Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 09:06 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,392,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
It isn’t pleasant when reality contradicts your ideology, is it?
Oh? whats my ideology? lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 09:23 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,889,416 times
Ok let's be fair here. LA has always had large parts that were bad news. Big cities tend to have that and that is why people like me dont live in them.

Do what I do and avoid LA. You get what you accept and they accept what they have. Let them dwell in their own squalor.

Old 02-25-2021, 09:34 PM

1,803 posts, read 938,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ok let's be fair here. LA has always had large parts that were bad news. Big cities tend to have that and that is why people like me dont live in them.

Do what I do and avoid LA. You get what you accept and they accept what they have. Let them dwell in their own squalor.
Is that what you did taking a early retirement maybe to Southeast Asia... let them other masses live in their squalor and you live in your..... island of haves?

Just generally, 1962 could be birth year? I am a couple years older if the case... I now some who retired to like a Filipino Island or Thailand tropical area ..... $$$ goes far yet lots of slums in cities and rural areas etc.... you just sort of look the other way?

Maybe that is what you are saying... got money just go to where you can avoid it..... then Faghetaboutit and play American politics from outside the US..... maybe?

Old 02-25-2021, 09:42 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,994,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
One thing Democrats hate is the truth.

They must be happy with their city and Govt.
They're so happy that they flee to neighboring states and destroy them just like the black hole they fled from.

I loathe anytime I see California plates.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:00 PM

6,139 posts, read 3,362,970 times
I’m not really sure what California is trying to do. Is this all being done on purpose? It sure seems possible.

But to what end? I get it that the state is overcrowded and the infrastructure is designed to support 20 million, not 40 million. So it stands to reason that they may be trying to force people to move and then they will step in and clean it all up.

But for someone who is my age, 50’s, it’s so bizarre how our country, which used to be so much better, is really a disaster in many parts of the country.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:03 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,300,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Is that what you did taking a early retirement maybe to Southeast Asia... let them other masses live in their squalor and you live in your..... island of haves?

Just generally, 1962 could be birth year? I am a couple years older if the case... I now some who retired to like a Filipino Island or Thailand tropical area ..... $$$ goes far yet lots of slums in cities and rural areas etc.... you just sort of look the other way?

Maybe that is what you are saying... got money just go to where you can avoid it..... then Faghetaboutit and play American politics from outside the US..... maybe?
Lefties are all for forced integration and section 8 until it gets into their gated communities. Out of sight, out of mind... Just like they whine about carbon emissions while they use their private jets. Do as I say, not as I do.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:08 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,392,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Lefties are all for forced integration and section 8 until it gets into their gated communities. Out of sight, out of mind... Just like they whine about carbon emissions while they use their private jets. Do as I say, not as I do.
I dont know how to break this to you, but not many lefties own a private jet. In fact not many people do...period. Its good to point it out when a individual does that stuff, but its not really appropriate to then grab that brush and slap it all over everyone around.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:21 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,970,243 times
Its like Napoli Italy, but instead of Homeless, they have the Camorra.

And the Camorra is filthy rich, and really lives up to that saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oox4aj5wMPk

Old 02-25-2021, 10:24 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,970,243 times
I hope the rest of Los Angeles County is not like Los Angeles City.

Actually last time I there like 2 years ago, it was not this bad. I even went to Skid Row, I think. Chinatown which is nearby has no homeless that I saw. SGV did not either. I did not see any in Central OC too.

I hope the South Bay towns are safe from this.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:39 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,994,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeradeMcSmoothBum View Post
I hope you see 20 of them tomorrow. And California dreaming is on the radio everyday.
California actually was a dream when that song was made . It still has a chance . Now the state is so broke that they are trying to tax people after they leave the black hole . What a joke !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies