Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 02:03 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times

Advertisements

This is just a whitewash. Nothing justifies what happened that day. May Officer Sicknick RIP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2021, 02:11 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
This is just a whitewash. Nothing justifies what happened that day. May Officer Sicknick RIP.
Are you trying to be funny? Did you mean white-lash?

Old 02-23-2021, 02:18 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
The leading Democrats and their Public Relations firms (WAPO, NPR, CNN, etc.) played up the NYT fire extinguisher hoax - and deliberately ignored accurate reports regarding his death - in order to put Trump's supporters in the worse possible light. Playing it up included, but was not limited to, insisting on a very rare 'lying in honor' of the remains of Police Officer Sicknick by alleging he was murdered by Trump-supporting 'insurrectionists' .

Now that the Officer Sicknick has been publicly honored as a hero who died in combat with the 'insurrectionists', Officer Sicknick's remains have received an "exception to policy" to buried in Arlington as part of 'special recognition and honors', and the impeachment of Donald Trump is over the media has finally backed off its lurid and evidence-free murder claims. The sole source of the fire extinguisher hoax (NYT) has quietly backed away from its own reporting...one would imagine it has now lost the support of those who once saw it as credible.

Of course this also means (rather inconveniently for the hoaxsters) that not only did Trump's supporters have no firearms at the Capitol Building, they didn't kill anyone. Ironically, the only person killed that day was an unarmed female Trump supporter who was shot - in the only shot fired that day - by a Capitol Police officer. Kind of destroys the fake news regarding an armed insurrection, murderous MAGA mob, etc.

"put Trump's supporters in the worse possible light."

Yes it's all the Democrats doing.

Poor innocent Trump supporters.

Did you actually watch the Capitol being stormed?

For goodness sake WAKE UP. Trump is GONE.

Old 02-23-2021, 02:20 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I remember when blue lives mattered to Trumpies.

Over 140 cops were injured that day. They suffered concussions and loss of fingers. Several were hospitalized. In all probability Sicknick would be alive if not for the violent insurrectionists.
I remember when lefties hated the police.

Here, the only death by violence was by a police officer.

But for some reason, lefties did not even condemn police actions. Not only that, they brought in more forces to use for their protection. No calls for defunding the Capitol police. However, there are calls to defund police for protecting citizens.

Old 02-23-2021, 02:25 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I don't think anyone is devaluing cops, just pointing out the media ran with BS despite the evidence and were slow to be honest.

The media BSed for political gain. That is propaganda.
When you label " non violent" an event where dozens of cops were injured, some seriously, you don't really care much for cops

Old 02-23-2021, 02:27 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Today PolitiFact - who forgot to fact-check the hoax until yesterday - admitted there was no killing of a policeman at the capital and admitted the New York Times fire extinguisher bashing story was pure fiction.

I guess the New York Times and PolitiFact will no longer be deemed credible by the far left after this debacle.
Per the bolded --- One can only hope but don't hold your breath.

When I pointed out in a thread last month that there was no proof regarding the fire extinguisher story, I got a lot of flak from those on the left. And, no, I don't expect any of them to show up in this thread and admit that they were wrong.

Old 02-23-2021, 02:28 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

But for some reason, lefties did not even condemn police actions. Not only that, they brought in more forces to use for their protection. No calls for defunding the Capitol police. However, there are calls to defund police for protecting citizens.
I'm not a lefty. I'm basically a Goldwater Republican, too bad I'm the only one left. Limited government and fiscal responsibility and respect for law and order used to be conservative values.

Now go back to defending the indefensible because lefties do it too.

Of course y'all also labeling a cop a murderer who was simply doing his job.

Blue lives only matter when they are killing black people?

Old 02-23-2021, 02:29 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

The left is shameless like that. They will flip flop in a heartbeat if it benefits them, regardless how silly it makes them look. Their hypocrisy is stunning to normal people. We witness it every day. I would be embarrassed to be a democrat.

Old 02-23-2021, 02:32 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
When you label " non violent" an event where dozens of cops were injured, some seriously, you don't really care much for cops
You just proved the point of the thread.

Leftist riots killed dozens, injured thousands, injured over 2,000 cops, did billions in damage, was dictionary definition insurrection in multiple cases and the mainstream propaganda media would call it peaceful or mostly peaceful while they stood in front of burning apartments and shame those who thought it violent.

Old 02-23-2021, 02:42 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
I'll follow the evidence:
Fact: weapons were carried into the capitol by adults protestors.
Fact: destruction of property is evident.
Fact: not a peace filled group of adults.
Fact: lives were lost.
Fact: laptop was stolen.
Fact: politicians had to be sequestered to secured areas.
Fact: Many liars held a rally prior to the breech of the capitol . Encouraging the Mass's to stop a constitutional process being held. The electoral verification.
Fact: The former president was negligent in securing a federal building and it's constituents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies