Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 06:59 PM

1,231 posts, read 449,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Apples and oranges.

The democrats let cities get burned, looted & businesses be destroyed ALL summer long.

Now they have an issue with protesting?

It was mostly peaceful.

Funny how those calling to defund the police call in the DC police, Va state troopers, FBI & National Guard to protect them.
Wrong

It was not peaceful at all.

A woman was murdered. The blood is on the maga rioters

Law enforcement was attacked

The capital was evacuated

They broke windows and climbed walls

They destroyed property

There were pipe bombs and guns

Old 01-06-2021, 07:00 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,093,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
Simple as that. Never mind cities burning down as a result of Antifa/BLM.
k.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:00 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,608,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Today will be remembered for many years to come, and most importantly come the time for the 2024 elections.
Many are asking, how could this happen in the nation's capitol?
Why did it happen?
It happened because many feel this election was based on fraud.

Not only in politics, but in every day life, people get annoyed at many things that they feel helpless to solve, and that leads to frustration, which sometimes leads to striking out at those we feel are responsible.
I believe this is what happened today in Washington DC.
Since the election, supporters of the president have seen the courts, state, as well as federal, including the supreme court, dismiss claims of fraud, without even considering any evidence presented.
Most, if not all these claims were dismissed on technicalities, not for lack of evidence.
No wonder these people are frustrated.

I do not blame the people in these protest today, I blame the courts, and state legislatures for what happened in our nation's capitol today.
You can only be pushed so far, then you are only left with striking out in anguish, which is exactly what happened today.

I believe the American people were subjected to the greatest, and well planned, deceitful, election fraud ever in this country, while those in a position to act on it, stood by and did nothing.
Then we wonder why things like this protest today happen at all.

So many spoke today and repeated the words, "this is not who we are", "this is not who America is".
To that I answer, "voter fraud is not who we are".
"Voter fraud is not what America is"
Yet it happened in this country, and I would hope going forward, that the courts will be more respective of their sworn duties and not rely on party politics.
Yada yada yada.

What happened today is Trump's legacy. He told his lapdogs to fight and look what happened. Then after the urging of his minions, he tells them he loves them and to go home. He should be reimpeached and convicted.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:01 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,585,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
Simple as that. Never mind cities burning down as a result of Antifa/BLM.

If antifa or BLM had broken into the capital building today to interrupt a vote their would have been a bloodbath.

Think about that next time you share your "feelings"

Old 01-06-2021, 07:02 PM

1,231 posts, read 449,315 times
A man beats his wife. He did it because he accused her of cheating. Of course he had no proof. You would blame the woman for being beaten.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:02 PM

25,838 posts, read 18,870,148 times
Default How Soon We All Forget...

Remember this, kiddies? Of course you don't.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/215460...-election-win/

Question for all you good little leftists who suddenly support law and order:

How will you feel when effigies of Biden or Harris are burned in the streets? How will you feel when certain elements of the media call for overthrow? How will you feel when authors write books about killing Biden? How will you feel when artists paint pictures of decapitated and drawn-and-quartered Bidens and Harris'???

My prediction is that you will feel one hundred eighty degrees different than you did four years ago about your newly elected president of the time.

Can you say hypocrisy?

(and please don't give me any bull**** about the source. The photos are there for all to see and they speak for themselves)

Last edited by ChrisC; 01-06-2021 at 07:16 PM..

Old 01-06-2021, 07:03 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,913,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilers4me View Post
Why should anyone in congress be afforded more security and protection than me, my family, my friends, my neighbors, my town, my state, my country?
Tell us how many times thugs have broken into and invaded your workplace, interrupted the most important committee meeting of the year, forcing you and your coworkers to hide in fear of your lives, while they break your windows and doors, randomly shoot off pepper spray, steal your office furniture, prop their booted feet on your antique desk, steal your important papers, dump others on your office floor, attack police attempting to come to your aid, use antique statues of American patriots as their private jungle gyms, and threaten you and your coworkers with mock trials followed by immediate "execution" by hanging on the gallows they erected outside your office.

Then we can talk about security and protection.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:03 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,427,709 times
Im not surprised. When Trump is involved. A narcissist thats been wronged, doesnt end well.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:05 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,376,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
LOL -- lots of links posted....lots of stuff online....

You can't find it -- that's on you ----- and clearly you are not informed as much as you think you are.

That's been clear before and crystal clear by this inability to find the videos we have all seen,
Learn to tell time. You're here several hours after I started the thread.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:06 PM

889 posts, read 273,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
DC should be abandoned by the federal government. Maybe rotate the capitol every 2 years to a different state. Term limits for congress and senate too.
term limits a must! then special interest cant plant seeds that become forests!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies