Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2021, 06:39 PM

1,881 posts, read 652,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Oh please, cut the b.s. You probably voted for Bubba, Barrack and Joe and you talk about amorality? Thanks for the laugh. What you should demand for are the internal secret memos for the Iraq war and other illegal wars and war crimes and follow the money that a million people died min. or the secret memos about the massive illegal spying under Obama which many heads lied under oath or the drone strike kill list that Obama had personally, or the deals he made with Wall Street for the bailout that NOBODY went to jail after that debacle but he got mad donations and access or the secret memos on the mass black incarceration that Biden is the grandfather of and a few people got richer like him.

Commit murder? you voted for a war criminal that is sitting in the W.H. and since 1973 has voted and supported all the foreign debacles that has caused a min. of 1 million deaths. I like to stick with actual facts not wishful thinking like you.

You actually believe? yeah, that's how we prosecute people.
This has nothing to do with Trump's promise to release his tax returns. We are fully capable of taking each person and his/her issues separate from the others.

Old 11-06-2021, 06:39 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Trump should have said he is not releasing them and that is that. But politicians lie. That is what they are best at. He was never going to release them.
Yep.

I’d guess his motivation in making a promise he didn’t intend to keep was making an uncomfortable question go away…at least at any particular event/in that real time.

Trump obviously doesn’t like being made to feel uncomfortable.

Old 11-06-2021, 06:41 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
Sure...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/u...ump-taxes.html
“If I decide to run for office, I’ll produce my tax returns, absolutely,” he said during a visit to Ireland, where he promoted his golf club in Doonbeg. “And I would love to do that.”
Or do you insist on having the word 'promise'?
Well look, a pay wall.

But yes, you and you leftist buddies play words all the time. So I want to see where the word "promise" is.

You may think it's dumb to insist this, but again, playing the leftist game, does that bother you?

Old 11-06-2021, 06:55 PM

13,471 posts, read 4,304,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Trump obviously doesn’t like being made to feel uncomfortable.

Who does? I'm sure Corn Pops in Chief is real honest and open with the media. I forgot, what media?

Old 11-06-2021, 07:03 PM

1,881 posts, read 652,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
Trump broke a promise? Sounds about like every politician that ever ran for any office. Come on I detest the man, but you need to do better than , but, but he promised.
But do we not assess every politician on their characters?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/u...ump-taxes.html
“If I decide to run for office, I’ll produce my tax returns, absolutely,” he said during a visit to Ireland, where he promoted his golf club in Doonbeg. “And I would love to do that.”
We want politicians to somehow be 'relatable' to the hoi polloi, right?

Bill Clinton: I 'feel' your pain.

Back in 1988, Michael Dukakis tank ride was an attempt to 'connect' to the military. I was active duty and when I saw that clip, I was too shocked to even laugh.

For Donald Trump who lived a privileged life, when asked if he had made any sacrifices comparable to military members, Trump said with a straight face that his buildings were efforts at making sacrifices.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dona...ry?id=41015051
Pressed by Stephanopoulos to identify the sacrifices he made for his country, Trump said, "I think I've made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard. I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures. I've had tremendous success. I think I've done a lot."
Cadet Bonespur tried to relate to the common folks and failed.

We do not assess politicians based solely on their policies. We demand characters even though in our cynicism, we know better than to make such demands.

In the case of Trump, he can produce nothing to show his commonality to us regular folks, except that we and him are symmetrical bipedaled landlubbing mammals. So when Trump encountered the tax return issue, he blurted out what is expected knowing that he will never keep his promise.

Old 11-06-2021, 07:25 PM

8,051 posts, read 10,644,292 times
I haven't given Trump much thought since he has been out of office.

And I voted for him twice. For whatever the reasons, the reality we have now is that he is no longer the President and has no control over anything anymore.

I've moved on. What about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies