Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2020, 08:02 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
There is nothing "anti-democratic" about wanting a fair election. The "democrats" have not just stolen the vote, they have polluted the courts. Our voice will be heard one way or another.
So what do you make of the Republican judges that have tossed Trump's cases out? The Supreme Court with Trump's 3 appointees that have tossed his case out to over turn the election, not once, but twice. What about Bill Barr that said there is no wide spread election fraud? Republican Georgia governor Kemp, a staunch Trump supporter, refusing Trump's request to order a special legislative session to over throw the election results, failed attempts to sway Republican law makers in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona?

You think it's all what? Fake news? Thinking Trump won at this point is delusional. How much money did you donate to Trump's Save America PAC? Why do you insist on not seeing the truth?

You can scream from the roof tops, but Joe Biden will be sworn in on January 20th.

The Democrats didn't steal the election, they ran away with it through high voter turn out, and the fact that we Independents turned away from Trump bigly.

You Trump supporters tend to forget about us. You know, those of us loyal to country over party. We actually do exist.

Don't believe me? Research how many registered Democrats there are in this country. There's roughly 34% registered as Independent, 29% registered Republican's and 33% registered Democrats.

Fun fact. Neither side can win without the Independents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 08:47 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Considering that the SAME corrupt politicians keep winning their seats back, is starting to look very suspicious to me!

Im beginning to wonder if our voting process is just a sham and our politicians are picked another way, a way the people are not aware of....

I have NO WAY of being sure my vote was actually counted, the media can list off totals day after day, but that is still no guarantee, I have to take their word for it, that they are being honest.

This is the only way the likes of Pelosi, McConnell, and so on, keep winning their positions time and time again!!!

Think about it...is there ANY foolproof way to verify YOUR vote actually mattered?

Old 12-22-2020, 11:56 AM

1,069 posts, read 746,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Why would he? They were destroying their own cities. This is very different. He wishes to be El Presidente for life. Just like Putin. Tell me when in the history of the US a sitting president has openly considered mounting a coup against the president elect to remain in power. Tell me when in history has a sitting president went to the supreme court to ask them to throw out the votes from multiple states disenfranchising millions of law abiding tax paying hard working citizens of the left and right. When? Trump is so abnormal that we have now normalized his mierda and become desensitized to it. We have posters on CD actively cheerleading martial law and tossing a whole wing of the Gov in jail. Winter is coming.

Is that what you genuinely believe will happen or what you want to happen? I spent four decades in the military and law enforcement. I'm retired now but I still know a lot of high speed and low drag guys. No one that I know is advocating for martial law let a lone participating in a coup d'état. Most of the posters endorsing this nonsense couldn't find their asses with both hands and a map. The only way that the Biden-Harris (or is is Harris-Biden?) administration are going to encounter significant resistance from the right is if they push the absurd notion of mandatory firearms registration and assessing an annual $200.00 per weapon tax as a part of their proposed amendment to the National Firearms Act. You can take that to the bank.

Last edited by irishcopper; 12-22-2020 at 12:40 PM..

Old 12-22-2020, 11:58 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
It's crazy how Trump voters claim to be patriots yet some of them are literally okay with the idea of Trump possibly declaring Martial Law to override the will of the people and tear our democracy to shreds.

Per usual, the hypocrisy is off the charts for many Trump voters.

Old 12-22-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It's crazy how Trump voters claim to be patriots yet some of them are literally okay with the idea of Trump possibly declaring Martial Law to override the will of the people and tear our democracy to shreds.

Per usual, the hypocrisy is off the charts for many Trump voters.
A lot of this dissent would fade away if the majority of Americans actually believed that the presidential election was conducted fairly. No one that is honest and objective can disagree that there is a perception that a lot of impropriety occurred in the election. I would say that regardless of the outcome. Our nation had never used mail in ballots to the extent that they were used this year. Mail in ballots have an average error rate of at least three percent under the best of circumstances. If Biden and Harris were actually intent on unifying the nation why are they silent on this issue? Is this a foreshadowing of Biden's leadership style? He'll just avoid answering the hard questions and ignore them?

This is the latest poll data from Rasmussen which is hardly a conservative think tank.

"How likely is it that Democrats stole votes or destroyed pro-Trump ballots in several states to ensure that Biden would win?"

Democrats - 30% - 20% say Very Likely (VL)
Unaffiliated - 39% - 29% say VL
Republicans - 75% - 61% say VL
All Voters - 47% - 36% say VL

Nearly half of those polled believe that that voter fraud occurred. Don't they deserve to know who was rightfully elected or do you just despise Trump that much? So much for patriotism and out democratic republic.

Old 12-22-2020, 12:33 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcopper View Post
A lot of this dissent would fade away if the majority of Americans actually believed that the presidential election was conducted fairly. No one that is honest and objective can disagree that there is a perception that a lot of impropriety occurred in the election. I would say that regardless of the outcome. Our nation had never used mail in ballots to the extent that they were used this year. Mail in ballots have an average error rate of at least three percent under the best of circumstances. If Biden and Harris were actually intent on unifying the nation why are they silent on this issue? Is this a foreshadowing of Biden's leadership style? He'll just avoid answering the hard questions and ignore them?

This is the latest poll data from Rasmussen which is hardly a conservative think tank.

"How likely is it that Democrats stole votes or destroyed pro-Trump ballots in several states to ensure that Biden would win?"

Democrats - 30% - 20% say Very Likely (VL)
Unaffiliated - 39% - 29% say VL
Republicans - 75% - 61% say VL
All Voters - 47% - 36% say VL

Nearly half of those polled believe that that voter fraud occurred. Don't they deserve to know who was rightfully elected or do you just despise Trump that much? So much for patriotism and out democratic republic.
we can't help that Trump groomed his gullible supporters for months ahead of time prior to the election

The fact that he was complaining about fraud for months before the election even took place is pretty good evidence right on its face that this is a made up excuse for losing. That is compounded by the fact that exactly zero admissible evidence has been produced in support of these claims.

The idea that Trump would even consider trying to use the military to stage a coup to steal an election he lost is just more evidence of his lies

Old 12-22-2020, 12:34 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,546,294 times
Quote:
Uh, yes it is.

Old 12-22-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
we can't help that Trump groomed his gullible supporters for months ahead of time prior to the election

The fact that he was complaining about fraud for months before the election even took place is pretty good evidence right on its face that this is a made up excuse for losing. That is compounded by the fact that exactly zero admissible evidence has been produced in support of these claims.

The idea that Trump would even consider trying to use the military to stage a coup to steal an election he lost is just more evidence of his lies

I guess that 30% of the Democrat voters were gullible too! Who cares about what anyone else besides you and everyone that agrees with you believes. Somehow, old Joe Biden had 15 million more votes than Barrack Obama who is one of the most popular Democrats presidents ever. This election was a joke and has as much credibility as the Major League Baseball All Star Game. Who cares as long as you win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Uh, yes it is.
Uh, says who? Media Matters, NPR and Pravda?

Old 12-22-2020, 12:59 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
I guess that 30% of the Democrat voters were gullible too! Who cares about what anyone else besides you and everyone that agrees with you believes. Somehow, old Joe Biden had 15 million more votes than Barrack Obama who is one of the most popular Democrats presidents ever. This election was a joke and has as much credibility as the Major League Baseball All Star Game. Who cares as long as you win?

Uh, says who? Media Matters, NPR and Pravda?
59 court cases lost on the Trump side says opinions matters less than reality

There was no fraud. Stupid people believing there was doesn't change that, regardless of party ID but Rasmussen is well known to be a right leaning pollster anyway

Old 12-22-2020, 04:16 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,758,698 times
Quote:
Is that what you genuinely believe will happen or what you want to happen? I spent four decades in the military and law enforcement. I'm retired now but I still know a lot of high speed and low drag guys. No one that I know is advocating for martial law let a lone participating in a coup d'état. Most of the posters endorsing this nonsense couldn't find their asses with both hands and a map. The only way that the Biden-Harris (or is is Harris-Biden?) administration are going to encounter significant resistance from the right is if they push the absurd notion of mandatory firearms registration and assessing an annual $200.00 per weapon tax as a part of their proposed amendment to the National Firearms Act. You can take that to the bank.
I have seen with my own eyes the level of love and devotion from LEOs to Trump. Every banana republic and failed state and superpower had a constitution and laws and elections until they didn't. A General (3 star) is OPENLY (not plotting in secret) calling for ordering the military to toss out millions of votes from swing states at gunpoint. This isn't a netflix movie plot. This is real. And the most powerful man on the planet is seeking his advice. Trump supporters are loyal to TRUMP not the USA. My god I hope I'm wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies