Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you still vote for Trump?
Yes, I fully support Trump 62 52.54%
Yes, but only because I didn't like Biden 19 16.10%
No, I would vote Biden instead 12 10.17%
No, I would vote third party instead 7 5.93%
No, I just would not vote. 18 15.25%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 11:22 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Funny but that's the exact same way I feel about the Republican party. January 6th just sealed the deal on that for me. I view the ones who supported Trump's attempts to overturn a fair and legal election as traitors to our nation.
What are your reasons? Here are mine:

1-10: I'm tired of all the racial crap.
11: I call them "The Pyramid Scheme." The party's plans seem to only be about bringing more people into it (by not enforcing our immigration laws, by lowering the voting ago to 16, by making Washing, D.C. a state), thus giving those at the top more power. Power to do what, exactly? Who knows.
12: I look at places that are completely run by Democrats, and I'm not impressed. Neither are the millions of people who flee from those places, apparently.
13. I'm tired of the racial crap.
14. What few policies they do put forth contradict each other. Their immigration and social-welfare-state policies don't jibe at all. Their soft-on-crime policies will be thrown out the window for total law-and-order when a case that offends their political sensibilities comes into play. Look at the woman who was just extradited from California to New York for trying to wrestle a kid's cell phone out of his hands for an example of that.
15. I'm tired of the racial crap.
16. The courts.

Let's see, what else,.....oh yeah, I'm really tired of the racial crap. For the reasons above, I'll take Trump over the Democrats, any way, any day, regardless of whether or not some nuts want to storm the Capitol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 10:44 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
That’s true, but lately it seems that almost everything from the left is insults rather than good arguments. I’ve never used Lib**** and think that’s exposing someone as a complete moron as well. No doubt, there are some right-wing lunatics on here as well.
I'm glad you don't many however don't think twice of making those comments. Facebook is full of them. Some on Twitter still pull that.

Old 01-11-2021, 10:49 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Donald Trump is COVID... at best he is disruptive and annoying. At worst deadly.

The Democrat establishment is Stage 4 cancer in very part of the body....

We never did vote for Trump. we voted against stage 4 cancer.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:20 PM

I just checked the poll, not surprised by who said they would still vote for Trump. Total red-pills.

Old 01-14-2021, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post

11: I call them "The Pyramid Scheme." The party's plans seem to only be about bringing more people into it (by not enforcing our immigration laws, by lowering the voting ago to 16, by making Washing, D.C. a state), thus giving those at the top more power. Power to do what, exactly? Who knows.
12: I look at places that are completely run by Democrats, and I'm not impressed. Neither are the millions of people who flee from those places, apparently.
14. What few policies they do put forth contradict each other. Their immigration and social-welfare-state policies don't jibe at all. Their soft-on-crime policies will be thrown out the window for total law-and-order when a case that offends their political sensibilities comes into play. Look at the woman who was just extradited from California to New York for trying to wrestle a kid's cell phone out of his hands for an example of that.
16. The courts.

Let's see, what else,.....oh yeah, I'm really tired of the racial crap. For the reasons above, I'll take Trump over the Democrats, any way, any day, regardless of whether or not some nuts want to storm the Capitol.
If you're tired of "the racial crap" what do we do to fix it so "the racial crap" isn't a problem? It is easy to say you're done with it, you said it some 13 out of 17 points of being for Trump.. I'm really wondering if you are racist or one of these do as your told and accept your place types.

As for the way Democrats run things, Republicans are about the same. I live in Arizona and it is clear Doug Ducey doesn't govern. He won't take little steps like he previously did in regards to COVID while we are in a far worse spot than ever before. He also does not care about education. His 20 by 2020 is at risk with the budget crunch due to covid because schools aren't in session and he wants tax cuts during the pandemic. Also he has continually fought education spending while in office, keeping cuts that happened under Jan Brewer.

Old 01-14-2021, 07:10 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:

16. The courts.

So we should just ignore the income and property ownership disparity for minorities.

What did Trump do to change any of your problems but build a wall.

Old 01-14-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So we should just ignore the income and property ownership disparity for minorities.

What did Trump do to change any of your problems but build a wall.
Pretty much, the right likes to think everyone has the same options. We don't. A white person has a much better chance at moving up the socio-economic ladder than African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans. That is fact, want proof?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2XFh_tD2RA

Old 01-14-2021, 08:07 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Yep.

Old 01-14-2021, 08:41 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,371,544 times
Quote:
Yuuup. I used to vote for a mix of Republicans and third-party candidates. Last election I voted straight-ticket Republican for the first time, which I unfortunately will be doing for the foreseeable future. The modern Democrat party is nothing that I want any part of.
Me too, basically.

Old 01-14-2021, 08:47 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
That poll makes Trump the natural choice to lead the P T Barnum Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies