides, Life on death row with the guilt is a far better punishment than death
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 01:43 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
dying in prison after 37 years seems like a very worthy sentence for any crime. the death penalty, to me, is far less of a penalty than being imprisoned for the rest of one's life without parole.
This video, from Texas of all places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u85s3twjRs

Same person, different interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPPS2Lz1hl4

The guy in that video said that he wanted the die. He said that if he got life in prison, he would kill someone. He had no remorse and he lost all will to live. While he certainly deserved to be on death row for his crime, the death penalty doesn't scare someone who has little will to live or doesn't care if he/she dies.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:10 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

[james broadnax] said that he wanted the die. He said that if he got life in prison, he would kill someone. He had no remorse and he lost all will to live. While he certainly deserved to be on death row for his crime, the death penalty doesn't scare someone who has little will to live or doesn't care if he/she dies.
james broadnax murdered two strangers, young men aged 26 and 28 during a robbery. If i was a family member of one of these men, i would prefer broadnax spend 60+ years of life behind bars instead receiving the death penalty. broadnax's feelings of no remorse and wanting to die are irrelevant.

the death penalty was appropriate for this creature. I think prison would be worse than death. obviously, james agrees. hopefully, he is never executed and lives a long life into his eighties....where he belongs....in a cell.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:12 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,028,155 times
what a shame, I wish he could have suffered longer.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:20 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
james broadnax murdered two strangers, young men aged 26 and 28 during a robbery. If i was a family member of one of these men, i would prefer broadnax spend 60+ years of life behind bars instead receiving the death penalty. broadnax's feelings of no remorse and wanting to die are irrelevant.

the death penalty was appropriate for this creature. I think prison would be worse than death. obviously, james agrees. hopefully, he is never executed and lives a long life into his eighties....where he belongs....in a cell.
He's on death row. He's eventually going to be executed, as this is the state of Texas, and Texas has no problem with it. My point was this. I was piggybacking from your post. I know what he did. He said what he did in the video. I'm coming from this perspective. The justice system should not only have justice served, it should also be a deterrent. However, the man in question who committed that murder, he said he wanted to die. People like that aren't going to be deterred by the justice system. He said that if they gave him life, he would kill someone will in prison. I want you to consider the mentality that comes with that.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:25 PM

163 posts, read 86,908 times
I say let them rot in a cell for the rest of their natural lives. It is in fact a terrible punishment if you really think about it.

Imagine the feeling of having no hope of ever being able to live freely outside of prison walls...

Old 12-19-2020, 10:15 PM

6,823 posts, read 14,039,451 times
37 years in solitary confinement with no human contact is likely worse than a quick death. I can't say for certain but if given the choice I would rather have a quick death.

Old 12-19-2020, 10:47 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What a slap in the face to the loved ones the killer murdered. What a broken system.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=hplocalnews
We should have put him down 37 years ago.

Old 12-19-2020, 10:56 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,032,046 times
If it was a choice between life or the needle, the latter would be a no brainer for me. Relatively quick and painless compared to methods used earlier in history. If methods still included breaking on the wheel, being quartered, or boiled alive feet first, then of course life would be the obvious choice. Problem is these days the threat of death deters no one because it's a joke that will likely never be carried out anyway due to weak leftists who favor criminals over ordinary hard working law abiding citizens.

Old 12-19-2020, 11:02 PM

17,587 posts, read 13,367,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What a slap in the face to the loved ones the killer murdered. What a broken system.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=hplocalnews

We need executions for capital offenses within 5 years (or sooner) of conviction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies