Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 06:31 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I had presented some evidence that Trump perhaps had plans to leave the US and go to Scotland ASAP for what ever reason. That info is gone now but a Google search can turn up several hits from MSM including Voice of America that carried the story.
They don't want him there.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:32 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really got a link to those words coming out of his mouth without the leftist spin or taking things out of context? When did Trump say that he loved anyone "after" they had committed a terrorist act?
We literally spent hours watching them destroy the Capitol, shut down the govt. and he said them to 'we love you' go home in peace.

I assume you were busy that day and not as aware of the timing of events. That is understandable.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:37 AM

Default He called him a "A consequential president"...

Quote:
Don't forget about the 4 years in between where he praised Trump, aided and abetted Trump and generally kissed Trumps arse.
so, this rebuke coming from Lindsay Graham is even more important.

btw... that is the way it should be once someone is elected as the leader of your party.

You may not like them, but it's your job is to work together for the good of the country.

Graham wasn't the only one who felt that way about Trump.

But,... they had no choice but to work with him because he won the election in 2016 (barely)

or, at least, he had the most electoral votes.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:20 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
so, this rebuke coming from Lindsay Graham is even more important.

btw... that is the way it should be once someone is elected as the leader of your party.

You may not like them, but it's your job is to work together for the good of the country.

Graham wasn't the only one who felt that way about Trump.

But,... they had no choice but to work with him because he won the election in 2016 (barely)

or, at least, he had the most electoral votes.

I do not totally disagree with your comment.

While at the same time, watching a crime and doing nothing, makes you complacent.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:33 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
All of this is moot. The Trumptanic has hit the iceberg and as it sinks the rats are abandoning ship. The only way Trump gets on the ballot in 2024 (or ever) is by forming his own party or asking the cult to write in his name.

Democrats will rejoice if either of these happens since the chances of a Republican President in 2024 becomes zero. Win-win for the Democrats.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:35 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,787 times
Quote:

While at the same time, watching a crime and doing nothing, makes you complacent.
Complicit, too.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:35 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
He’s the most successful con man in world history. I can’t believe how these folks buy into his garbage.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:

I think the word you meant to use is complicit....

but,.. nevertheless..

Part of Graham's speech talks about the way voting works in our country and what the job of the Congress is.

It's not up to Congress to decide who is elected. According to our Constitution, it's the job of the states to govern their elections.

It's the job of Congress to work individually, together, for the good of their states - and for the country as a whole.
That means,... he and the other GOP Senators had no choice but to TRY to work with him - whether they liked it or not.

I think there's much to be learned from the fact that someone like Mr. Graham could have been so against Trump being elected but,
in the end, he considered him a friend and even played golf with him.

He's a better person than I am.

Last edited by World Citizen; 01-08-2021 at 07:47 AM..

Old 01-08-2021, 07:47 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
One day they should be strong since Mike Pence won't and attack the Capitol.

Later that day they are "special to him."

Today they are lousy bums.

Got to love Trump. But they'll just say he was being politically correct in the moment and doesn't really feel that way. But we all know he is walking this back so he won't be impeached on the way out the door.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
One day they should be strong since Mike Pence won't and attack the Capitol.

Later that day they are "special to him."

Today they are lousy bums.

Got to love Trump. But they'll just say he was being politically correct in the moment and doesn't really feel that way. But we all know he is walking this back so he won't be impeached on the way out the door.
exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies