Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2021, 01:22 AM

63,121 posts, read 29,298,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
The irony is hilarious considering (most of) your posts involve rampant political (and other) stereotypes/labeling.
There is no stereotyping when the facts are what they are. That's like saying most white people have white skin which is true but calling it stereotyping. You just can't grasp that though, can you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 01:33 AM

63,121 posts, read 29,298,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
In principle i too agree with you in most cases. I am boderline conservative in my values interms of respect for tradition culture country pilice military etc. i wirk in an industry that could be easily label d conservative too. ( but i often go after radical republicans in this forum)

I dont blindly support the cool stuff like most youngsters do and dont oppose trump either.

But interms of illegals , they wouldnt be crossing the border if they had the education and knowhow to come legally. I say whack the criminals and still support the destitute. Most americans are welcoming and they would agree too.

There was a time when we had to lose jobs because of lack of autrization while the dacas and south americans laughed at us for standing in the legal queue. But its wat it is.
We have annual quotas for legal immigration based on our ability to provide them with jobs and resources without it negatively impacting our own citizens and keeping our population growth in check. We cannot allow the whole world's destitute to violate our immigration laws just because there is no path for them to come here legally. The fact that they are poor and lack skills and an education makes them a burden on our society. Why would most Americans welcome that? They'd be utter fools then.

Old 01-06-2021, 08:32 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,692,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh just stop with this. I don't hate nor am I angry I just object to the policies of the liberal left. Why do you have to put unwarranted labels on everything that doesn't apply?
Some have limited ability.

Old 01-06-2021, 08:35 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,692,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're really hopelessly clueless, aren't you? Sure, these poor, uneducated illegal aliens come across our border with tons of skills, LOL! If they were so skillful their own countries would want to keep them! You're a lost cause because you continually deny the truth and you know it!
Making anchor babies takes a lot of labor.

Old 01-06-2021, 08:35 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,074,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
It started with a guy named Barry about 12 years ago.

Old 01-06-2021, 09:02 AM

2,146 posts, read 3,071,466 times
Right. Because no one had a problem with Bush...

Old 01-06-2021, 09:03 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,613,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It started with a guy named Barry about 12 years ago.
Fanned by extreme right fundamentalists and the GOP. Actually, it start way back with Gringrich and the Contract for America. And then the whole birther dumpster fire, that Trump and many others stoked. Were you one of those, BF? Hey... nice to see you here BTW.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:51 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,396,887 times
I never hated anyone until I hated Trump. After the crazy Trump supporters invaded the Capitol building today, I now am starting to hate citizens who were stupid enough voted for Trump. Shame on the seditionists who invaded the Capitol today. They think they are such good Americans. THEY ARE NOT. They have made the US a joke around the world.

Old 01-06-2021, 03:31 PM

68,353 posts, read 54,544,722 times
Why is there so much Hate in the United States?

At least partly because there's so much gullibility and willingness to believe what you're told without question. Progress has never been made in most fields without asking questions.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:53 PM

1,937 posts, read 563,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I never hated anyone until I hated Trump. After the crazy Trump supporters invaded the Capitol building today, I now am starting to hate citizens who were stupid enough voted for Trump. Shame on the seditionists who invaded the Capitol today. They think they are such good Americans. THEY ARE NOT. They have made the US a joke around the world.
When you witness people invading government buildings, it is no joke. Not here, not anywhere else. Whether one views it as sending a message, or an act by a bunch of idiots, it did not come without warning. It was not an idea they came up with today.

Just as this past summer, I believe most protesters were there for a peaceful demonstration. Then extremists ramp up the action to a major event. I would hope this would drive home the point we need to listen more, pay attention more to one another. Acknowledging no one has a lock on the 'right way' and start listening to other views even if we don't agree.

I fear the MSM will take the opposite approach to keep the division strong. Listening to the 'news' tomorrow will show which road they choose to travel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies