Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 03:07 AM

1,146 posts, read 1,650,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Lux Mea View Post
glass of champagne in hand as thousands die a day! claaasssy!
But it's okay for Trump to golf & complain about fashion magazines ignoring Melania. I may have a glass of champagne myself to celebrate this abomination of a President's last day in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 03:20 AM

4,933 posts, read 2,722,631 times
cheers..

Old 12-29-2020, 06:03 AM

8,318 posts, read 3,958,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
But it's okay for Trump to golf & complain about fashion magazines ignoring Melania. I may have a glass of champagne myself to celebrate this abomination of a President's last day in office.
I will be raising a glass with you Luzette.

January 20 2021 will be a truly great day for America, one of the most momentous in my lifetime - right up there with the signing of the Civil Rights Act, and maybe the day that Richard Nixon resigned.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:28 AM

11,986 posts, read 5,322,156 times
One/Twenty/Twenty-one

The End of an Error

https://smile.amazon.com/Error-Janua.../dp/B08N3G2Q1P

Old 12-29-2020, 06:35 AM

1,146 posts, read 1,650,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I will be raising a glass with you Luzette.

January 20 2021 will be a truly great day for America, one of the most momentous in my lifetime - right up there with the signing of the Civil Rights Act, and maybe the day that Richard Nixon resigned.
I think there will many raising a glass when the day finally comes. Trump is so unstable now that I'm not going to breathe easy until he is completely out with no more threats & schemes to undo the election. It would not surprise me if in those last moments of madness he calls on followers to be violent.

Old 12-29-2020, 07:12 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,288,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Did you know that the original Enterprise cruised around at Warp Factor 6....which is 46,656 times the speed of light. According to my calculations that is over a gazillion, bazillion, trillion, billion, million, thousand miles per hour.
Did you know that the original Enterprise is a fictional ship in a fictional universe, and that calculations of warp speed are not Star Trek canon?

Old 12-29-2020, 10:06 AM

272 posts, read 206,529 times
T-minus 22 days and counting...

Old 12-29-2020, 11:15 AM

4,267 posts, read 11,448,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Lux Mea View Post
glass of champagne in hand as thousands die a day! claaasssy!
Nothing wrong with a toast to celebrate removing evil from the Oval Office. Oh, and your classy comment is completely unwarranted as my toasting has nothing to do with COVID. I know COVID up front and personal...I’m a health care provider.

Old 12-30-2020, 06:11 AM

8,318 posts, read 3,958,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
I think there will many raising a glass when the day finally comes. Trump is so unstable now that I'm not going to breathe easy until he is completely out with no more threats & schemes to undo the election. It would not surprise me if in those last moments of madness he calls on followers to be violent.
You are right anything is possible and there is no doubt he will do everything in his power to poison the well for Biden. He is like a vengeful adolescent.

There has been a threat of violence from the Neo-fascist Right for many decades. The FBI has always identified the far-right for the great majority of terrorist acts in the USA.

Point is that even if Trump dog-whistles for acts of violence, these were already on the radar long before he existed. With that being said there is little doubt that police agencies will be on high alert during the transition.

"A June 2020 study by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) reported that over 25 years of domestic terrorism incidents, the majority of attacks and plots had come from far-right attackers.

The trend had accelerated in recent years, with this sector responsible for about 66% of attacks and plots in 2019, and 90% of those in 2020. The next most potentially dangerous group was “religious extremists”, the majority “Salafi jihadists inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaida”, while the number planned by the far left had reduced to a minute fraction since the mid 2000s."

Sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domest..._United_States

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...hreat-analysis

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escala...-united-states

Old 12-30-2020, 03:16 PM

272 posts, read 206,529 times
T-minus 21 days and counting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies