Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 12:08 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's a major reason why I could never be so wrong and stupid enough to register as a Republican. But I'll at least give Oklahoma Republican legislators credit for not gutting or throwing out Oklahoma voters decision to vote YES for the most liberal legal medical marijuana program in the country.
it was the liberals (democrats) that made it illegal in 1937
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 12:33 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Ah, the ole "the thing you just starting advocating for recently, and are now judging me for not agreeing with you?"

Democrats have historically been opposed to MJ legalization, you will even see at the federal level, despite controlling Congress and the presidency, it will not get legalized, just as we saw it not get legalized last time the Democrats controlled Congress and the presidency, just as we saw when Democrats controlled numerous states and it is not legalized.

But yea, the Republicans...
Some of the toughest drug laws in history were created under Obamas term!! (the opioid prescription drug laws)...that speaks volumes.

Old 03-06-2021, 12:35 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,998,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post
Not a single Republican voted for the bill in either chamber.
What does that mean ?

Old 03-06-2021, 09:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
it was the liberals (democrats) that made it illegal in 1937
And Oklahomans finally got tired of Republican legislators quite absolutely refusing to do anything about legalizing medical marijuana and so took it totally up to themselves to petition for it and vote to legalize it 2018. It totally shocked many outsiders that Oklahoma could really vote YES for the most liberal medical marijuana program in the nation.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatecake1977 View Post
To be fair, medical marijuana is very different from recreational marijuana.
So some states, such as Kansas, are still too afraid to legalize so much as medical marijuana.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:53 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's a major reason why I could never be so wrong and stupid enough to register as a Republican.
While religion does severely cripple republicanism, it’s still a better choice than the party of slavery and free handouts.

Old 03-06-2021, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I think medical marijuana is perfectly fine, as you can't get high off of it. I think there needs to be more thinking when legalizing recreational marijuana. Alcohol is legal, but drinking and driving isn't. Marijuana should be legal, but it should be a DWI if you smoke and drive. It would be hypocritical of me to say we shouldn't legalize recreational marijuana but say alcohol is okay. So, I support legalizing recreational marijuana WITH proper limits of use when in public, just like with alcohol.
LOL, In Oklahoma you can sure get high off of medical marijuana. There are no limits to the THD. Tell me something, Chocolatecake1977, just why do you think Oklahoma has the most liberal medical marijuana program in the country? What's more, cities can allow drive-through sales of medical marijuana at dispensaries if they want.

Old 03-06-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
While religion does severely cripple republicanism, it’s still a better choice than the party of slavery and free handouts.
Whether you're white or any other color, it is the individual person who CHOOSES to limit themselves by striving to meet the qualifications necessary to be eligible and qualified to get government welfare. Meanwhile, why won't Republicans abolish government welfare state by state where they rule?

Old 03-07-2021, 12:03 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Quote:
I think medical marijuana is perfectly fine, as you can't get high off of it. I think there needs to be more thinking when legalizing recreational marijuana. Alcohol is legal, but drinking and driving isn't. Marijuana should be legal, but it should be a DWI if you smoke and drive. It would be hypocritical of me to say we shouldn't legalize recreational marijuana but say alcohol is okay. So, I support legalizing recreational marijuana WITH proper limits of use when in public, just like with alcohol.
It already is DWI/DUI if you are driving while under the influence of marijuana.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:41 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That people are going to do it anyway is a ****-poor reason for steering society and the state in a particular direction because it never attempts to discourage lifestyles that are in many ways harmful and unproductive.
If people want to light up in the privacy and comfort in their home, is the job of society and state to stop them? Seems a bit out of sync with the general conservative clamor for small government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies