Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 05:40 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,139,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
SI was in trouble a while back and changed their business model. Today it's not so much about magazine subscriptions but looking for ways the license the SI name.

Going woke probably got SI much more MSM attention than the usual eye candy would have.
by 'today' do you mean 2023 or are you referring to when this happened in 2021?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 05:57 AM

39,439 posts, read 27,799,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Some will like her and some will not. She is probably making more than anyone in here so kudos to her! Opinions are like… so it doesn’t matter. If the magazine sells, it’s a win win.
Well, first of all, do you know how much this person makes? I did a quick search for her, her networth is about a little over a mil, it's good, but it's not over the top. Plus, what does her networth have anything to do with anything?

Secondly, if her photos were on world beauty magazine. I'd say go for it. Different people have different opinions of beauty. But she is on sports illustrated. Sports illustrated is not playboy magazine. Regardless who are supposed to be their target audiences, it's still a sports magazine. Her body is simply not an athletic body, nor is it healthy. Her body is not toned, shows no sign of routine exercises.

There are a lot of women dedicate their entire life to healthy diet, sports, and exercises, It's a life style. It's hard work. What does she do that is so inspiring? Sheesh.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 02-13-2023 at 06:07 AM..

Old 02-13-2023, 07:07 AM

12,453 posts, read 8,255,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This is 2 years old.......okay.
Has the cultural shifted in those two years or are we looking forward to "the first!" curvy trans Blasian or whatever subgroup for the SI cover in the coming years?

Old 02-13-2023, 07:11 AM

20,323 posts, read 21,108,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Has the cultural shifted in those two years or are we looking forward to "the first!" curvy trans Blasian or whatever subgroup for the SI cover in the coming years?
That’s coming for sure. That’s a frightful thought.
Some frumpy built dude with a tuck n’ roll, fake boobs and an industrial strength waxing, in a bikini.
So brave…so sexy…*barrrrfff*

Old 02-13-2023, 07:55 AM

53,176 posts, read 34,974,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster24 View Post
Yumi is a misnomer.
her given name was yucki.

Old 02-13-2023, 08:07 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,161,604 times
A, B, and C

A: What has happened that brought a 2 year old thread to the surface with such ferocity?

B: Whatever SI wants to do for they burned the bridge with me 2 or 3 years back. When you have to go a month ahead or back to find a good looking model......then what are you paying for?

C: I doubt they can ever convince me back for the days of Elle McPherson, 1, and Kathy Ireland, 2, in the pool,3, (those are the search key words for that picture) are over and what they shoot for fantasy these days....isn't.

Old 02-13-2023, 08:30 AM

751 posts, read 431,980 times
I’m sorry folks, she is very fat and very ugly. I don’t like the thin rail model look either. Actually I prefer a curvy women, ie cocoa skinned Latin women, but not fatties.

Old 02-13-2023, 08:39 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,161,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8t3rs View Post
I’m sorry folks, she is very fat and very ugly. I don’t like the thin rail model look either. Actually I prefer a curvy women, ie cocoa skinned Latin women, but not fatties.
Granted, toothpick arms like on the Ujenna swimsuit models of the 80s weren't appealing to me either.......but this discussion made me look up who we are talking about............

................and to wonder to who and what is tried to be sold here.

When I looked at the SI Models of the 90s, the VS runway of Lima, Kerr, Miller, and Ambrosio of the first decade of the century, I am looking at people, an image, a lifestyle of energy I am driving myself against. I am in competition with that, to be of higher energy then they are, even,when I was younger, to be of a body that no man could refused me.

With straight men, I imagine the attraction is on a much more basic lust.

But I don't see that with the one in question in this thread, I didn't see it in the models of the SI desk diary when I gave up on it around 2020, so I have to wonder.......

................who are they trying to see to and even more.......who's buying it now?

Old 02-13-2023, 08:47 AM

89,511 posts, read 45,198,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Granted, toothpick arms like on the Ujenna swimsuit models of the 80s weren't appealing to me either.......but this discussion made me look up who we are talking about............

................and to wonder to who and what is tried to be sold here.

When I looked at the SI Models of the 90s, the VS runway of Lima, Kerr, Miller, and Ambrosio of the first decade of the century, I am looking at people, an image, a lifestyle of energy I am driving myself against. I am in competition with that, to be of higher energy then they are, even,when I was younger, to be of a body that no man could refused me.

With straight men, I imagine the attraction is on a much more basic lust.
You would think so, but even straight men have irrational desires that simply defy logic. It starts with the whole "men prefer women who play hard to get" thing because they like the feeling of "winning." It makes them feel like a hero, and that they've beat out other men.

Be a supportive, loving woman who doesn't make her man jump through hoops and they want nothing to do with you because you're too easy.

It's an enigma.

Old 02-13-2023, 08:51 AM

20,323 posts, read 21,108,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
her given name was yucki.
Should be Tubby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies