Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 12:49 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I thought if the liberals had their way, there would be no police response at all since police should be defunded. They would have sent a bunch of social workers to tell the rioters that "it's not nice" and that their actions "hurt people's feelings".

No, you didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 12:49 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Funny how factual reporting on police behavior is always viewed as "demonize" and those who views lean right continue to downplay the Attack on the Capital as just a bunch of overzealous patriots acting on their own...

Because we know "true conservative" would never do anything like that...
Trumpies are mainly white identity fanatics. They don't have any conservative economic principles. They sit silent as the government runs massive debts. They only support police when they're killing blacks as evidenced by this thread. Leaning on a man's neck for eight to ten minutes justifiable, killing a member of a mob threatening to kill our VP, murder. It would be funny if it wasn't so damn sad.

Old 02-24-2021, 01:00 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
She happened to be in a crowd of people shouting hang Mike Pence and invading the Capitol.
so now she's responsible for the actions of others? that's mind-numbingly stupid.

Old 02-24-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so now she's responsible for the actions of others? that's mind-numbingly stupid.
Only thing numbingly stupid is that reply. She was engaging in criminal activity with others. No different than a home invasion with multiple perpetrators.

This really ain't that complicated. I'm taking the conservative stance here. You are the bleeding heart liberal crying over a cop killing a criminal while engaging in crime. Of course ya one of the white identity Trumpies I spoke of earlier. Principles don't matter.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:12 PM

5,057 posts, read 3,959,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
The plastic cuffs seem to have been taken off of other police during the riot(which is crime stealing law enforcement equipment). They didn't want the cuffs used on them so they took them. No right but not exactly part of pre planned plot either

https://www.insider.com/zip-tie-guy-...ecutors-2021-1

Yes being a public official leads to death threats, hate mail etc. Not right and should be prosecuted. And they have during the last administration.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/prose...113025135.html

Perhaps any capitol officer should have the right to lie in state at the capitol rotunda regardless of cause of death. The guy was law enforcement and served in the US military. But 'this' was done to reinforce a narrative. How many other deceased capitol police officers had visits or were paid respects by federal politicians past or present.
The whole ‘lying in state’ spectacle in support of a lie was somewhere between ghoulish and grossly inappropriate.

The fact Trump supporters killed nobody -and in fact had no guns in the Capitol- really meant the libs had to lie and exaggerate to sustain their propaganda. Thus the Sicknick lie.

Of course the current president did his best to spread the (now-discredited lie): In President Joe Biden’s statement on the impeachment vote, the White House falsely claimed that Sicknick lost “his life while protecting the Capitol from a violent, riotous mob on January 6, 2021.â€

In fact the truth is the only person killed that day was an unarmed and quite small female Trump supporter (by a Capitol Policeman who was never at risk).

No wonder the Left had to invent the fire extinguisher hoax. After all, there was an impeachment to win and loads of barriers to erect in DC.

The reality illuminates and eviscerates their subsequent faux fear.

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 02-24-2021 at 03:26 PM..

Old 02-24-2021, 03:45 PM

1,928 posts, read 558,633 times
Quote:
Someone tries to break into my house I'm assuming they are out to harm me and my family. Even most liberal states believe in the castle doctrine. Of course ya so damn liberal ya think the cops have to assume everyone just harmless wandering tourists until someone gets hurt.
Lol. That's the first time I've ever been accused of being a liberal.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Lol. That's the first time I've ever been accused of being a liberal.
You are taking a liberal stance here just because it serves white identity politics.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Really, the cops are supposed to assume everyone will do no harm. They're just there to take selfies lol.
Apparently, that's why during last summer they were ordered to stand down. Apparently that's why prosecutors threw out cases and refused to prosecute those arrested. Apparently that's why liberal cities voted to defund the police. Want me to go on?
Quote:
When a cop sees someone engaging in criminal acts it's his job to stop it.
Whoa! Not according to those described above. Make up your mind.
Quote:

Bisexual Babbitt was a criminal. Video evidence shows her engaging in criminal activity at the moment she was shot.

Trayvon Martin case:

Me: most likely justifiable homicide he was getting the crap beat out of him it doesn't matter Trayvon was unarmed.

Conservatives, nearly unanimously: Agree

Michael Brown case:

The guy weighed 300 pounds it doesn't matter he wasn't armed.

Conservatives: Agree

Bisexual Babbitt case:

Me: She was part of a mob it doesn't matter she was unarmed.

Trumpies: she was unarmed!! (Translation: she was one of us, not them)
Unlike your other examples, she was not in a physical confrontation with anyone. Someone using drugs is engaged "in criminal activity". Lets just shoot them all.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:15 PM

Quote:
She happened to be in a crowd of people shouting hang Mike Pence and invading the Capitol.
You actually think these people were there to hang Pence? Really?, or is that just to embolden your argument? "But they had constructed a gallows" Yeah, as a prop, not unlike the flaming effigies of Trump, Obama and Bush. The 'gallows' would fall over if you leaned against it.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
You are taking a liberal stance here just because it serves white identity politics.
Funny, I could have sworn the liberal stance was to handcuff police by rewriting all the procedural and funding laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies