Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 08:28 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Could not be half the population.. If that were true, the population would be decreasing. LBGTQ for the most part do not create babies between a man and a woman. a woman and a woman do not naturally create a baby. they can adopt, or have a surrogate, but im talking strictly woman/woman or man/man sex. So no, it would not be that high, life and nature has to reproduce and so that stat would not be true.

they are pushing a lot of b.s. on kids, its part of the leftist agenda, so sorry they are starting this early. but they are. it will cause confusion AND will cause a little girl to think she is a boy.
I'm not so sure. While, traditionally, was more so true for gay men and lesbians to an extent (leaving aside trans people for a minute), I'd wager that it is becoming less and less true these days as the price of surrogacy continues to decrease. When you include bisexuals and those who are questioning but never act on same sex attraction to that count, I think the entire equation changes as well.

Note, I don't think that anywhere close to 50% of the population is LGBTQ, but (and particularly to the point of those who are questioning), I believe that a much higher percentage than some think are LGBTQ, even if most would never admit so publicly due to societal norms and the risk of death/serious bodily harm they'd face in many places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 09:22 AM

524 posts, read 246,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They recruit all the time.. they tell little suzy she can grow up and marry either Tammy or Johnny. They are starting at a very young age telling they have a choice.
It’s true. The lesbian who tried to recruit me told me that she was one conversion away from a gift certificate to Chili’s. It didn’t take, so I felt kind of bad and took her out for an Awesome Blossom, on me.

Old 01-23-2021, 09:40 AM

3,462 posts, read 2,789,333 times
Years ago there was a magazine titled “10 Percent”. Its name came from the claimed percentage of the population that was in the “alphabet categories”.

Old 01-23-2021, 09:41 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Could not be half the population.. If that were true, the population would be decreasing. LBGTQ for the most part do not create babies between a man and a woman. a woman and a woman do not naturally create a baby. they can adopt, or have a surrogate, but im talking strictly woman/woman or man/man sex. So no, it would not be that high, life and nature has to reproduce and so that stat would not be true.

they are pushing a lot of b.s. on kids, its part of the leftist agenda, so sorry they are starting this early. but they are. it will cause confusion AND will cause a little girl to think she is a boy.
I think the gays are trying to increase the bisexual population to increase the number of their partners.

Old 01-23-2021, 09:43 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calen81 View Post
A teacher I know posted that an unprecedented number of kids (she teaches 7 and 8 grade) talk to her about their pronouns and most feel they are a “They/Them. She then said she thinks if everyone felt comfortable to be who they are that 50% would be part of the LQBTQIA community and is so excited about it. I think she and others almost push this on kids and it can confuse them. Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s we didn’t have so many different categories. And most grew up to be happy members of society. I can’t say anyone was depressed or committed suicide because they were a man trapped in a woman’s body or vice versa. Why now would so many kids tell their teacher that they don’t identify with being a boy or girl? Also on another note, they/them is plural yet now it’s used to classify one person. Isn’t that teaching the wrong grammar?
Oh Calen81, we hardly knew ye.

I spend not one moment thinking about your topic.

Old 01-23-2021, 09:46 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
A teacher I know posted that an unprecedented number of kids (she teaches 7 and 8 grade) talk to her about their pronouns and most feel they are a “They/Them. She then said she thinks if everyone felt comfortable to be who they are that 50% would be part of the LQBTQIA community and is so excited about it. I think she and others almost push this on kids and it can confuse them. Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s we didn’t have so many different categories. And most grew up to be happy members of society. I can’t say anyone was depressed or committed suicide because they were a man trapped in a woman’s body or vice versa. Why now would so many kids tell their teacher that they don’t identify with being a boy or girl? Also on another note, they/them is plural yet now it’s used to classify one person. Isn’t that teaching the wrong grammar?
She needs to take a Psychology 101 course. Young kids are just starting to get attracted to the opposite sex. Do people not know this very basic fact? Wow, and this person teaches? Scary.

Old 01-23-2021, 10:06 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
To an extent, children are programmed as are computers. Garbage in, garbage out. And those throwing the garbage in will one day answer for it. It won't be pretty.

Old 01-23-2021, 10:10 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:

Most are regurgitating what was feed them.

Old 01-23-2021, 10:21 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:

The biggest portion of the LGBTQ community is the Bs...who often end up married to the opposite sex and have children. There are a lot of people out there who have some level of same sex attraction but just don’t make it publicly known or ever actually try it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was 50% especially as the Q merely means questioning.

Are you saying you would have gender dysphoria if someone merely mentioned it was a possibility to you?

Old 01-23-2021, 10:27 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
They/them isn't just about being gay though. How many individuals don't identify as strictly he or she but are NOT gay? It's like you introduce the word gay into one of these discussions and nobody can see anything else.
Basically the kids that used to be bullied as sissies, *****, tomboys, etc. Nothing really new except for acceptance of it rather than bullying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies