Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 03:05 PM

2,680 posts, read 1,380,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
I'm just looking forward to the news cycle being boring.

When Fox News' headlines for the day are:

"Biden wears silver-tinted aviators instead of blue-tinted aviators, therefore, Biden hates cops!"
"Jill Biden doesn't attend Turkey Pardoning Ceremony because she's too busy teaching students"

We know we are in a good place. It reminds me of the Obama Administration when Fox News had scandalous primetime news:

"Obama puts mustard on hamburger!"
"Obama wears tan suit!"

I suppose that's better than:

"US President orchestrates coup attempt." That is real news.
I was an Obama supporter until I read the bit about mustard on hamburger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Oh come on. COVID ruined our economy and the job market. Before that, Unemployment was at a historic all time low, job growth was the best in had been in a decade, and our economy was going great. Even Chris Wallace defend Trump on that one when Biden's pathetic self tried denying it.

And what more could he have done with the crisis? He said we'd have a vaccine before the year was over, and we got one. He tried being hopeful. Sure, he could have done a few things better, but every world leader struggled with this. I highly doubt Hillary would've done a better job. Look at Canada - Trudeau mocked us for months and now Canada is spiking. Pretty pathetic that the man who once was in black-face can't even get a grip on a country that houses less citizens than the state of California alone. England had riots over masks. Italy saw death like they never saw it before. The bottom line is Trump did more than 4 years than the past 3 in office did. And that includes crybabies like you trying to stop him at every turn. Now you're all begging for unity. HAH!
Emoloemt, Wall Street and most other economic indicators were near all time highs during the final years of the Obama administration. The Trump economy before Covid was a continuation of that trend.
And Trump's dismissals of Covid and of wearing masks, etc was not helpful.

Old 01-13-2021, 03:11 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
At least it's almost over. What can he really do to cause more damage in a week?

oh god i can't believe i said that

Old 01-13-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Oh come on. COVID ruined our economy and the job market. Before that, Unemployment was at a historic all time low, job growth was the best in had been in a decade, and our economy was going great. Even Chris Wallace defend Trump on that one when Biden's pathetic self tried denying it.

And what more could he have done with the crisis? He said we'd have a vaccine before the year was over, and we got one. He tried being hopeful. Sure, he could have done a few things better, but every world leader struggled with this. I highly doubt Hillary would've done a better job. Look at Canada - Trudeau mocked us for months and now Canada is spiking. Pretty pathetic that the man who once was in black-face can't even get a grip on a country that houses less citizens than the state of California alone. England had riots over masks. Italy saw death like they never saw it before. The bottom line is Trump did more than 4 years than the past 3 in office did. And that includes crybabies like you trying to stop him at every turn. Now you're all begging for unity. HAH!
Employment, Wall Street and most other economic indicators were near all time highs during the final years of the Obama administration. The Trump economy before Covid was a continuation of that trend.
And Trump's dismissals of Covid and of wearing masks, etc was not helpful.

Old 01-13-2021, 04:30 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:

Covid is a gift to Trump to be the hero. He messed that up in such a big way even I was surprised. My dog could have handled the crisis better.

Every competent world leaders benefited from Covid. From Trudeau to Xi to Merkel. Even if the US is middle of the road in terms of handling this crisis, Trump probably would have been hailed as the savior.

Blaming Covid for Trump's failure is like blaming the Superbowl for a quarterback's failure. No, it was a gold opportunity, but the moment was too big for him (just as liberals predicted).

Old 01-13-2021, 04:33 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
You don't have to be a liberal to see how it all went down. Moderates, conservatives, and people from all sides have seen things crystal clear, and as they are (not the delusional fantasy land mentality of the nuts). Basic watching and observing.

Old 01-13-2021, 04:35 PM

761 posts, read 316,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Covid is a gift to Trump to be the hero. He messed that up in such a big way even I was surprised. My dog could have handled the crisis better.

Every competent world leaders benefited from Covid. From Trudeau to Xi to Merkel. Even if the US is middle of the road in terms of handling this crisis, Trump probably would have been hailed as the savior.

Blaming Covid for Trump's failure is like blaming the Superbowl for a quarterback's failure. No, it was a gold opportunity, but the moment was too big for him (just as liberals predicted).

Who’s the odd man out on the global stage? Who controls the narrative? Who controls each state in America? Who controls the decisions of every American exposed to the information?

Old 01-13-2021, 04:40 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Camarottop View Post
Who’s the odd man out on the global stage? Who controls the narrative? Who controls each state in America? Who controls the decisions of every American exposed to the information?

I don't follow QAnon, you'll have to be specific about which conspiracy you're referring to.

Old 01-13-2021, 04:55 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Covid-19 is what ended his presidency ultimately.
If the virus hadn't emerged, the economy would be booming, and Trump would have been re-elected.
The virus didn't do him in. His total lack of response and empathy for the victims did him in. We are currently pushing 400,000 Americans dead from a situation that could have been largely prevented. His dismissal of the seriousness of the virus and the constant stream of lies about it marked him as subhuman.

If he had tried, attempted, even pretended to be a genuine president concerned about the well being of all Americans he might be heading for a second inauguration next week instead of bankruptcy and prison.

Old 01-13-2021, 04:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Fascinating to listen to the arguments against impeachment. Sure a few diehards said he did nothing but most of the arguments were based on whataboutism or that his reign has come to an end -- let him go.

That's telling.

His statement today is revealing. Today he said what he should have said last Wednesday.

It's good for him he doesn't have Twitter. Historically after he's agreed to read a formal statement clearly not prepared or created by him, he posts something on Twitter that clearly indicates he made the 'official' statement out of duress. This official statement will stand until the next helicopter ride to a golf course.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies