Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 09:51 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,892,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The cultist are messing with everyone’s children though. They claim that they are doing this to protect them and it’s absolute absurdity. They are harming kids. Suicide ideation and attempts are up in kids and teens and they just keep worrying about masks and distancing. It is infuriating.
Guess that’s a matter of perspective.

If only adults were magically immune to Covid, it would be no big deal.

Children are petrified dishes. Children spread colds and the seasonal flu like wildfire. Heck, children spread lice to each other. And they bring it home and infect the household

Most children seem to be asymptomatic or only have mild symptoms of Covid. Despite this, they are quite capable of shedding the virus to other kids and adults. And so it spreads.

Children don’t live in bubbles.

I get the CDC Guideline and acknowledge the challenge of keeping children masked to protect OTHERS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 09:52 AM

20,954 posts, read 5,565,987 times
Thank you to MissTerri and tolovefromANFIELD. He had a disease that would have been fatal -- docs said maybe two years. I will never stop hating the covid cultists for their support of the BS mandates that stole the last seven months of the love and care I could have given him.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Your last statement is ridiculous.

And I hope you don't talk like that in front of kids.

Parents I've talked to haven't had real issues with kids masking up. And when I'm in a store, I've never seen a child fuss with their mask, fuss about the mask, none of it.

I see the kids get off the bus and they don't rip off their masks like most of us adults walking out of the store .....lol

Kids don't have all the baggage we do and we can help them to deal with most situations.

I never pass up an opportunity to tell a masked child that his/her parents don't love him/her.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:53 AM

26,136 posts, read 19,087,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
WeArINgAmAsKpRoTeCtSoThErS

What a STUPID illogical ass backwards retarded notion!!!!

Stop. The. Stupidity.
It's the biggest bunch of BS that has been devised since covid started. And the sheep just fall right into line and believe it. If the CDC declared the earth to be flat, you wouldn't hear a peep of contradiction or even question from anyone. Baaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. Baaaaaaahhhhhh.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:56 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,823,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Guess that’s a matter of perspective.

If only adults were magically immune to Covid, it would be no big deal.

Children are petrified dishes. Children spread colds and the seasonal flu like wildfire. Heck, children spread lice to each other. And they bring it home and infect the household

Most children seem to be asymptomatic or only have mild symptoms of Covid. Despite this, they are quite capable of shedding the virus to other kids and adults. And so it spreads.

Children don’t live in bubbles.

I get the CDC Guideline and acknowledge the challenge of keeping children masked to protect OTHERS.
When adults who want the vaccine can get vaccinated there will no longer be any need for any restrictions. Children are not super spreaders for covid. Follow the science. Kids are low spreaders.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:56 AM

26,136 posts, read 19,087,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Your last statement is ridiculous.

And I hope you don't talk like that in front of kids.

Parents I've talked to haven't had real issues with kids masking up. And when I'm in a store, I've never seen a child fuss with their mask, fuss about the mask, none of it.

I see the kids get off the bus and they don't rip off their masks like most of us adults walking out of the store .....lol

Kids don't have all the baggage we do and we can help them to deal with most situations.
And kids that used to be flogged with a belt each day "didn't have issues" either, right? The problem is NOT that your kid is going to rebel when you tell him or her to put a mask on. The PROBLEM is the psychology of doing it in the first place. Anyone can "train" a kid to do just about anything. They train kids to be human bombs in the middle east. Again, it is not that you can't get your kid to do just about anything you wish. The problem is the act of doing so and the long-term harm.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:57 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,403,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It's the biggest bunch of BS that has been devised since covid started. And the sheep just fall right into line and believe it. If the CDC declared the earth to be flat, you wouldn't hear a peep of contradiction or even question from anyone. Baaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. Baaaaaaahhhhhh.
Yep, Clown World

Honk Honk

:rolleyes.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:58 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,079,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Thank you to MissTerri and tolovefromANFIELD. He had a disease that would have been fatal -- docs said maybe two years. I will never stop hating the covid cultists for their support of the BS mandates that stole the last seven months of the love and care I could have given him.
The psychological impacts of Covid restrictions/uncertainty/fear mongering are no joke. I survived a civil war when I was a teenager, and my parents are still not the same. The worst of it wasn't people getting killed and bombings, the worst of it was not knowing what's going to happen next. How to put food on the table. Constant, never ending anxiety, loss of human contact/connection. The fact that your next door neighbors all of sudden not only don't want anything to do with you, but are also actively working to hurt you. It's a *****.

If you've ever looked into an eyes of a father who couldn't feed his kids, you'd never forget it.

Again, my condolences.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
The psychological impacts of Covid restrictions/uncertainty/fear mongering are no joke. I survived a civil war when I was a teenager, and my parents are still not the same. The worst of it wasn't people getting killed and bombings, the worst of it was not knowing what's going to happen next. How to put food on the table. Constant, never ending anxiety, loss of human contact/connection. The fact that your next door neighbors all of sudden not only don't want anything to do with you, but are also actively working to hurt you. It's a *****.

If you've ever looked into an eyes of a father who couldn't feed his kids, you'd never forget it.

Again, my condolences.

And mine to you.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:06 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,124,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And kids that used to be flogged with a belt each day "didn't have issues" either, right? The problem is NOT that your kid is going to rebel when you tell him or her to put a mask on. The PROBLEM is the psychology of doing it in the first place. Anyone can "train" a kid to do just about anything. They train kids to be human bombs in the middle east. Again, it is not that you can't get your kid to do just about anything you wish. The problem is the act of doing so and the long-term harm.
Kids have not been masked for long and the masks will be less important as we become more vaccinated and see a drop in the virus spread.

The kids will be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies