Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2020, 09:09 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
You must know, right? Are you in the medical field in your off time?

Are you saying I have to be in the medical field in order to know that doctors and nurses wear masks at work?

Seriously?

Stepdaughter is ward nurse in the pulmonary covid wing at a major hospital, in case you want a reference.

I've had a lot of surgeries, and everyone was masked up long before covid was an issue.

Did you ever watch MASH, Gray's Anatomy or any TV show in the medical field (trying to bring to something you can relate to).

I served on a state pandemic planning committee.

But can you share what planet you are from where you do not know medical personnel wear masks?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 09:11 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So what you're saying is that we're stuck with this until the end of time? Basically, mankind will be taken down by a virus?
Not the virus, the governments. Humanity is lost now within the confines of restrictive regulations for the health of all citizens of all countries around the globe. Basically, all the world's countries have turned into --- China.
enjoy ---

Old 12-19-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Yeah, whatever. Then after this it’ll be another. COVID is so passé.

I’ll get the vaccine, throw away the mask and I’m done with COVID.
Might want to consult government laws before throwing away, that mask.

Old 12-19-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
You have no right to spread a fatal disease, regardless of how you think or feel about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What are you going to do when eventually the restrictions have to lift?
What to do if they don't?

Old 12-19-2020, 09:16 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,605,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Stepdaughter is ward nurse in the pulmonary covid wing at a major hospital, in case you want a reference.

I served on a state pandemic planning committee.
So you aren't in the medical field, got it

7,149 posts, read 4,744,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Delusions of grandeur

We're never going back to how things were

"Simple as that"

I call BS. Maybe not fully in 2021, but by the end of the year mostly back to normal and by spring 2022 totally back to normal with sports, concerts, street festivals, you name it. People like you can wear masks forever if you want. If you’re calling that a “new normal,” go ahead. The world has been through major worldwide pandemics and guess what. Things went back to normal each time. Good luck.

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Welp.

Better lockdown all of 2021 just to be safe.

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
What to do if they don't?
As long as our elections continue to be rigged, there will be no way to stop it.

Old 12-19-2020, 09:19 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
You have no right to spread a fatal disease, regardless of how you think or feel about it.
It’s so fatal you have to be tested to even know if you have it.

And until you’re tested with a verified positive status, you have every right to do whatever the hell you want.

Old 12-19-2020, 09:19 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Let us remember: the Trumpets that infest this forum are not representative of rational people. They are drinking the Kool Aid, and paying out money to their Lord Trump.

Yet, rational people realize that the hospitals are truly running out of ICU beds, and out of health care professionals. Sure, you can set up beds in a parking lot adjacent to the hospital, but you need workers to care for those patients.

We are living through a major pandemic. I had hoped to live out my life (I'm 65 with Type One diabetes) without doing so, although I did live through several before, including polio. But I face life as it happens, instead of yapping that nothing is wrong.

Pandemics are dangerous not only for the health of people, but for those not infected. Here in Fort Worth, ICU beds are becoming very limited for non-Covid patients. Some areas are literally out of any beds, so the doctors, already under stress, must make 'death panel like' decisions (remember when Death Panels was the thing with Conservatives?). Yet, citizens are still having heart attacks, strokes and having car accidents. But if there are no beds?

Stupid people are always around. We had them during the Spanish Flu of 1918, which started in Kansas. Back then you had 'anti mask' leagues, and other nonsense. Most of them woke up when the flu began to kill thousands per day.

Wait: we now are averaging 3000 per day.

We are surrounded by idiots, claiming that Mr. Trump won an election he lost, yet also claiming that the pandemic is harmless.
COVID is fear. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR, BUT FEAR ITSELF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies