Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 03:34 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,405,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Not a single question mark in his post.
Yes there was. Read more of his post. Thanks. Literally the first post on this page is answering a post he ended with a ?

Old 02-07-2021, 03:35 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,405,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Are you inciting or advocating violence?
??

Old 02-07-2021, 03:36 PM

2,448 posts, read 895,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
You'll fit right in here in TN, boy! Come on down!
1. Your state is way too dirty. Drive your highways and just observe the trash. Everywhere.
2. I can't stand heat and humidity.
3. I will only where there are four seasons, and winter may be my favorite one. As in snow. The plan is to move north, not south, as I move closer to my expiration date.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:36 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
??
What do you mean by "take on"?

Old 02-07-2021, 03:37 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,868,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Are you asking why they are not actually communist and not everyone benefits equally?

The big successful cities are the crucibles of capitalism. There are winners and losers. Someone with more passion, drive, and ability could come along and effectively take your place in the local economy.

You either compete, move, or end up on the street.

This is not because of anything “left” in nature. Pure economic forces. And ironically what rural red America claims to love...while getting more from the feds than blue states and having higher percentages of kids qualifying for free lunches and other sad measures.
Passion, drive and ability for what? This weird 2021 NYC economy that is based on analysists, consultants, lawyers, hustlers, scam-artists, high taxes, professors indoctrinating narcissism and hospitals many of which are overwhelmed and low-quality.

It's 2021 the vast majority of jobs in big cities can be done from anywhere in the world. Thanks to the internet a mast majority of the jobs in NYC can be done in the artic.

A large percentage of jobs in smaller populated Republican areas revolve around commodities which are dependent on that area.

Not everyone is trying to live their lives like a vast majority of those in liberal cities do which is to scam and hustler during their time on this planet.

I love how NYC and many of large American cities are majority leftist hustler and those with narcississtic tendencies. Looks like the liberalism and selfishness of NYC has served them well during COVID-19.

I would end up on the street in New York City but that isn't an issue because I would never want to be reside in an overwhelmed city where I have to see rude, unattractive, mean, narcissists each and every day.

Luckily, in Republican small cities and towns people are just content. They are just trying to live their life in a dignified, non-stressed out matter without all the nasty elements of society day and day.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Yes there was. Read more of his post. Thanks. Literally the first post on this page is answering a post he ended with a ?
Sharp as a tack.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:38 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,847,652 times
Quote:
If you'll focus your mental faculties for a minute, you will see a list in the second link, something I explicitly cited in the post, that list the top five and bottom five largest cities for economic growth. I then asked if you might see a pattern. I believe the bottom five were St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, and Cleveland. Whaddya think?
And among the most prosperous, thriving cities with some of the healthiest populations in North America are Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and Calgary. All extremely liberal. Whaddya think?

Hint: liberalism isn't the problem.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
And among the most prosperous, thriving cities with some of the healthiest populations in North America are Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and Calgary. All extremely liberal. Whaddya think?

Hint: liberalism isn't the problem.
Where did I argue that the primary variable is liberalism?

Memphis, St. Louis, Detroit, Cleveland, Baltimore.

California, New York, Illinois. Contrasted with Minnesota, Oregon, Washington, Vermont.

Care to take the proverbial stab?

Old 02-07-2021, 03:45 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,847,652 times
Quote:
1. Your state is way too dirty. Drive your highways and just observe the trash. Everywhere.
2. I can't stand heat and humidity.
3. I will only where there are four seasons, and winter may be my favorite one. As in snow. The plan is to move north, not south, as I move closer to my expiration date.
Well, first, it's not [my] state. I'm a northern transplant.

Second, I couldn't agree more with your point #1. They think nothing of throwing trash anywhere they want to. In fact, in the suburb of Nashville I live in, I have to pay for trash pickup. Yes, you heard that right. And they barely recycle. In fact, I'm convinced they don't know what recycling is.

Why do you think you don't see as much of that in a state like Wisconsin?

Old 02-07-2021, 03:46 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,267,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Passion, drive and ability for what? This weird 2021 NYC economy that is based on analysists, consultants, lawyers, hustlers, scam-artists, high taxes, professors indoctrinating narcissism and hospitals many of which are overwhelmed and low-quality.

Not everyone is trying to live their lives like a vast majority of those in liberal cities do which is to scam and hustler during their time on this planet.

I love how NYC and many of large American cities are majority leftist hustler and those with narcississtic tendencies. Looks like the liberalism and selfishness of NYC has served them well during COVID-19.

I would end up on the street in New York City but that isn't an issue because I would never want to be reside in an overwhelmed city where I have to see rude, unattractive, mean, narcissists each and every day.

Luckily, in Republican small cities and towns people are just content. They are just trying to live their life in a dignified, non-stressed out matter without all the nasty elements of society day and day.
Yeah, there’s nothing wrong with choosing a less stressful life.

Just know that the root of what you are criticizing about cities is capitalism. Desirability is high, available space is low. Competition goes up. Winners keep on winning and losers get the scraps. The “left” policies that arise are good intentioned attempts to mitigate that, not the cause of it.

Meanwhile the farms/commodities in rural areas have been bought up by big corporations headquartered elsewhere. Bill Gates is now the person who owns the most farmland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies