Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2021, 02:52 AM

1,500 posts, read 886,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
This is an excellent post and bears repeating.

I and my brother stood in a long line at the firehouse (in the 1950's) to get polio vaccine on a sugar cube, I don't remember much about it other than the kids were curious and the parents were anxious.

Yes, everyone wanted that vaccine and couldn't wait to get it. The adults knew how dangerous polio was, and dreaded the thought their children would contract it. They lived through the scourge, which attacked children and adults and even prominent people.

The vaccine worked, hundreds of thousands of people were spared the disease right away. It stopped spreading though the communities. The places where polio still attacks significant numbers of people today are very backward, loaded with primitive thinking people. Rural fundamentalist types.

If not for them polio would be a dead relic of a disease.
I got Salk at my elementary school..think 1956

Old 03-19-2021, 03:26 AM

1,500 posts, read 886,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Well another day goes by. No problem in our extended family, ages range from 20 something's to 90 year old's (3).

These are from New England to Fla out to Oregon. States in between. We are talking 60+ individuals.

We have lost one family member to the virus who passed before the vaccine's were available. Cousin's wife who passed due to Covid-19. She had been a heavy smoker most of her life.

It is up to the individual to take a vaccine or become ill. You can roll the dice and hope you are not in the group which will not survive the illness or you can take one of the vaccines.

Our family seems to have taken which ever vaccine is available and are still alive.
Except for the one that died!

Old 03-19-2021, 05:02 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
I got Salk at my elementary school..think 1956
Yes, I did too. That was my last vaccination as well. When the measles vaccine came out, HS nurse came into classroom. Raise your hand if you have had measles. Sea of hands. She left.

Old 03-19-2021, 05:26 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Yes, of mostly 70+ people, or people with co-morbidities. If you take them out, its not as bad as the common flu.
Actually, it's worse, although not in numbers.

How many of those folks would have died in the past year with or without covid being around? Until we know that answer, to call this worse than the flu is wrong.

What makes it worse is that those folks had to die alone. Without being surrounded by family. Without feeling the touch of a human.

A good friend lost her mother over the summer. She was not allowed to visit her in the care facility, and when she developed the non-covid condition that ultimately killed her, my friend's ONLY contact with her mother was to follow the ambulance from the facility to the hospital, then watch from a distance while her mother was wheeled inside. She then got the phone call telling her that her mother had passed. Tragic, unnecessary and outright inhumane.

Old 03-19-2021, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
Societal pressure is a real thing. You're blind to it when you participate, but cry foul when you don't like it. You feel like you're being bullied, but what's happening is people find your beliefs to be reprehensible, and they're telling you as much.

Truth hurts.
Hahaha. Seriously, if liberals didn't have double standards, they really wouldn't have any standards at all.

So now bullying is OK? The message from the past decades that nobody should be bullied for their beliefs is a lie? Good to know.

As for my beliefs that are reprehensible, which ones would those be exactly? Freedom to choose? Common sense with regards to the virus? Believing facts? Refusing to listen to a pencil pushing bureaucrat that has admittedly lied? Ignoring the directives of a worldwide health organization that answers to a communist regime?

Old 03-19-2021, 05:33 AM

Quote:
This, right here, is another demonstration of how conservatives either don't know what "censorship" is, or are trying to mislead others with false equivalences. Your beliefs are unpopular. The majority of Americans are eager to be vaccinated. These people are not brainwashed. That people are calling you out for unpopular beliefs does not censorship make. To the contrary, people are receiving your free speech and sending some right back to you.

Or maybe we are brainwashed. Biden didn't win the election. COVID isn't deadly, but vaccines are.

But as I sit here, I note that the person in the White House is in fact Joe Biden, that vaccine rates in the USA are higher than the EU, and would ya look at that, death rates in the USA are WAY DOWN compared to the EU? Some grand conspiracy, or Occam's Razor.

If you want to look at indoctrination, get a mirror. If you want to get to normal, get a vaccine.
Since when is popularity a condition of being able to express my opinion?

Good lord, what a bunch of sheep you people are.......

Old 03-19-2021, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Notice how I said "severe"? People with autoimmune diseases (if recommended by their doctor, which will be the majority of cases) in fact have priority to get vaccinated. I take an immunosuppressant, so I'd very much like not to get COVID (already vaccinated). Others, for whatever reason, might not be able to take an immunosuppressant. For them, a vaccine might trigger a flare up (I don't need to tell you, but immune responses can trigger symptoms of autoimmune diseases). If you fall within that group, your position should be "everyone should get vaccinated to protect at risk people like me" not "my body, my choice", because you're really exposing yourself to danger by not getting vaccinated (if recommended by your doctor).
Is comprehension a problem with you? I'll talk real slow, since you seem to be not hearing what people are saying:

Some people have chosen to not get vaccinated. That is based on their own medical history. That's called "my body, my choice".

Some people have never said that nobody should get vaccinated. That's called "my body, my choice".

Stop putting words into people's mouths and assuming everyone that is PERSONALLY choosing to pass on the vaccination is anti-vax.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:49 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Calling someone a pharma shill is a form of ad hominem. It is your resort when you cannot refute someone who says what you do not want to hear. You might want to give that one up. It does not show you in a favorable light.

Nirenberg is not the only one who has pointed out the problems with Vanden Bossche's opinion - and it is opinion, not research. It is also a weird opinion. If we had not vaccinated during epidemics smallpox and polio would still be with us. The measles outbreaks in the US in recent years were stopped with vaccination.

Legitimate concerns are fine. It is understandable that people are worried. However, even if every internet story about a "serious adverse event" from a COVID-19 vaccine were to be truly due to the vaccine (they are not) there is no way the vaccine is more dangerous than getting COVID-19. There is not a single confirmed death from the vaccine. The disease maxed out at a bit over 4,000 deaths a day, just deaths, not counting the misery of being sick, and not counting the misery of persistent symptoms, and not counting the people with permanent disabilities from strokes, amputations, and lung and heart scarring.

The material you are posting is not supported by other virologists and vaccine and immunology experts. It just is not.

Can you refute anything Nirenberg posted. Anything? What does he say that is wrong? You say he likes to write articles. I chose his because it is clear and easy to read. If he is wrong surely you can tell us why.
I was not calling you that, I was referring to some of the sources that you provided. Your blogs have a pattern to them and they appear to exist mainly to support the pharmaceutical industry at all costs. The pharmaceutical industry does have quite a history of dishonesty and that is a nice term I am using. I provided some examples earlier in this thread.

The concerns from those scientists and doctors should be taken seriously and looked into, not just brushed aside and “debunked” immediately without any real thought,

Old 03-19-2021, 09:48 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Yeah........I dont expect people to protect me either..........but I do expect them not to INFECT me.

Just common courtesy. Get the vaccine.
It takes two of you for you to "get" infected. One of them would be you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
if you have your shots you won't die and you won't end up in the hospital.
Similar to the flu. Not everyone gets a flu shot. You don't worry about that do you ?
Quote:
You are correct; I'm safe from your bad decisions.
That poster you said that to is vaccinated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
So, you want to be as “irresponsible” as you feel the government is? This is illogical.
I want to be as responsible to others as they are to me. I don't want the government to compensate my vaccine injured child (not that they would) & the pharmaceutical companies can't be held liable for my son's vaccine injury. So as soon as the people who want me to protect them, compensate me for my $1 mill in lost wages & $4 Mill in uncompensated caregiving services, which is the amount I have lost caring for a person who protected them by getting vaccinated 15 years ago; I will take the covid vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
That would be even worse but even if they compensated I still wouldn't do it because it wouldn't fix what happened. It's kinda like how you get money from someone's life insurance but all the money in the world won't replace who you've lost.
That's why I say "compensate me", instead of "compensate him", because there is no amount of money that can repair his brain. It's also why I don't ask for compensation for my daughter, who died within hours of her vaccines. Nothing can bring her back.

What I can ask for, is for the people who my son & daughter protected to compensate me for my losses, because the last time I made the responsible decision to vaccinate, it plunged me into 15 years at below poverty level. That's a potential outcome for everyone who loves someone who will be vaccine injured. It's not right to ask that of other people who you will forget.

That $5 Mill would go into a special needs trust for my son, because I know my risk for succumbing to vaccine injury is quite high (genetics) & I can't let him be abandoned by these people who are so irresponsible to the vaccine injured.

Old 03-19-2021, 09:52 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post

They are attempting to attribute the rise in cases in Gibraltar to receiving the Pfizer vaccine on January 16, saying it "suddenly" had the worst Covid mortality rate. However if you actually look at the data from Gibraltar you'll note their cases were shooting up sharply in December and actually peaked on January 7th, which makes it impossible to attribute their surge of cases to receiving Pfizer vaccine on January 16
Wow! Look at all the damage that CD4 T cell blunting flu vaccine campaign did! How irresponsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies