Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 12:22 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,660,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No collusion was found with Russia.

Did you forget that?

There was collusion, he was IMPEACHED, just the Moscow Mitch crowd in Senate had the power to ignore it. And did so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 12:23 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,660,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine607 View Post
Or good republican candidates like Rubio, Kasich, and Cruz. Trump was a nightmare and a huge threat to our democracy and so are the far left dems.

You mean Little Marco and Lyin' Ted? LOL!

Old 12-27-2020, 12:56 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,997,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Who is "we"? I was never fooled, not for a single minute. I knew he was a con artist before he even entered the Presidential race.
Exactly.

Old 12-27-2020, 02:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,941,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No collusion was found with Russia.

Did you forget that?
Yes by Republicans who didn't want to have a formal impeachment trial. The Republicans largely voted on party line besides Sen. Romney. Glad I voted him for President over Obama in 2012.

Old 12-27-2020, 02:58 PM

3,575 posts, read 2,204,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't think there is any other way to say it, but Donald J. Trump is a con-artist. We've all been had. He made us believe that he was a great negotiator. He played off of the views of many in the conservative base of the government should be run like a business. However, after the events in the past 72 hours, it is clear he lied to us all and he is not a great negotiator. Donald J. Trump is not a leader, he is a fraud.

Let's put it into prospective. Trump pulled out of talks for Covid relief first in October, not long after he returned from Covid treatment at Walter Reid Medical Center. Trump would have Sec. Mnuchin enter and leave talks several times in the next two months. For all intents and purposes, Trump and Mnuchin were not involved in any of the talks in the past week and a half. They were not involved when it was tacked onto the ongoing government budget bill. Trump had every opportunity to fight for this, he chose not to until it was voted and on his desk awaiting signature.

Now look at what Republicans have done and think if we will see the $2,000 stimulus happen. Friday Sen. Johnson shot down the 1,200 payments to Americans getting us to the $600 that Trump thinks is unacceptable. Now I don't like the $600 either, but I would be better off with $600 versus nothing. Nothing, being what we are at right now until a deal is made or Trump signs it. The House Republicans are keeping the $2,000 in limbo by deciding not to have unanimous consent for the amendment. I believe it also has to go to the Senate, but I'm not quite sure.

The worst part is he has put many Americans into danger of financial ruin they will not come back from due to his political brinksmanship along with Republican opposition while he left town to golf. Americans making less than 75K as an individual will not get $600 and couples making less than 150K together will not get $1,200. On December 26th, the $300 unemployment booster runs dry. In just over a week, federal evictions could take place. All the while, Trump is being a big shot in Mar-a-lago playing golf and eating his turkey, goose, duck, whatever.

Trump has screwed over Americans and I hope we don't forget this if he does run again in 2024. America First my ass.
Oh please no matter what he negotiated you would have said something, if he signs this you will compla8n it’s not enough..get over your hate of Trump

Old 12-27-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Why,... if he cared about helping the American people and he is such a "great negotiator" did he wait until Christmas Eve to get involved?

It's been MONTHS since the first bill passed... was that March???

Seems like a such a "great negotiator" could have gotten both sides to the table and worked with them toward a "deal"...

On this bill, Mnuchin was involved and was "negotiating" on the President's behalf.

Why didn't Trump make his wishes part of the negotiations?
Exactly. Trump gave up and then realized "Ooo, I can mess things up again and it will be blamed on Republicans and Democrats." Donald J. Trump knew what he was doing when he asked for $2,000 checks AFTER it was voted and delivered to his desk. It even took Mnuchin for a loop because he stated checks can come this week.

Old 12-27-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
Oh please no matter what he negotiated you would have said something, if he signs this you will compla8n it’s not enough..get over your hate of Trump
No I would only say if it hurt me. I called out Johnson because he said $1,200 is too much. I called out Trump when he pulled a Roddy Piper and changed the questions, just when we thought he had the answers. Going from $600 to nothing until a deal is met, does hurt. And mind you, I'm not subject to the eviction ban on end of federally subsidized unemployment.

And please, talk to me when you don't say the same crap about Biden as you are towards me with Trump. I've seen this virtue signalling from other Trump supporters who attack Biden but the minute I or someone else attack Trump, TDS canned lines come a flyin'.

Old 12-27-2020, 03:44 PM

57,390 posts, read 26,302,134 times
He lost his luster in his first year. He wasn't able to work out anything between the factions, had some great photo ops in the oval office but in the end he tried to do everything by executive order because he was ineffective. He was used to telling people what to do in his businesses, that's not the way it works in government.

He plays both sides of an issue and then makes believe he is involved and at the end of the day he criticizes the outcome, he has been missing in action for 4 years.

Old 12-27-2020, 04:24 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,054,854 times
yep... Mr. Trump is an amazing negotiator and a great president.

NINE months went by and there was a stalemate.

The GOP finally came to the table at the 11th hour when it was do or die; government would be shutting down, the military would be without funding and American citizens effected by the pandemic would be without income and facing eviction.

During these 11th hour negotiations, Mr. Trump let other people negotiate in his behalf. He didn't insert himself or his wishes into the negotiations.

Then he jumped on a plane and went to Florida to play golf for a few days....

kind of makes me hate golf

Old 12-27-2020, 04:53 PM

8,390 posts, read 4,383,697 times
First Trump cripples national security. Now he is about to shut down government. I guess next is an invitation for Russia to just come on in, the US is all yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies