Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2020, 10:21 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,499,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Link to any kind of confirmation of your accusation?

Though those damn ktips are like 8 inches long. Not sure how you accuse them of cross contamination at the tip.

I mean, if the nurse was shoving their gloved hand up your nose, I could see your point. But that is not how it works.
They show the workers doing the tests when they talk about it on the local news. They never are changing gloves. They just go from one vehicle to the next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 10:23 PM

24,647 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
With the new strain being more virulent, the revolutionary vaccine is obsolete already. They already have to develop another one.
Don’t worry, more lockdowns will stop the virus.

I mean it didn’t stop it for all of 2020, but 2021 will be be different.

Did liberals really think Covid wasn’t going to mutate?

Old 12-19-2020, 10:24 PM

24,647 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
With the new strain being more virulent, the revolutionary vaccine is obsolete already. They already have to develop another one.
Don’t worry, more lockdowns will stop the virus.

I mean it didn’t stop it for all of 2020, but 2021 will be be different.

Did liberals really think Covid wasn’t going to mutate? That you could just shutdown states until the magical vaccine arrives?

Old 12-20-2020, 12:20 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,867,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Perhaps study some history. It repeats. Democrats never believed there would be a civil war. They didn’t believe people “had it in ‘em.”
...what?

Old 12-20-2020, 12:47 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Give it about 7 - 8 weeks; then we will revisit this. People are already slaves, they've just yet to realize it. The government calls it instead, being a good citizen. And the people believe it. Again, there will never be another American Revolution as that would take a certain fortitude that the today's American doesn't have within 'em. (the chance for change died in the 60s)
Quote:
That’s pretty good for an LOLOL! So you think Americans will never again be capable of another revolution because they lack fortitude and this fortitude died in the 60s!! ROFL
Perhaps study some history. It repeats. Democrats never believed there would be a civil war. They didn’t believe people “had it in ‘em.” Young men and women enter the military every day. They are an example of fortitude.
Quote:
Perhaps study some history.

THE DAY THE '60S DIED | Moments After the Shootings

Remembering the 1968 Orangeburg Massacre When Police Shot Dead Three Unarmed Black Students

Now what were we talking about? Today's American's fortitude?

The men and women keeping us safe, that is a whole other discussion.

Old 12-20-2020, 10:13 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
This bug is insidious, but we've had that strain here already.

USA is reporting that scientists are tracking 8 strains of Covid currently circulating the globe. Some strains are dying out due to quarantine measures. The article says that one strain is not more deadly than another, but, the virus does mutate slowly.

Being able to track outbreaks makes it easier to develop new vaccines. So does the fact that the virus mutates so slowly.

It's an interesting article. USA Today: 8 strains of the coronavirus are circulating the globe. Here's what clues they're giving scientists."
There is no doubt in my mind that Covid 19 is here to stay. Just like H1N1 has raised its ugly pandemic head more than once. The 2009 H1N1 pandemic was short lived compared to 1918. Why? Vaccination.

I see no reason why Covid won't fall to the same fate. Just because one strain may be resistant to a current vaccine doesn't mean the vaccine can't be reformulated to be effective. Science has done it once, they will do it again.

Meanwhile, if we could all get on the same page, wear a mask and starve oy=ut this virus by not congregating, it would be gone much sooner.

Follow Taiwan's model.

Old 12-20-2020, 10:24 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
This bug is insidious, but we've had that strain here already.

USA is reporting that scientists are tracking 8 strains of Covid currently circulating the globe. Some strains are dying out due to quarantine measures. The article says that one strain is not more deadly than another, but, the virus does mutate slowly.

Being able to track outbreaks makes it easier to develop new vaccines. So does the fact that the virus mutates so slowly.

It's an interesting article. USA Today: 8 strains of the coronavirus are circulating the globe. Here's what clues they're giving scientists."
There is no doubt in my mind that Covid 19 is here to stay. Just like H1N1 has raised its ugly pandemic head more than once. The 2009 H1N1 pandemic was short lived compared to 1918. Why? Vaccination.

I see no reason why Covid won't fall to the same fate. Just because one strain may be resistant to a current vaccine doesn't mean the vaccine can't be reformulated to be effective. Science has done it once, they will do it again.

Meanwhile, if we could all get on the same page, wear a mask and starve oy=ut this virus by not congregating, it would be gone much sooner.

Follow Taiwan's model.
fun fact. Cases are rising in places with 97% or more mask compliance

Old 12-20-2020, 10:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
It is more virulent but doesnt seem to be more severe. London has been put on lockdown.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/19/uk/ch...gbr/index.html
Taking your freedoms and liberties... to keep you safe.

Clue:
It is not governments job to keep me safe. As the 9th Amendment guarantees and the 2nd Amendment protects, that is my choice and ONLY my choice...

Old 12-20-2020, 11:00 AM

37,119 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
It's the not congregating part that people are refusing to comply with.

Old 12-20-2020, 11:09 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,346,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Why should it bother me if folks want to spread covid among themselves? (Well, it should everybody but that's a different issue.). Just don't spread your covid germs on me. Or tell me to stay home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies