Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 10:12 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

"More than half of House Republican conference sign petition to oust Liz Cheney"

Quote:
In a 145-61 vote by secret ballot Wednesday, House Republicans overwhelmingly rebuffed a rebellion by hard-right conservatives to toss Cheney over her vote last month to impeach then-President Donald Trump.
https://wxow.com/2021/02/03/mccarthy...nzqSqEL_sEiiVY

Well there ^ you have it. Republicans are cowards in open but their true selves are revealed when in secret.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2021, 10:21 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Suprise surprise. You can never take a republican at their word. More than half are on board to kick cheney to the curb and a measly 61 actially vote to do it. What a useless party.
They truly are. They sound like some combination of Ronald Reagan and Rush Limbaugh for the six months before the upcoming election. Then literally the day after, all that is flushed down the political commode, and they are back to their self-promoting, establishment serving, self advancement agenda.

And as untrustworthy as the Republicans clearly are, the Democrats do this even more flagrantly and are even worse, if that is actually possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Spot on !!!

The only reason I will remain a member of the GOP is its necessary to vote in the primary elections and I like and want my state of Fl. to remain in GOP control !!! I'll never vote for a democrat !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Is the bolded a new twist?

You did vote for Trump, right?
I have not been a self-identified Republican since 1990 and at no time from that day to this have I been even momentarily tempted to reconsider that decision. I am an independent.

The political parties are here to serve me and the American people, not the other way around. Of course the elected politicians in Washington and the establishment types do not see it that way. And many Democrat leftists cannot bring themselves to imagine anyone not identifying themselves by tribe and other identity politics characteristics as their primary identifiers. It is almost as if their brains are no longer configured to be able to do it.

A person can vote for a person who identifies with a party without identifying with that party themselves. I have voted over the years for candidates that were Democrats, independents and Republicans. I continue to reserve to right to vote for candidates of any party, depending on who is most likely to best represent my ideals and interests, which I believe are best for this country. Blindly doing that by party affiliation is a fools errand.
“It doesn't matter how smart you are unless you stop and think.”

Thomas Sowell

Old 02-04-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Yeah. They're also saying that they and their families have been threatened by trumpees about the impeachment vote, and many said off the record that they would have voted for impeachment if not for the threats. But if you're not gonna do your job, you shouldn't have the job.
Congress sends out finest off to risk their lives fighting wars. Yet, they lose our country due to their cowardice here at home.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:25 AM

How about the Republicans have a secret vote to oust McCarthy?

Old 02-04-2021, 10:37 AM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,896,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
They truly are. They sound like some combination of Ronald Reagan and Rush Limbaugh for the six months before the upcoming election. Then literally the day after, all that is flushed down the political commode, and they are back to their self-promoting, establishment serving, self advancement agenda.

And as untrustworthy as the Republicans clearly are, the Democrats do this even more flagrantly and are even worse, if that is actually possible.

I have not been a self-identified Republican since 1990 and at no time from that day to this have I been even momentarily tempted to reconsider that decision. I am an independent.

The political parties are here to serve me and the American people, not the other way around. Of course the elected politicians in Washington and the establishment types do not see it that way. And many Democrat leftists cannot bring themselves to imagine anyone not identifying themselves by tribe and other identity politics characteristics as their primary identifiers. It is almost as if their brains are no longer configured to be able to do it.

A person can vote for a person who identifies with a party without identifying with that party themselves. I have voted over the years for candidates that were Democrats, independents and Republicans. I continue to reserve to right to vote for candidates of any party, depending on who is most likely to best represent my ideals and interests, which I believe are best for this country. Blindly doing that by party affiliation is a fools errand.
“It doesn't matter how smart you are unless you stop and think.”

Thomas Sowell
Love your quote. Have a book of his on my counter to read.

Old 02-04-2021, 01:36 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
"More than half of House Republican conference sign petition to oust Liz Cheney"

https://wxow.com/2021/02/03/mccarthy...nzqSqEL_sEiiVY

Well there ^ you have it. Republicans are cowards in open but their true selves are revealed when in secret.
Agreed... with the addition that they are the swampy establishment types. It's not all of them.

Liz Cheney surviving her leadership vote behind closed doors is the perfect illustration of how the swamp operates and protects its power.

https://twitter.com/AJ_Cats_/status/1357338272876396545

Old 02-04-2021, 03:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Love your quote. Have a book of his on my counter to read.
Read too much of Sowell and you will lose all respect for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies