Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 12:56 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
if only you had the mental capacity to actually go link us to some of these liberals' predictions in 2016/early Jan 2017.
A couple come to mind. Mark Cuban stating the market will collapse after he is inaugurated. And for anyone blaming our current economy on him , rather than covid is a idiot. Also, I remember hearing that he was going to start the next world war with NK and or China.

Oddly enough, the last 4 years have been prosperous, and no new wars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 12:57 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I'm a Democratic moderate, not a "liberal", but I'll give this a go:

1. A more effective government led effort to control and overcome Corona virus. Biden has stated that he will use the War Production Act to increase the supply of vaccines, and will be working to improve the speed of the roll-out, distribution and administration of the shots to the public. He has also stated that he'll work with and respect the advice of Dr. Fauci and the CDC.

2. Improved economy, as Corona virus is defeated and stores reopen and more jobs are available. Not so much working from home. Schools, churches, etc. reopening. Life slowly returning to pre-virus normal, though at a slower pace than we'd all like.

3. More regard for the environment and protecting the public's interest in it from big business/big oil interests.

4. Improved relations with our traditional foreign allies. More foreign leaders visiting the United States, when travel become feasible again.

5. More humane treatment of the most vulnerable among us, with assistance to help them thrive at their best level, whatever that may be.

6. A President who tells us the truth and who is an intelligent and empathetic man of conscience, with strong experience in both the Legislative and Executive Branches of our government and deep knowledge of how our government is intended to function.

7. Eventually, a more peaceful and civil society, but this is going to take time and trust.

That's seven things I think we can realistically expect to occur during the Biden Administration. All are sorely needed and should be welcomed by patriotic Americans.
I predict none of the above in 2021. in fact, i expect the exact opposite on all points above.

we will see who is right in 12 months.

Old 01-12-2021, 12:59 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barking Spider View Post
I believed he would drain the swamp, and make changes for the better.
The one thing I did wonder about was his tax records. I always assumed it was just a normal thing Presidents did. Found out it wasn't, but tried to believe his promises to release them very soon.

As time went on, I saw the President lie about things I knew differently. At first I stuffed it off, but they because more frequent.

However, it didn't take long for me to become disillusioned with our President. I could not believe some of the things he would say about events that were happening, and the people involved. There have been many Presidents that I didn't care much for, however I respected the Office. I found it more and more difficult to respect our President. Hearing him bully people, call them names, and disrespect them, just got to be too much.

I'm ashamed he is our President. He didn't drain the swamp, he brought in a load of toxic waste and dumped it. For the life of me, I can not understand how a reasonable person can listen to, and see the actions of Trump, his Cabinet, and attorneys and not see thru the lies and deceit.
Wish I could give this post a rep., but alas, I'm out of reps. for today.

However - welcome to clarity of vision. So glad you and others are seeing things clearly now, and hope soon we'll all see that "rainbow we've been prayin' for" and that it will be a "bright, bright, sunshine-y day" for all of us. Right now, the first rays of sunrise are on the horizon, though there are still some clouds that need to disperse. But the world is turning towards the sunrise.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:04 PM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times
I'm just looking forward to the news cycle being boring.

When Fox News' headlines for the day are:

"Biden wears silver-tinted aviators instead of blue-tinted aviators, therefore, Biden hates cops!"
"Jill Biden doesn't attend Turkey Pardoning Ceremony because she's too busy teaching students"

We know we are in a good place. It reminds me of the Obama Administration when Fox News had scandalous primetime news:

"Obama puts mustard on hamburger!"
"Obama wears tan suit!"

I suppose that's better than:

"US President orchestrates coup attempt." That is real news.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:12 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,602,221 times
its unclear to me how trump supporters seem unaware of trump throwing EVERYBODY under the bus to protect himself a lifelong habit 6 or is it seven bankruptcy's for super business man

Old 01-12-2021, 02:26 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FXuXqzUO9E

It turned out like these Republican said it would also, before they all changed their tune after Trump win in 2016

Old 01-13-2021, 02:20 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Hundreds of thousands of dead Americans. Check.

Unable to handle a crisis. Check.

Economic recession. Check.

Leaving the country in pieces. Check.

Trying to overthrow the government. Check.

Banned from Twitter. Check.

And finally.... just serving one term. Check.

For the record, the George W. presidency also fulfilled much of the liberals' predictions.

Check.

Old 01-13-2021, 02:50 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,322,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Hundreds of thousands of dead Americans. Check.

Unable to handle a crisis. Check.

Economic recession. Check.

Leaving the country in pieces. Check.

Trying to overthrow the government. Check.

Banned from Twitter. Check.

And finally.... just serving one term. Check.

For the record, the George W. presidency also fulfilled much of the liberals' predictions.

Oh come on. COVID ruined our economy and the job market. Before that, Unemployment was at a historic all time low, job growth was the best in had been in a decade, and our economy was going great. Even Chris Wallace defend Trump on that one when Biden's pathetic self tried denying it.

And what more could he have done with the crisis? He said we'd have a vaccine before the year was over, and we got one. He tried being hopeful. Sure, he could have done a few things better, but every world leader struggled with this. I highly doubt Hillary would've done a better job. Look at Canada - Trudeau mocked us for months and now Canada is spiking. Pretty pathetic that the man who once was in black-face can't even get a grip on a country that houses less citizens than the state of California alone. England had riots over masks. Italy saw death like they never saw it before. The bottom line is Trump did more than 4 years than the past 3 in office did. And that includes crybabies like you trying to stop him at every turn. Now you're all begging for unity. HAH!

Old 01-13-2021, 02:53 PM

2,677 posts, read 1,380,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone777 View Post
Reminds me of how liberals ruin everything they touch.
High taxes check
High COL check
Crime check
Illegal aliens check
Third world infrastructure check
Immorality check
American jobs offshored check
And yet the country tends to boom with Democratic administrations and the most prosperous and innovative states and regions of the country tend to be blue. Heck even the economic boom the Trump tries to take credit for started several years before he took office.

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 01-13-2021 at 03:02 PM..

Old 01-13-2021, 02:56 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
Not really, he lasted his whole term, despite their most desperate efforts, something many Dems predicted wouldn’t happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies