Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 07:06 AM

35,709 posts, read 21,070,199 times

Advertisements

Why do we need so many guns. ? Trump home base? DiSantis taking up the baton? We have to increase the budget for concealed weapons apps. What’s up ?

Gun sales are surging in Florida

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...media=AMP+HTML
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 07:08 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,239,391 times
No gun sales have been high for a decade now. Our Concealed weapons program is like every other program in Florida old, slow, underfunded, and no plan to update it. People that move here also add to that system which I think is what is driving it over the past year or so.

Typical Florida stuff.

There is a big spike in Concealed permits in black communities, been a recent change since 2020. Its reflected at gun ranges where I was 1 of few, now it's way more common.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:08 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,481,808 times
I just want a cuban sandwich

Old 02-18-2021, 07:36 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Gun sales are surging EVERWHERE. Stolen elections have consequences.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:38 AM

4,507 posts, read 4,047,324 times
Pretty sure all the country gets the communist MSM. So wouldn't the whole country be exposed to what would make them "right wing extremists"?

Old 02-18-2021, 07:49 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,239,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
No gun sales have been high for a decade now. Our Concealed weapons program is like every other program in Florida old, slow, underfunded, and no plan to update it. People that move here also add to that system which I think is what is driving it over the past year or so.

Typical Florida stuff.

There is a big spike in Concealed permits in black communities, been a recent change since 2020. Its reflected at gun ranges where I was 1 of few, now it's way more common.
It took nearly five months for my wife and me to receive our concealed weapons permit. We completed the applications at the neighborhood tax collector office (convenient) and they scanned over the training certificates to the Department of Ag and Consumer Services in Tallahassee (I believe).

They kicked both back because the certificate "did not display the applicant's name". This was clearly not the case on the originals but I assumed the scan from the satellite office to the main office may have been the culprit.

I called, and called, called, and called some more before I reached an actual person. She verified the original scans contained legible names and signatures. She had no idea "what the hell" the issue was. I faxed over high-quality copies of the originals. And waited, waited, and waited some more.

No updates were posted on the online tracker for over three months. I called many times only for an automated voice to tell me to "call back later". I would jump on the chat window early in the morning and strangely, I was always "number 84" in line. I left it up all day and never reached a human.

Until one day I did. About 10 days later, we received our CCW permits.

Nikki Fried runs the Department of Ag and Consumer Services. Slow-walking concealed weapons permits is squarely on her.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:51 AM

9,144 posts, read 6,196,866 times
Default New Residents May be fueling record gun sales?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Why do we need so many guns. ? Trump home base? DiSantis taking up the baton? We have to increase the budget for concealed weapons apps. What’s up ?

Maybe it's the new people moving to Florida from the midwest and northeast attracted by the spirit in Florida. Many Floridians already have their guns. It's must be the new folks.

"Florida last year had the most people in the U.S. move in from other states. It has New York to thank.

New York contributed the most to Florida’s inflow of people, with 63,722 people moving from the Empire State to the Sunshine State in 2017, the U.S. Census Bureau said Monday."

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...te/3616563002/

And since the pandemic ????

"Roughly 950 people move to Florida every day and the state has seen 'unprecedented demand' and an uptick in luxury home sales as people in northern states flee large cities amid the pandemic for more space and sunnier shores."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pandemic.html

Old 02-18-2021, 07:53 AM

761 posts, read 316,683 times
Florida is now going to be bashed because it’s a solid red state?

As I’ve said before — Trump sealing up Florida is what makes him so scary to democrats.

Trump or Trump endorsed candidates have multiple pathways to victory with the “red wall” of Ohio, Florida and Iowa being locked for Trump.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:05 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
I live in CA and gun and ammunition stores are out of stock since March of last year. I’ve never seen anything like this including after the tragic school shooting at Newtown in 2012.

So no, it’s not just FL

Old 02-18-2021, 08:08 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post

Maybe people of all races and political persuasions are just nervous about cities letting people riot and loot, surges in violence and calls to defund police?

Logically, most serious gun types already had those permits. So whom are the new people?

Also, a number of new license seekers are going to *gasp* be liberals and so forth. They're just not going to tell people. Especially not in the current puritanical phase of the far left slapping scarlett letters around like a pack of right wing church ladies for wrong think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies