Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 12:10 PM

38,065 posts, read 22,226,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4J5TI_CzrY

Wow, basically street after street lined with feet of trash.

The city of Los Angeles has let the trash pile up in many areas without a clean-up since 2018 and 2019.
"To be honest, I think we can do a better job..." no kidding, Tony?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 12:15 PM

8,543 posts, read 4,785,793 times
I was last there about a year ago - not long before the pandemic. I didn’t see anything resembling this, just the normal LA/big city messiness.

They note that a lot of this has ramped up during the pandemic - related to homelessness I guess? I noticed several of the sites pictured had tents or makeshift shelter.

Old 02-27-2021, 12:33 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,652,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I was last there about a year ago - not long before the pandemic. I didn’t see anything resembling this, just the normal LA/big city messiness.

They note that a lot of this has ramped up during the pandemic - related to homelessness I guess? I noticed several of the sites pictured had tents or makeshift shelter.
I work out there, and aside from skid row, you see the occasional tent city, even in the suburbs. Police do clean them up. Saw one getting cleaned out by CHP and Caltrans in San Diego yesterday

Old 02-27-2021, 12:54 PM

19,718 posts, read 12,289,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I work out there, and aside from skid row, you see the occasional tent city, even in the suburbs. Police do clean them up. Saw one getting cleaned out by CHP and Caltrans in San Diego yesterday
When they try to kick them out sjws make a big stink. Police can't keep up with the encampments, and moving the problem around doesn't solve it, they just pop up somewhere else. They bring crime, vermin and squalor where they go. Someone had to get murdered at one tent camp in my city before they came in and cleaned it out. They were all offered assistance and a bed in shelters and only a couple took it. They moved to an area even closer to residences and businesses.

Old 02-27-2021, 01:55 PM

4,492 posts, read 3,941,743 times
I travel all around the county every day for my work. With the exception of independent cities like Burbank, Beverly Hills, Culver City, etc, the homeless and trash are EVERYWHERE. I blame Eric Garcetti and the dems.

Old 02-27-2021, 03:39 PM

11,298 posts, read 11,064,633 times
Even if the city provided a large dumpster or two at every large encampment area, it wouldn't fix the issue. The homeless would still dump all their trash wherever. They bring nothing but drugs, disease, and filth wherever they go/are. Just driving down the 110 freeway last September I remember almost every bridge that went over the freeway was lined with wall to wall tents. It is utterly disgusting what the city has become. Lived there for the first half of my life and am sad to see the shape it's in now, with no hope for the future under democrat rule.

Old 02-27-2021, 04:04 PM

1,445 posts, read 675,879 times
This is unbelievable. I would make it my mission in life to load up the garbage and dump at the steps of city hall.
There is NO excuse that is acceptable for that nightmare. What a bunch of slobs.

Old 02-27-2021, 04:11 PM

1,445 posts, read 675,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizm View Post
Humans are garbage. We're a pretty sh-i-tty species.
There are humans all over the country, no world that would not tolerate this disgusting mess.
This takes a special type of human and apparently they are the majority here. ICK.

Old 02-27-2021, 04:19 PM

25,940 posts, read 18,937,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizm View Post
Humans are garbage. We're a pretty sh-i-tty species.
So I'm assuming that wherever your front yard is, it is piled high with toxic, disease-laden, vermin-infested refuse? You can speak for yourself, because when I look out my window, I see nothing like that. Some people have enough pride to practice a bit of hygiene; that you evidently don't, does not give you cause or right to project your deplorable condition onto everyone else.

Old 02-27-2021, 04:26 PM

9,937 posts, read 4,697,550 times
Broken window syndrome. This battle or issue was lost before the virus. This is why the small stuff matters including enforcement of anti littering and dumping laws. That's not all homeless people as noted many are avoiding their responsibility of paying for their bulk trash disposal ie sofas, furniture, tires etc.

But what puzzles me if one can afford a pick up truck to take and dump a used sofa you mean to tell me they couldn't pay a bulk trash disposal fee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies