Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 11:48 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556senditTX View Post
So how would this work? Where will these people be placed and sheltered? In state or Federal facilities?
They'll infest the red counties with the majority of them, particularly the communities who are the least "diverse" (like mine).

They want to force us to take our "medicine" for our so-called "xenophobia".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2021, 12:33 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,810,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yup. Violation of states’ rights. He wants to rule as a dictator, and the SCOTUS needs to protect our republic.
States have no obligation to obey any edict or law coming from this illegitimate government.

Nullify nullify nullify!

If that don’t work there is always secession and red state independence.

The worst thing we can do is obey these leftist usurpers.

Old 02-07-2021, 01:09 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If we didn't live in an open borders clown country, any state or local jurisdiction should be able to make it a criminal offense to be present in their jurisdiction without authorization to be in the country. Then they could round illegals up and bus them back to the federal facility they came from.
Remember, borders are bad, "bridges not borders". Kind of like Hillary's "it takes a village(aka, Foster care ) to raise a child". We all know how good the Foster care system works

Old 02-07-2021, 01:22 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
I must admit I didn't expect Herr Biden to be as rampantly dictatorial as he's turning out. In any case states don't really have to listen to the feds though the feds can withhold funding. South Dakota is not equipped to handle a massive influx of welfare leeches. The liberals want them so bad they can send them to MN and CA.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:47 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I must admit I didn't expect Herr Biden to be as rampantly dictatorial as he's turning out. In any case states don't really have to listen to the feds though the feds can withhold funding. South Dakota is not equipped to handle a massive influx of welfare leeches. The liberals want them so bad they can send them to MN and CA.
Tom Wolf (Democrat Governor of PA) just announced this week he wants to raise our taxes to "benefit the schools". Translation, prepare Pennsylvania schools for a tsunami of these welfare leeches'...errr, I mean "refugees'"...spawn. Who most likely can't read, write, or speak English. So they can contribute to the further decline of our own children's education.

Old 02-07-2021, 10:23 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedtheCat View Post
He was #16 all time in terms of # of EO per year in office. Behind such greats like:
FDR, Truman, JFK, Wilson, Carter, LBJ.. and so far at least, Biden!!

Not exactly hardcore republicans are they?

your post fails on so many levels.
Reagan had more than Carter, Nixon more than LBJ, Eisenhower almost double that of JFK, do you want me to go on? Your post proves nothing.

Old 02-07-2021, 11:30 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Are you denying Trump issued hundreds of EO's and most of Biden's are rescinding many of them?
How many EO's did Biden execute on day one of his term?

Old 02-07-2021, 11:42 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
How many EO's did Biden execute on day one of his term?
Many, I hope, that got rid of the worst of Trump's.

Old 02-07-2021, 12:31 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Many, I hope, that got rid of the worst of Trump's.
How are Biden’s EO’s helping the American people?

Thanks

Old 02-07-2021, 12:48 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,551,421 times
We are signatories of the 1967 Refugee Protocols, which does carry certain obligations with regard to the treatment of refugees. In particular, it includes articles 2 to 34 inclusive of the 1951 United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees.

Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees

These provisions look like they limit the types of special restrictions you can place on refugees. If we expect other states to accept refugees, we should try to follow the same agreement. The other option is to withdraw altogether, which would likely make us look evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies