Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 02:28 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
And I would bet many of those kids impacted this way have parents who, like yourself, are not on board with what is going on and are telegraphing to the kids that this is not okay. My grandchildren are handling it like champs but then again they have parents who do not make a big deal of it, just frame it as something we are doing for now and as something that will end. Same thing with remote schooling - not an issue if the parents don't make it an issue. I get that it's extremely hard for parents to manage remote schooling if their jobs are outside the home, but the stress of it should fall only on the parents and they should present a united positive front to their children if possible.
Stop blaming parents for the failures and short sightedness of our society. You’re wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmisty10 View Post
She's not wrong and get over yourself, your out of control. If kids are scared of this pandemic its because of angry out of control people like you
Do you have children? If so, how old are they?

Old 03-15-2021, 02:33 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,637 times
The CDC is merely offering up the absolutely safest advice they can give. Anything else would be irresponsible. It is not a law, just a recommendation. Get a grip people.

The fact that so many people are going to skip vaccinations simply means that EVERYONE else will have to get vaccinated annually. The people that do not get vaccinated will be using their bodies as a petri dish for an aggressive viral parasite to reproduce and MUTATE! This means new viruses constantly emerging. That how viruses survive, the more infections, the more mutations. Possibly leading to much more dangerous variations.

Why anyone would want to let a dangerous virus use their bodies cells as a host is a topic for a psychiatrist. The end result is that the full economic recovery will take much longer here than elsewhere, where they have more universal compliance. China's economy, for instance, will be firing on all cylinders, while we continue to battle and struggle and in some cases, die.

Ain't america grand?

Old 03-15-2021, 02:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What on earth made you or anyone expect a respiratory virus would die out in a few months? I didn’t expect that. I expected that people would realize that we needed to figure how to live with it.
One year ago at Trump told the world we don’t need a vaccine. It would just disappear with warmer weather, in April.

Tens of millions believed him. Why would they not believe him?

This announcement was in sharp contrast to what he was knowingly disclosing to Bob Woodward , in taped interviews during the same time frame.

Old 03-15-2021, 02:39 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
One year ago at Trump told the world we don’t need a vaccine. It would just disappear with warmer weather, in April.

Tens of millions believed him. Why would they not believe him?

This announcement was in sharp contrast to what he was knowingly disclosing to Bob Woodward , in taped interviews during the same time frame.
Let us also not forget that Trump took the vaccine without hesitation, despite having already contracted the virus through his cavalier approach. The guy who beat him in November never had to be airlifted to a hospital and pumped full of experimental drugs.

Yet, Trump tried to hide his getting vaccinated from the people who trusted him. Perfectly willing to let them pay the price.

Old 03-15-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Umm..yeah they really are, lol
https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/k...-what-we-don-t

Old 03-15-2021, 03:02 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times
Quote:
She's not wrong and get over yourself, your out of control. If kids are scared of this pandemic its because of angry out of control people like you. Take responsibility. Show some responsibility instead of placing blame and spouting off at the mouth to justify your complacency
LOL. Someone’s a little triggered, and it isn’t MissTerri.

Do you want to acknowledge you’re wrong about kids being super-spreaders yet?

Old 03-15-2021, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I suggest you actually read your article and discover what it is really about..smh..read what you post not just the headline..smh.. certain âge groups of children are spreaders, once they hit the ages between 10-12
Nothing in the article I shared said kids are “super spreaders”. Kids are less likely to spread the virus. Share your evidence that kids are super spreaders. Good luck finding it since it doesn’t exist.

Old 03-15-2021, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I just posted two links about it, luck has nothing to do with being right
Neither of your links show children to be super spreaders. Young adults would be the group that could be defined as that, according to your links.

I am also guessing you don’t have kids since you ignored my question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies