Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 08:21 AM

9,895 posts, read 4,656,637 times

Advertisements

At least Chavez realized that importing or allowing illegal immigrant workers in the US threatened farm worker job security. It made it easier to break a strike by replace striking workers. Seemed more about the cause than culture.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...migration-hero
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 08:21 AM

10,035 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don't see what the issue is. Is it just because he wasn't white?

What does everyone expect? A bust of Jerry Falwell Sr or David Duke?
Not white? Then what race was he?

Old 01-21-2021, 08:22 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Hilarious! Caesar Chavez was opposed to illegal immigration and Biden is pro-illegal immigration. What does he think he doing? Appealing to Hispanics who have no idea what Chavez really stood for but are enamored that he chose to put a bust of a Hispanic in his office?

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...al-office-desk
I totally care about this

Old 01-21-2021, 08:23 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times
Stalin is next ?

Old 01-21-2021, 08:24 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Stalin is next ?
I think you are confusing Cesar Chavez with Hugo Chavez.

Old 01-21-2021, 08:25 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,753,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I was wondering who that was. I guess having a bust of a powerful American that fought and worked for America just doesn't lend any inspiration nor does it convey the message the Dems want.
This post of yours was ultimately damning of you.

Caesar Chavez was born in Arizona. Now, I had to check to make sure I was right but, sure enough, Arizona is in fact part of the United States of America (I KNOW, right? Next thing they'll tell us is that New Mexico is part of the US!)

It's blatantly obviously why you decided to jump on this instead of checking the actual internet for facts. But, at least we don't have to wonder anymore. You have put your biases right out there on front street.

Old 01-21-2021, 08:27 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,753,371 times
Quote:
I think you are confusing Cesar Chavez with Hugo Chavez.
I'm sure Powell is having SEIZURES over the same mistake.

Old 01-21-2021, 08:28 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Shouldn't you support this tribute then?
Hell no, it's fake. He's urinating on the memory of Chavez, and using the man as a prop. In regards to immigration, Chavez stood for everything Biden opposes.

It's sick and demented, and the Biden supporters don't give a damn how fake and disingenuous Biden is.

Old 01-21-2021, 08:38 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,567,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
This post of yours was ultimately damning of you.

Caesar Chavez was born in Arizona. Now, I had to check to make sure I was right but, sure enough, Arizona is in fact part of the United States of America (I KNOW, right? Next thing they'll tell us is that New Mexico is part of the US!)

It's blatantly obviously why you decided to jump on this instead of checking the actual internet for facts. But, at least we don't have to wonder anymore. You have put your biases right out there on front street.
Not white, not American according to Team Trump.

Old 01-21-2021, 08:54 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,358,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Hilarious! Caesar Chavez was opposed to illegal immigration and Biden is pro-illegal immigration. What does he think he doing? Appealing to Hispanics who have no idea what Chavez really stood for but are enamored that he chose to put a bust of a Hispanic in his office?

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...al-office-desk
Indeed he was!!!

Just goes to show how ignorant some people are, what a panderer and complete idiot the occupant of the Oval Office is.

Quote:
Cesar Chavez – Illegal Immigration Foe | National Review
https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/...migration-foe/
But during those 15 years, Chavez fought illegal immigration tenaciously. In 1969, he marched to the Mexican border to protest farmers’ use of illegal aliens as strikebreakers. He was joined by...

Was Cesar Chavez Really Against Illegal Immigration ...
https://www.houstonpress.com/news/wa...ration-6574646
Jul 02, 2008 · Yes, Virginia: Not only was Cesar Chavez against illegal immigration, not only did he speak out against the Mexican invasion before Congress, not only did United Farm Workers members monitor the...

Cesar Chavez's Complex History on Immigration - ABC News
https://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision...ry?id=19083496
May 01, 2013 · May 1, 2013— -- For a significant period of his storied career as a labor organizer, Cesar Chavez opposed illegal immigration. He encouraged union members to join "wet lines" along the Arizona-Mexico border to prevent undocumented immigrants from crossing into the U.S.

Cesar Chavez's Great-niece Has No Idea Why Joe Biden Put Bust ...
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...n-oval-office/
15 hours ago · Notably, Chavez opposed illegal immigration, seeing it as a threat to the wages of unionized workers legally present in the United States. Immigration Politics Cesar Chavez Joe Biden Oval Office Winston Churchill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies