Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 04:05 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
If you can get reinfected and the virus continues to mutate to become more contagious as there is already evidence of, then there is no herd immunity. science won't keep up with mutations that happen this fast
There is no scientific proof that anyone has actually been reinfected. An article in the New York Times by some blowhard claiming otherwise, is not proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 04:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
From your link:

What exactly is the end game now?

We cannot continue extended lockdowns. This is a virus with a 99.7% survival rate. And the amount of people who are being harmed from the lockdowns is rapidly increasing ...
You should have never approved of the right of the government to issue such edicts in the first place.

Just a pro tip.

Old 12-19-2020, 04:07 PM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You should have never approved of the right of the government to issue such edicts in the first place.

Just a pro tip.
Plot twist: I never did.

Old 12-19-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So perfect isnt it?
Science happens regardless of politics.

If the statists want to use x,y,z to politicize something it's just best to ignore them.

Old 12-19-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Plot twist: I never did.
You're an anarchist?

Plot twist: you're not.

Old 12-19-2020, 04:11 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
You have no right to spread a fatal disease, regardless of how you think or feel about it.
It’s far from a fatal disease with a 98% survival rate and higher if you’re under 65.

You have no right to tell me to wear a mask. If you’re so scared, stay home. The rest of society will live our lives.

Old 12-19-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
It’s far from a fatal disease with a 98% survival rate and higher if you’re under 65.

You have no right to tell me to wear a mask. If you’re so scared, stay home. The rest of society will live our lives.
It's a property rights issue. Always has been but since neither team believe in rights that has been lost in all of this.

On your property, I do as you say. On my property, you do as I say.

If we don't agree, we must leave.

Old 12-19-2020, 04:18 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,605,764 times
Quote:

He won't listen. Him and his ilk will fall in line, no matter how ridiculous and illogical the demands are.

Old 12-19-2020, 04:22 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:

It's just not being afraid of dying from it. I don't want to be sick with it even for just a few days. Some people still don't feel over it after two weeks. What a drag to be sick that long. So I will wear a mask in public when indoors. And you should, too.

Old 12-19-2020, 04:23 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Wrong. Proof? Link? The article doesn't state that, and I have looked at numerous other UK articles that state the new strain does not prevent the vaccine from being effective. It does not cause more severe disease either. It transmits easier and that's it.

"The genetic changes to the virus’ spike proteins would not reduce the effectiveness of a coronavirus vaccine as most produce a range of antibodies that would make it hard for the virus to evade all at once. The new strain was also found to carry the same spike receptor that most vaccines currently in development have targeted."
https://www.ibtimes.com/new-coronavi...accine-3102026

Such is my understanding too. However, the point is: we are rapidly running out of hospital beds to treat COVID 19 patients, much less those suffering heart attacks, strokes, car accidents, etc.

So, while this new UK strain is not 'deadlier', it is not 'less deadlier', and hence if more people become infected, a certain percentage will require hospitalization, and the beds may not be available.

One of my sisters, age 67, developed COVID 19. Her husband took her to the hospital and the diagnosis was confirmed. After a CT scan of the lungs showed no problems, she was sent home to quarantine. Save for a dry cough, severe fatigue and headaches (the latter caused by the steroidal medication), she is recovering nicely, although she has lost memory of several days. Her husband seems to be okay, so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies