Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 11:49 AM

8,226 posts, read 3,422,044 times

Advertisements

The Democrats have been using race as a weapon to increase their power, and it is working well. Democrat-owned news media (which is most) convinced their audience (of mostly Democrats) that Trump and his followers are all racists. And that Republicans are generally racists also.

Racism is a serious accusation, and Democrats make good use of it. They have been able to cancel, discredit, and shut down opinions that differ from theirs on any issue.

Democrats own most news media, just about all education at all levels, and most of Big Tech. So they control most of the information.

People like me, who don't belong to either party or any ideology, can be called racists simply because we don't agree that racism is a serious problem in the US today. Or because we don't think non-whites are still being intentionally kept down and prevented from succeeding.

Trump is described as exactly like Hitler, even though Trump's daughter and son-in-law are Jewish. And even though the Trumps and the Clintons used to be good friends.

Facts and evidence do not matter. The race obsession has distracted Democrats from important issues, and has made it easy to demonize Trump and his followers.

Of course there are some racists in this country. There are all kinds of crazies and some are violent. The question that needs to be asked is How many are there? Democrats have been implying that this country is full of evil violent racists and white supremacists. The don't give evidence or numbers, they never back up their claims of rampant serious racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 07:15 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
The Democrats have been using race as a weapon to increase their power, and it is working well. Democrat-owned news media (which is most) convinced their audience (of mostly Democrats) that Trump and his followers are all racists. And that Republicans are generally racists also.

Racism is a serious accusation, and Democrats make good use of it. They have been able to cancel, discredit, and shut down opinions that differ from theirs on any issue.

Democrats own most news media, just about all education at all levels, and most of Big Tech. So they control most of the information.

People like me, who don't belong to either party or any ideology, can be called racists simply because we don't agree that racism is a serious problem in the US today. Or because we don't think non-whites are still being intentionally kept down and prevented from succeeding.

Trump is described as exactly like Hitler, even though Trump's daughter and son-in-law are Jewish. And even though the Trumps and the Clintons used to be good friends.

Facts and evidence do not matter. The race obsession has distracted Democrats from important issues, and has made it easy to demonize Trump and his followers.

Of course there are some racists in this country. There are all kinds of crazies and some are violent. The question that needs to be asked is How many are there? Democrats have been implying that this country is full of evil violent racists and white supremacists. The don't give evidence or numbers, they never back up their claims of rampant serious racism.
They also call those of us who oppose illegal immigration, another amnesty and want our border secured, racists, xenophobes, etc. It's pathetic that they call a whole group of Americans those names that aren't warranted when it comes to illegal immigration.

Old 01-17-2021, 07:25 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Democrats use race for their political gain, but they don't actually help anyone on a large scale. They could help if they wanted to - but they don't. They just want the outrage, protests, and chaos.

They govern in many minority areas, keep people needy, and then blame the other side. What a racket...

Old 01-17-2021, 07:37 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
[quote=WiseWino;60187535][quote=Good4Nothin;60176756]The Democrats have been using race as a weapon to increase their power
Quote:

Excuse me but the Republican party has been using race as their cause celeb since Nixon invented the "Southern Strategy!" Regan and his welfare queen rants? And Trump? My god talk about race and campaigning!!!

I don't believe that all Trump supporters were not racist, but feel fairly certain that all racist were Trump supporters!
Of all the issues facing the black community, racism is way way on the bottom of the list.

Black folks have said this consistently for a long time now.

Old 01-17-2021, 07:51 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
[quote=WiseWino;60187535][quote=Good4Nothin;60176756]The Democrats have been using race as a weapon to increase their power
Quote:

Excuse me but the Republican party has been using race as their cause celeb since Nixon invented the "Southern Strategy!" Regan and his welfare queen rants? And Trump? My god talk about race and campaigning!!!

I don't believe that all Trump supporters were not racist, but feel fairly certain that all racist were Trump supporters!
Oh give me a break! There are plenty of racist minorities. Who do you think you are kidding? There are plenty of welfare queens is that news to you? How are facts racist?

WTH are you talking about "Trump race campaigning"? Huh?

Old 01-17-2021, 07:53 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,317 times
I hate the lies and gaslighting they use to fuel racial tension. They have resorted to making things up to keep it going. I agree with the OP. Racism is a serious accusation. They are diminishing it when they use it as a political weapon.

Here's a new mind bender: Currently, they are saying how well the Capitol police handled themselves in a calm manner to deescalate a situation that could have been much, much worse. They are "heroes".

Not long after (same network) you will hear long diatribes about how Blacks in America are shocked at the "racist" behavior of the Capitol police. They point out the good treatment Capitol rioters experienced versus what Blacks received at the protests this summer. Can't have it both ways but somehow an alternative reality where both apply works for many viewers.

I don't even know where to begin so I won't. It should be obvious handling street type rioting is a totally different situation from being outnumbered in a closed building. It's like they just look for ways to bring up race to make divisions WORSE.

I wish we could impeach the media for lies and "incitement". LOL

Old 01-17-2021, 07:57 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post

Here's a new mind bender: Currently, they are saying how well the Capitol police handled themselves in a calm manner to deescalate a situation that could have been much, much worse. They are "heroes".

Calm manner... see video...

“Insurrection”

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...04883482923011

Old 01-17-2021, 08:00 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,422,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They also call those of us who oppose illegal immigration, another amnesty and want our border secured, racists, xenophobes, etc. It's pathetic that they call a whole group of Americans those names that aren't warranted when it comes to illegal immigration.
And it's crazy considering that Democrats used to be the ones against illegal immigration, and Republicans liked it because of the cheap labor.

Trump railed against illegal immigrants from Mexico and Central America, and those people happen to be non-white. That gave Democrats the chance to label him a racist. Not logical or fair.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:01 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
You use what works, that is what makes Democrats such brilliant politicians, who
keep racking-up the wins.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:02 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Division
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies