Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 10:55 AM
bu2

24,132 posts, read 14,973,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Election laws were not changed in Georgia or Arizona yet I keep hearing MAGA's claim they were. I find that typical just repeat what they hear have no clue how elections really works in all these states.

PA election law was changed by the legislature act 77 to allow no excuse vote by mail. The only contention was some ballots which showed up after election day in the end those ballots were not even counted, and didn't amount sufficient numbers to change the outcome in PA.

WI allowed for no excuse voting by mail with the use of clause "indefinitely confined". Trump took that to court and lost.

MI (Michigan) passed 2 bipartisan election laws by their legislatures to allow easier voting by mail

NV They passed Assembly bill 4 to respond to covid allow mailing all registered voters a ballot. Trump sued and lost.

There is some kind of fantasy by Trump Supporters who think that election laws were wildly changed without legislature in those states just not true. This is why the Supreme Court refused to hear any of the garbage lawsuits which were attempted.

The affidavits none have panned out to more then conjecture, or opinion. Some of them are now coming to light that the people who were so called experts turned out not to be such as Army intel officer was really just a mechanic.

The rest is complete conspiracy theory.
You are repeating lies. GA Sec. of State Rafferty agreed in a lawsuit separate from the legislature or governor to drop security on mail in ballots.

PA court unilaterally changed rules on mail-in ballots.

WI court allowed ballots with no address.

I presume the rest of your stuff is lies as well but I'm not as familiar with those states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 11:04 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,982,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Except that you don't have an Electoral College count without the popular vote count. Alas.

Is this alternative math? How is 74 million only 40,000 less than 81 million?

But at least you're admitting he lost the election.

How, exactly, did Stacey Abrams attempt to overturn the election results? How many Georgia county elections officials did she call to ask them to find more votes for her?
Maybe I'll say it again slowly:

Joe Biden could have won by 30 billion popular votes. It doesn't matter if he lost the electoral college.

Running up the score in California and NY doesn't matter. They still only provide a fixed number of electoral votes.

Trump lost AZ, WI, and GA by a combined total of around 40,000 votes. If he wins those, he's president today.

So really, stop acting like we are talking about "7 Million" votes and that election challenges couldn't have made up that much ground. Trump lost by literally half of an NFL stadium out of almost 160 million votes cast.

Really this isn't hard to grasp. I'm not sure why you can't.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:09 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,128,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ip_on_Campuses

Liberals accepted biases against whites and men. Conservatives rejected biases against all.
Overall, this is a Pro-Science source, however caution is needed as some Predatory Research may slip through the cracks. (D. Van Zandt 5/17/2018)
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/researchgate/

So. Maybe take with a grain of salt.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Overall, this is a Pro-Science source, however caution is needed as some Predatory Research may slip through the cracks. (D. Van Zandt 5/17/2018)

A liberal talking about science while the party claims there are 40 genders.

HAHA!

Old 01-26-2021, 11:12 AM

42,006 posts, read 75,408,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Joe Biden could have won by 30 billion popular votes. It doesn't matter if he lost the electoral college.
I'm not disputing that. Go back and read my post again.

Quote:
Trump lost AZ, WI, and GA by a combined total of around 40,000 votes. If he wins those, he's president today.
But he didn't. So any lame attempt at rationalization is irrelevant.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:14 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,128,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
You are repeating lies. GA Sec. of State Rafferty agreed in a lawsuit separate from the legislature or governor to drop security on mail in ballots.

I presume the rest of your stuff is lies as well but I'm not as familiar with those states.
You accuse someone of repeating lies then you misidentify the Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm not disputing that. Go back and read my post again.

But he didn't. So any lame attempt at rationalization is irrelevant.
My response about "rationalization" was in reply to someone that said Abrams was justified in her protests because she only lost by "55,000" votes. My point was that Trump "lost" by less than that!

Read the thread.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:15 AM

13,444 posts, read 7,441,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post

GA "A signature match audit in Cobb County found “no fraudulent absentee ballots” and found that the Cobb County Elections Department had “a 99.99% accuracy rate in performing correct signature verification procedures.” This was done with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation I guess you could include them in your conspiracy. https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/electio...finds_no_fraud

PA I already said the "Unilateral changes" were for ballots that showed up after election day none of those were counted, and were not enough to allow Trump to win.

WI have no clue what your talking about unless you are referring to voters being allowed to show up with their ID and cure their ballot which had a problem. What is the issue with this voter shows up with their ID and fixes their ballot? That is no different then voting in person.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/6253055002/

Old 01-26-2021, 11:16 AM

26,624 posts, read 15,187,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post

Research Gate as your sources says is "pro-science," but you should have realized that they didn't do the study. A professor from the University of Pennsylvania (Ivy League) did the study.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
GA "A signature match audit in Cobb County found “no fraudulent absentee ballots” and found that the Cobb County Elections Department had “a 99.99% accuracy rate in performing correct signature verification procedures.” This was done with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation I guess you could include them in your conspiracy. https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/electio...finds_no_fraud

PA I already said the "Unilateral changes" were for ballots that showed up after election day none of those were counted, and were not enough to allow Trump to win.

WI have no clue what your talking about unless you are referring to voters being allowed to show up with their ID and cure their ballot which had a problem. What is the issue with this voter shows up with their ID and fixes their ballot? That is no different then voting in person.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/6253055002/
Your response about PA is not complete. Here is the full story. You can guarantee that Democrats would have challenged this too and that election reform is needed. Here are the facts:

In October, after Secretary Boockvar issued guidance that election officials would no longer reject a ballot based on a failure to verify the voter’s signature, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that election officials did not have to authenticate signatures for absentee and mail-in ballots. This new policy usurped the legislature’s authority and treated mail voters differently than in-person voters because election officials still had to match signatures of in-person voters at polling locations.

Then, two days before the Nov. 3 election, Secretary Boockvar once again violated the state legislature’s authority by issuing new guidance extending the deadline for absentee and mail-in voters to provide missing proof of identification from Nov. 9 to Nov. 12. This directly violated Pennsylvania law, which states that voters must provide missing proof of identification and the county board of election must verify it “prior to the sixth calendar day following the election.”

Additionally, Secretary Boockvar issued last-minute guidance allowing for the uneven administration of the election across counties in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania law holds that counties may only begin processing absentee and mail-in ballots on the morning of the election. However, prior to Election Day, some counties — but not all — began the process of “curing” ballots by notifying voters of deficiencies in their mail ballots and allowing them to either request a replacement or vote provisionally. In an email on the eve of Election Day, Secretary Boockvar provided guidance for notifying voters of rejected ballots, effectively authorizing the curing of mail-in ballots with less than a 24-hours’ notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies