Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 10:46 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,525,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ok let's be fair here. LA has always had large parts that were bad news. Big cities tend to have that and that is why people like me dont live in them.

Do what I do and avoid LA. You get what you accept and they accept what they have. Let them dwell in their own squalor.
It’s gotten a lot worse over the past several years. Homeless camps and tent cities popping up by Venice beach. And this was before Covid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 10:52 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,623,084 times
Haven't see that in San Diego.

Yet.

Old 02-25-2021, 11:04 PM

1,743 posts, read 960,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh? whats my ideology? lol.
You tell me. LOL

Every time there is a thread pointing out the failures of contemporary progressivism, you jump in to defend, deflect, and deny those failures.

Old 02-25-2021, 11:23 PM

5,862 posts, read 3,302,153 times
Who cares? The liberals want this. Let them choke on what they created.

Old 02-25-2021, 11:53 PM

11,512 posts, read 6,027,599 times
We are becoming Calcutta.

Never in a million years did I think America would devolve societally in the current manner, and certainly not in a mere 30 years. There were virtually no homeless in 1990. Certainly there was almost no visible trash piles as depicted in the video.

We are unraveling. I see no reason why it won't accelerate under the current political leadership, meaning "the lack thereof".

Cretins.

Last edited by Igor Blevin; 02-26-2021 at 12:06 AM..

Old 02-27-2021, 09:37 AM

43,691 posts, read 44,435,568 times
LA's Biggest Garbage Dump Is Now Its Famous Freeways:
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/invest...trans/2533250/

Old 02-27-2021, 09:44 AM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
LA's Biggest Garbage Dump Is Now Its Famous Freeways:
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/invest...trans/2533250/
The tagline under the title...

The NBC4 I-Team has been documenting increasing mountains of trash on the 101, 10, and 170 freeways for two years.

They have been documenting this for two years.

The city government, which has been getting paid the whole time, have done nothing for two years.

When left to themselves, this is the fruit of Democrat rule. Throw in Portland and Seattle. They are concerned about themselves and their world only. Everyone else gets the finger.

Old 02-27-2021, 10:08 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Maybe with all the illegal aliens that are coming in LA can put them to work at $15 per hour picking up all that trash?

It is clear that Americans don't want to do it?

Here is a better idea to combat the littering program. Why not pay the people not to litter? They pay criminals in Richmond CA. a suburb of San Fran up to $1000 per month not to commit crimes so why not pay people not to litter?

https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/19/healt...nia/index.html

Who knew that crime pays?

Old 02-27-2021, 10:11 AM

11,512 posts, read 6,027,599 times
Calcutta, California.

Oaxaca, California.

Old 02-27-2021, 10:35 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,403,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Is that what you did taking a early retirement maybe to Southeast Asia... let them other masses live in their squalor and you live in your..... island of haves?

Just generally, 1962 could be birth year? I am a couple years older if the case... I now some who retired to like a Filipino Island or Thailand tropical area ..... $$$ goes far yet lots of slums in cities and rural areas etc.... you just sort of look the other way?

Maybe that is what you are saying... got money just go to where you can avoid it..... then Faghetaboutit and play American politics from outside the US..... maybe?
You don’t avoid squalor by going to places like Thailand. i lived in SE. Asia for more than a decade. The type of expat over there is usually liberal if retired. They lament that the USA isn’t more squalid like Thailand. They would wish San Diego would become more like a Pattaya. Where everything is dirty and broken down, people make very little money, there are soi dogs running wild, women beg on the streets with their babies, young boys and girls can be bought out of a gogo bar.

They ignore many unpleasant things in these places simply because they can rent a room for $200 and a girl for $20 and get a small bowl of rice and grizzle for $1 on the street. Those type of people would wish such filth existed in the USA and prices were lower.

Usually they live a life of below average quality because you can get local goods cheaply. Try living any sort of lifestyle over there like we have here and it is actually more expensive.

The pics of LA are mild compared to Manila or Jakarta. Maybe one day if LA is bad enough you could get a place near the beach for $200 in Venice, a beer for $1 and a brown person to make them fish tacos for the same. They would even learn the phrase, “can i get a discount on a taco?” in Spanish. They probably wouldn’t understand the reply.

That’s the dream and from the looks of it they are doing their best.

I came back from living overseas to escape lawlessness and filth like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies