Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 07:35 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Not so he marked them deported but they did not leave or did and came right back the gate was open

Do you have a link for that?

Old 01-16-2021, 07:36 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Either way. People can disagree on things without name calling. If someone disagrees with another lets all remember that it helps no one to just scream and shout like a kid at recess. I hope this forum doesn't go down the drain like that.
Saying that someone's ideas are stupid is not name calling. If you want to talk about name calling you've only got to look at the left and their constant references to Trump as "cheeto man" among other nasty names. They also call his supporters nasty names right here in this forum.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:37 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
No matter what side you're on, it is not cool to call people stupid.
I hear what you're saying. But I said that these ideas are stupid. I'm sorry, but making anyone who wanders into your country and doesn't get caught killing anyone for a certain period of time a citizen....that's stupid. Claiming that adding people, any random people, to your country will improve your country's economy....that's stupid. The problem that we have, though, is that for the Democrats, that isn't stupid. We have a political party in this country that exists only for the purpose of expanding itself. And this is their main way of doing that.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:37 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
How many illegals do those 2 countries let in?

What are their standards for legal immigration?

What do they do when their work-visa/student immigrants don't leave when their visas expire?
Australia is an island, so I'm not sure it's comparable. The only thing I can find for Canada is people caught trying to cross the border illegally. Otherwise, I can't find estimates of illegals living there, so I don't know.

The two other links I already gave describe their standards.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:39 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Do you have a link for that?
https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...402-story.html

Old 01-16-2021, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I hear what you're saying. But I said that these ideas are stupid. I'm sorry, but making anyone who wanders into your country and doesn't get caught killing anyone for a certain period of time a citizen....that's stupid. Claiming that adding people, any random people, to your country will improve your country's economy....that's stupid. The problem that we have, though, is that for the Democrats, that isn't stupid. We have a political party in this country that exists only for the purpose of expanding itself. And this is their main way of doing that.
Just because you can't see another person's point of view doesn't mean that they are stupid or their ideas are stupid. Why do people come to this forum? So they can call each other stupid ad infinitum? Or to discuss ideas intelligently?

Old 01-16-2021, 07:41 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

Here's a little bit of logic for you to chew on

If minimum wage gets raised to $15/hr.......

Not everyone who currently makes more than $15/hr is going to get a corresponding increase in wages.

However, the cost of goods and services are going to go up almost across the board.

This means everyone's buying power goes down.

Because minimum wage will always be minimum wage.

So, if you currently make $50k/year.

Get ready to have the buying power of $40k/yr.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You still haven't said exactly why it is stupid. You just keep saying, 'Aw c'mon, everybody knows it's stupid!'

Why is letting an 18-year-old just out of high school enter the workforce not "stupid," but letting a 20-something guy from Honduras with a high school education is "stupid?"

They are both young people with a high school education entering the workforce.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Here's a little bit of logic for you to chew on

If minimum wage gets raised to $15/hr.......

Not everyone who currently makes more than $15/hr is going to get a corresponding increase in wages.

However, the cost of goods and services are going to go up almost across the board.

This means everyone's buying power goes down.

Because minimum wage will always be minimum wage.
For the third time ... I have already addressed this.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Good article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies