Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 10:45 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
the troops wear masks at all times and it still spread. seems to me the masks do not work.
The reason they were removed from the Capitol, and sadly placed in an unheated parking garage, is because they weren't wearing masks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 10:47 AM

1,110 posts, read 672,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Biden did not violate the mandate for anyone who took the time to read it. It provides for exceptions and alternatives. For example it says:

(d) Heads of agencies may make categorical or case-by-case exceptions in implementing subsection (a) of this section to the extent that doing so is necessary or required by law, and consistent with applicable law. If heads of agencies make such exceptions, they shall require appropriate alternative safeguards, such as additional physical distancing measures, additional testing, or reconfiguration of workspace, consistent with applicable law.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...-mask-wearing/
So it appears exceptions were made. If so, heads of agencies (as stated) would be required to provide appropriate alternative safeguard. Looking at the footage of NG co-habitating, some of time involved laying on the floor in close proximity for days; does that look like 'appropriate alternative safeguards' to you?

Heck, I'd bet occupancy exceeded Fire Marshall max capacity regulations a few times over (max under normal circumstances - not factoring in recent restrictions).

Also (I gently suggest) you improve your language semantics when trying to express an idea. "Biden did not violate the mandate for anyone who took the time to read it." This could easily be read as 'Biden did violate the mandate for everyone who did not take the time to read it.' I'm quite certain this is not the point you were trying to make.

The following (though not necessarily true) would indisputably represent what I think you were trying to express:

"Biden did not violate the mandate. For anyone who took the time to read it, the mandate provides for exceptions and alternatives in some conditions."

Old 01-23-2021, 10:47 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Exactly. Rounding up 25,000 troops during a pandemic was a horrible mistake and turned into a superspreader event.

Now those troops will go back and spread it to their home states, through no fault of their own.
But I guess the 100K (Trump's estimate) rioters didn't do that.

Old 01-23-2021, 10:52 AM

23,649 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Yep Bingo. Biden hasn't been in office long enough for the Covid incubation period to take effect, so, yes. the troops brought it with them.

I'm hoping they have all been vaccinated, just as everyone in the white house has. There's a difference between being vaccinated and a carrier, and not being vaccinated and a sick carrier.

It's funny the butt hurt right has nothing on their plate but more lies and manufactured drama. Had Trump thugs not been incited to over throw an election and disrespect those over 7 million voters that out voted team Trump? The National Guard would never have had to be there in the first place.

But But facts? They just don't compute in La La Land and low information emotional thinkers that spew troll talking points ad nauseam. It's still weak, ridiculous, and an embarrassment.
Are you trying to say that it's been less than two days since Biden* took the oath of office?

Quote:
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019.../symptoms.html

Old 01-23-2021, 10:52 AM

8,630 posts, read 10,157,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Wait, what, wasn't it just months ago you all were laughing at the idea that large crowds were a covid threat, saying masks didn't matter? Have you changed your minds and come around to agreeing with 'the other side'(!)? Or are you so very desperate to make Biden look incompetent that you'll say anything in an attempt to make a point, even if it contradicts what you've said earlier?
No one needs to be very desperate to make Biden look incompetent. He's perfectly capable of doing so without any help.

Old 01-23-2021, 10:54 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Of course those troops were deployed while Joe was still a private citizen but I guess you'd rather not mention that fact. So, whatta ya think the motive of those who actually deployed them was?
Yes, to gain support, that is why his party called this a necessary step.

But there was no fascist coup.

Let me tell you something burdell since I know you don't gain for corporate influence over our society.

The democratic party officials are a bigger danger to you than republican voters.

Old 01-23-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Seems to me you have no proof they weren't exposed before they were deployed and started wearing masks all the time.
And you have no proof that they were. Why didn't Biden* have them all tested and send them on their way back home the very minute after he'd taken his oath of office?

Old 01-23-2021, 10:55 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...navirus-461340

Yikes, Biden just can't seem to do anything right. First he refuses to follow his own executive orders of a mask mandate on federal property, now he's responsible for infecting countless troops in the name of safety against an overblown threat.
Oh, the irony.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
No one needs to be very desperate to make Biden look incompetent. He's perfectly capable of doing so without any help.
Yep. His voters had been warned, by Obama no less.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:05 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Of course those troops were deployed while Joe was still a private citizen but I guess you'd rather not mention that fact. So, whatta ya think the motive of those who actually deployed them was?
Protect the Diet Coke button?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies