Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2021, 03:32 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I know darn well that the Wall Street elite are going to win this but the blowback against them is delightful to behold. CNN and Fox both writing about it from a similar vein.

The US is not any form of democratic when it comes to money. The US is run by and for billionaires.
who knows - one could hope this would be the peaceful revolution. Certainly about 98% of people would agree on several principles, including:

If the politicians side with the billionaires with open crassness, then we 98% will work together to change the politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 03:45 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Daily trading volume around 100million shares...or 30billion.

This isn't being done by $200 purchasers, there are not enough of those.
it would seem there is fund v fund action going on.

I just wonder if competing funds know the details based on trading info available to them - ie, at least the # of short shares and deadline for redemption for their competitors.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:54 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
They just restricted the number of shares of a pennystock I own that goes for about 96 cents! Went on Robinhood, told you may buy no more.

Who in blazes would care?

Old 01-29-2021, 04:01 PM

2,019 posts, read 3,526,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
They just restricted the number of shares of a pennystock I own that goes for about 96 cents! Went on Robinhood, told you may buy no more.

Who in blazes would care?
Robinhood may be having some big money problems right now.

Old 01-29-2021, 04:34 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
So how might the Biden regime pursue the hedge funds who apparently conspired together, first to take down these companies, and then to take down the reddit day traders that undermined their destructive plan?

Texas AG Ken Paxton is showing them how, as he has issued a Civil Investigation Demand (DID) to 13 companies, including Robinhood, Citadel, Discord, Robinhood Markets, Robinhood Securities, Interactive Brokers, TD Ameritrade, TD Bank, E-Trade, WeBull Financial, Public Holdings, M1 Holdings, Citadel Financial, and Apex Clearing.

Quote:
Texas AG Issues CIDs To Robinhood, Citadel, Others Over "Shocking Coordination" Between Hedge Funds, Trading Platforms To Halt Trading

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton sent out a Civil Investigative Demand to 13 entities, including Robinhood and Citadel, regarding the "suspension of stock trading and investing" requiring higher margin reserves for trading certain companies and suspending chat platform activity. Other names which were also issued CIDs include Discord, Robinhood Markets, Robinhood Securities, Interactive Brokers, TD Ameritrade, TD Bank, E-Trade, WeBull Financial, Public Holdings, M1 Holdings, Citadel Financial, and Apex Clearing.

In addition to public statements and internal documents, the CIDs request copies of all terms of service, policies related to content control and moderation, and communications between platforms and moderators of chat servers, including decisions to limit, control, or prevent access to the Discord r/WallStreetBets server.
“Wall Street corporations cannot limit public access to the free market, nor should they censor discussion surrounding it, particularly for their own benefit. This apparent coordination between hedge funds, trading platforms, and web servers to shut down threats to their market dominance is shockingly unprecedented and wrong. It stinks of corruption,†said Attorney General Paxton. I’m hopeful that these companies will step up and cooperate with these CIDs in order to clear any confusion over why stock purchases were forcibly closed and why even conversation around these stocks was silenced.â€
Read copies of the CID here
I just wanted to post this so that posters here would be able to see an example of someone in government taking steps to hold the establishment elites accountable, in this case the hedge funds, the trading platforms and the cloud server hosting companies.

Because nobody should be holding their breath waiting for anyone in the Biden* DOJ/FBI to instigate any meaningful action against these guys. They are all in the same club, after all. But the little guys, the "populist" day traders, that is of course another story.

Old 01-29-2021, 05:07 PM

1,503 posts, read 608,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So how might the Biden regime pursue the hedge funds who apparently conspired together, first to take down these companies, and then to take down the reddit day traders that undermined their destructive plan?

Texas AG Ken Paxton is showing them how, as he has issued a Civil Investigation Demand (DID) to 13 companies, including Robinhood, Citadel, Discord, Robinhood Markets, Robinhood Securities, Interactive Brokers, TD Ameritrade, TD Bank, E-Trade, WeBull Financial, Public Holdings, M1 Holdings, Citadel Financial, and Apex Clearing.

I just wanted to post this so that posters here would be able to see an example of someone in government taking steps to hold the establishment elites accountable, in this case the hedge funds, the trading platforms and the cloud server hosting companies.

Because nobody should be holding their breath waiting for anyone in the Biden* DOJ/FBI to instigate any meaningful action against these guys. They are all in the same club, after all. But the little guys, the "populist" day traders, that is of course another story.
Expect this AG to be either found guilty is some pedo case, or tax evasion, or "Russian collide", or simply "suicide" for unknown reason, like quite a few before him.

System does not tolerate this kind of exposure.

Old 01-29-2021, 05:21 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
Robinhood may be having some big money problems right now.
I was told no one may own more than 10 shares of this stock, worth around $10. I own about 120 shares of this stock. I saw it on a list of shares that are over-shorted (I think) then went to Robinhood and attempted to buy more. Sure enough, was told I already own more. Over a 96 cent per share stock. Again, who would care?

Old 01-29-2021, 05:24 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
This is one of those cases where Republicans, Libertarians, Liberal Democrats and Progressives (at least those who are not in bed with our stupidly rich overlords) can all agree on something. Any effort to punish the "peasants" who purchased and are holding Gamestop and the rest of the list will be met with all the fury of hell below and heaven above.

I really can't imagine RobinHood winning the class action lawsuit, but it almost doesn't matter. Nobody will ever use their app for any reason ever again. Still, the likely millions of dollars lost by folks who can't buy or were forced to sell is making them look mighty stupid.

Old 01-29-2021, 05:30 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Now, if restricting trading isn't market manipulation, I don't know what is.
And shorting a stock up isn't? That is largely what is happening. People are buying up the stock just to shortsale it. And people are doing this in huge numbers. It is like those that bought into dot.coms because their co-worker and neighbor who knew how the markets worked did. Most people who are doing this are inflating the stock and creating another bubble.

Old 01-29-2021, 05:32 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,641,438 times
LIKE CLOCKWORK mainstream media is blaming this all on "White Supremacy". You know because you CANNOT have a bipartisanship on this! HELL NO! NO UNITY! WHITE SUPREMACY!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies