Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 11:55 AM

5,340 posts, read 4,428,220 times

Advertisements

According to the Nashville Metro police there was an explosion early this morning.

There are NO reports on who is responsible, yet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 12:04 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
This bomb had some serious power, this was no amateur. From my friends in the Law Enforcement Community.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video...xlP9EJdyeL.mp4

I wouldn't be so sure, a fertilizer bomb isn't exactly rocket science, probably more difficult to amass a large quantity unnoticed than to build the actual bomb.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:05 PM

9,866 posts, read 4,638,421 times
Quote:
Religious group made allegations months ago

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lims-nashville
Good catch. I saw that and almost posted. The target ie Nashville is the lead they should be working off of. Also wasn't there an attack on Berlin Bazarr a few years ago and they were really worried about the anniversary this year.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:07 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
According to the Nashville Metro police there was an explosion early this morning.

There are NO reports on who is responsible, yet.
This is terrible. I hope everyone affected is ultimately ok, and they find who did this quickly.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:10 PM

45 posts, read 40,987 times
Quote:
It doesn't make sense to me. Muslim terrorist attacks are geared to kill civilians the audio warning is contradictory of that.

I agree. Its domestic for sure...or maybe Chinese sponsored agents.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:15 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
It's a shame people resort to this. I'm glad no one has been killed.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I am getting some opinions that it's a VBIED. Not sure until the Feds, ATF actually confirm. Sad, nonetheless.

That seems to be at the least the initial thought, apparently they seem to think the RV that aroused suspicion also played a recorded warning and if it was something simple like fertilizer they'd need something fairly large to house it. I can only hope they find those responsible, and that whomever they think the represent that they meet the same fate as McVeigh.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's a shame people resort to this. I'm glad no one has been killed.

Let's hope it stays that way. Looking at the destruction that's likely going to take some time to confirm. At the very least it's a shame those who lost property in this bombing will always associate Christmas with this nonsense.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:25 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times
This sounds like an attempt to take law enforcement out. I just saw a witness on FOX who heard shots fired (there was earlier debate about whether or not that occurred). Those shots may have been fired by the bomber, so as not to have to call it in and leave that call as evidence. Also, the fertilizer bomb theory may be why the first officer on the scene thought bomb, from the smell when he arrived.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Totally agree. This was to send a message in my opinion.

Just for the record, I wasn't trying to change anything but went back and edited the post you quote as I somehow got it cut up into a jumble. My head gets ahead of my fingers sometimes and I really find this upsetting, especially being done on Christmas Day. I guess I'm still naive enough to think we could have at least one day o f peace in the world. Silly man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies