Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 03:08 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
When sometime becomes great it becomes costly. Ever heard of supply and demand? And most blue people don’t have this obsession with political correlation as much as red people do even tho the correlation shows that most red man territory is poor and on federal welfare.
I know supply and demand, I grew up in California four miles from the beach, average middle class can not afford to buy a home there anymore at least not without help. My son lived there for awhile and paid $1,600 a month for a one bedroom apartment. We own a business, so I’m aware of supply and demand.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:09 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,847,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Because most of the states growing the fastest are red states. BTW, Alabama is among them. Meanwhile, New York, California, Illinois languish toward the very bottom.
Don't you live in some liberal hellhole like Minnesota?

Old 02-07-2021, 03:10 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I’ve had a far lower tax burden in WA state than I’ve had in any red state I’ve lived in.

The blue states are our successful economic powerhouses.

Some people move because they can’t afford to live there anymore...because of all the successful capitalism. Simple supply and demand drives housing prices up because so many people want to live there.
If it is so successful why didn’t they benefit from it enough to stay there?

Old 02-07-2021, 03:10 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,283,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Then Why are they moving to red states? If the blue states are so great why didn’t they just stay there?
well at least they are moving to the blue parts of the red states

it is a plan by XONAN to take over!

Old 02-07-2021, 03:11 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
Quote:
When sometime becomes great it becomes costly. Ever heard of supply and demand? And most blue people don’t have this obsession with political correlation as much as red people do even tho the correlation shows that most red man territory is poor and on federal welfare.
Yep, I love small Republican cities lots and lots of supply and very little demand. Uncrowded stores, don't have to be around nasty, dirty, rude people all day and every day.

I think lots and lots of supply and very little demand is wonderful myself.

Thanks to high-speed internet, a vast majority of non-goods related employment can be done anywhere in the world.

What is appealing about being in COVID-19 petri-dish big cities that have skyrocketing issues with crime, rampant drug use because people are stressed, massive unemployment.

How many on welfare and resided in public housing in Brooklyn? How many poor, single mothers have children they couldn't afford in Brooklyn?

One couldn't pay me to be subjected to the culture of Brooklyn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn_2SeCqf5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXqzKR74jJ8

Old 02-07-2021, 03:14 PM

2,448 posts, read 894,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Don't you live in some liberal hellhole like Minnesota?
No, I live next door in the increasingly red Wisconsin.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:16 PM

2,448 posts, read 894,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Yep, I love small Republican cities lots and lots of supply and very little demand. Uncrowded stores, don't have to be around nasty, dirty, rude people all day and every day.

I think lots and lots of supply and very little demand is wonderful myself.

Thanks to high-speed internet, a vast majority of non-goods related employment can be done anywhere in the world.

What is appealing about being in COVID-19 petri-dish big cities that have skyrocketing issues with crime, rampant drug use because people are stressed, massive unemployment.

How many on welfare and resided in public housing in Brooklyn? How many poor, single mothers have children they couldn't afford in Brooklyn?

One couldn't pay me to be subjected to the culture of Brooklyn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn_2SeCqf5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXqzKR74jJ8
Humorously, the cities and places that most closely resemble feudal society are these blue city dystopias.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:16 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
If it is so successful why didn’t they benefit from it enough to stay there?
Are you asking why they are not actually communist and not everyone benefits equally?

The big successful cities are the crucibles of capitalism. There are winners and losers. Someone with more passion, drive, and ability could come along and effectively take your place in the local economy.

You either compete, move, or end up on the street.

This is not because of anything “left” in nature. Pure economic forces. And ironically what rural red America claims to love...while getting more from the feds than blue states and having higher percentages of kids qualifying for free lunches and other sad measures.

Last edited by notnamed; 02-07-2021 at 03:27 PM..

Old 02-07-2021, 03:17 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Cut it out. Post a list of the fastest growing metros in all red states and I guarantee you they are all vastly blue areas lol.
And why would they do that if red states are so bad - that is your thread title after all? Makes no sense whatsoever if they think of "red people" like you do. Your whole thread postulation is a classic bridge dweller move.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:21 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,847,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
No, I live next door in the increasingly red Wisconsin.
But WI is currently a liberal hellhole, no? And you live in a city, I'm guessing. Madison, perhaps?

Maybe you should move to Alabama is or Arkansas. Or to TN. I believe you're a teacher(?). These states desperately need better schools and teachers. I know, because I live here. Mind you, you'd have to accept a MUCH lower salary than what you're probably used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies