Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 12:45 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
He should be impeached for saying to fight like hell for what you believe in????

Holy *****.

Every president in history would be impeached then.
Just curious. What are your opinions on this statement ?

"it's the power of the people to take to the streets and force their government to address what is wrong"

Old 01-08-2021, 12:48 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm starting to get the feeling reading comprehension isn't your strong point. From the beginning, I've just asked for proof off what you stated. That he ordered people to do this. And no where in this thread have I said he was innocent.

I am not defending any of the actions that happened the other day. Just calling you out on your hyperbole.

I never claim comprehension is my strong point.

But when the Right attempts to make basic facts debatable, I'm out.

Have fun in the alternative universe.

Old 01-08-2021, 12:49 PM

14,477 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Yeah and Guiliani calling for "conflict".
MAGA wearing t-shirts saying "Civil War 1/6/2021"
Big Don and Little Don saying to march to the capital
We heard "walk" down PA. Ave.
Within the crowd were a few small cells of violent ones who seized on the opportunity to head to the Capital. Guliani saying "trial by combat" didn't exactly slow them down. As the walk began and reached the Capital slowly more and more people joined each cell. With totally inadequate security of the building the huge group headed for the doors. Once there it was too late to stop them and many proceeded to do things they had no intent to do.
Capital security was woefully weak. Now they have put up some rinky dink 7 foot metal fence that a few strong men might be able to pull down.

The guy in Pelosi's office has been found in Arkansas so he'll be charged with whatever is appropriate for his actions.

Old 01-08-2021, 12:50 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,866,342 times
Who among the New York City people still think that Guiliani was the best mayor they ever had?

Old 01-08-2021, 12:51 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I never claim comprehension is my strong point.

But when the Right attempts to make basic facts debatable, I'm out.

Have fun in the alternative universe.

Aww...run along now, you can't prove your statement. So sorry.

Old 01-08-2021, 12:58 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Your problem is that you are making a choice, and your choice is to believe an unsubstantiated conspiracy theory. And an unsubstantiated conspiracy theory that is debunked, not just by Democrats, but by Republicans as well. An unsubstantiated conspiracy theory that the NSA, the Department of Justice, the FBI, numerous state election officials all say is untrue. But you are the one making the choice.
So then of course you expect James Comey to be rehired.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 01-08-2021 at 01:30 PM..

Old 01-08-2021, 01:02 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
We are being told that it is far worse to smash the windows where politicians work than it is to burn down the buildings where your neighbors work.
the destruction of property is wrong and any douche-rocket involved should be charged but....

the direct death of a police officer is far worse.

the direct deaths of 4 others is far worse.

60 law enforcement directly injured is far worse.

the attempt to circumnavigate the US constitution is far worse.

the terrorizing of elected representatives of the united states is far worse.

sedition is far worse.

US representatives needing to quarantine in a bunker under armed guard is far worse.

the deliberate promotion of a fake conspracy theory is far worse.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:02 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
A Reuters photographer says he overheard pro-Trump insurrectionists saying they wanted to hang Mike Pence at the Capitol

Quote:
A Reuters photographer said Friday that he overheard at least three pro-Trump insurrectionists at the US Capitol this week say they wanted to locate Vice President Mike Pence and hang him.

They said they "hoped to find Vice President Mike Pence and execute him by hanging him from a Capitol Hill tree as a traitor," the photographer, Jim Bourg, tweeted. "It was a common line being repeated. Many more were just talking about how the VP should be executed."

Old 01-08-2021, 01:12 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,001,526 times
After the last two days, we can conclude:

Liberals = pro 'Merica, supports the police, law & order and a strong defense of our nation's ideals

Conservatives = anti 'Merica, anti-police, against law & order and the rule of law

When Democrats start sounding like Bush Era republicans while Trumpers sound like Cuban revolutionaries from the 50's.........we really are living in upside down land.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:22 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
I don't get it. The more far-fetched and fantastical the stories get the more they believe them!

They literally think that people are going to watch the Mike Pence say he's going to be loyal to the constitution, the President and his son tell the sheep to march to the Capitol and show strength while Mike Pence is doing his job, pictures of known right wing nutjobs entering the Capitol...

But somehow this is all ANTIFA's doing.
Quite possibly! This man was at the protest and overheard others talking, and this just sounds exactly what could have moved the protest to violent, and not by the hands of Trump supporters:

http://video.parler.com/Nu/31/Nu31z2WsqaWr.mp4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies