Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2021, 10:39 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,014,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
The ones they've chosen to address? Examples please.

Black Lives Matter the organization is nothing more than a money-hungry fraud created and led by Marxists who couldn't give a damn about the George Floyds of the world.

The ones I want them to address, if addressed, would actually show black lives matter. But black lives do not matter to Black Lives Matter the organization.
I wouldn't go that far but would agree the most important item on their agenda is... to keep the money flowing in. Sort of like Homeless Inc. in San Francisco. It's now big business with plenty of people earning a fat paycheck.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:55 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,787,093 times
Quote:

Black Lives Matter the organization is nothing more than a money-hungry fraud created and led by Marxists who couldn't give a damn about the George Floyds of the world.

The ones I want them to address, if addressed, would actually show black lives matter. But black lives do not matter to Black Lives Matter the organization.
Black Lives Matter (BLM) is a decentralized political and social movement protesting against incidents of police brutality and all racially motivated violence against black people.

Do you mean example of police violence like this

City releases $5 million settlement agreement with Black officer beaten during protest

Five St. Louis police officers have been federally indicted for beating Officer Luther Hall during a 2017 protest

Or this
Newly released video from a Los Angeles police officer’s body camera shows two officers grappling with and arresting a Black man outside his Hollywood home as they responded to reports of a domestic violence incident in which the suspect was the white boyfriend of a neighbor.

A federal magistrate ordered the public disclosure of the video Friday as part of a lawsuit alleging racial profiling and civil rights violations brought by music producer Antone Austin, known as Tone Stackz, who was arrested in May 2019 despite not being the suspect in a domestic violence call. Austin and his girlfriend Michelle Michlewicz were taken into custody for resisting arrest.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:55 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnet View Post
I made one point, just one point, and it was a short and simple point: “other circumstances can justifiably affect what the cop does”. And it’s obvious from your reply that you agree, because one of your points (and only one), refers to “other circumstances”: the question of a threat by the bystanders.

Two responses. One is that I have seen the claim that one of the bystanders tried to approach Chauvin, but was pulled back by another bystander. The other is one that I previously mentioned: you are viewing the situation with the benefit of hindsight. You know that the bystanders didn’t attack the cops, but Chauvin didn’t know that they wouldn’t attack, so he had to bear that possibility in mind. Newsweek reported “At least two witnesses remembered Chauvin at least grabbing for his Mace, and a 17-year-old remembers him brandishing it at the crowd”. Clearly he was concerned about this danger, and maybe it’s only because of that mace that the crowd didn’t attack. It has also been argued that the paramedics didn’t treat Floyd at the scene because they were concerned about the crowd.
https://www.newsweek.com/teen-witnes...s-mace-1579946
Chauvin afraid of that "crowd?" Chauvin wasn't having it. His ego is what made him threaten the few bystanders (including a child) with his mace. That was Chauvin saying, "don't ef with me cause I'll ef you up if you do!"

There is a reason Chauvin's wife wasted no time filing for divorce (three days after incident) when circumstances (incarceration of Chauvin) allowed for her safety.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
According to Chauvin the "child" was described as 6 feet, 2 inches tall and at least 240 pounds.

Chauvin is 5'9 and 154.
Lucky for that child. Otherwise that 14 year old would be dead.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:00 AM

35,080 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Agree there are quite a few folks who tend to believe police officers can do no wrong.

Without the various videos, it is possible the 4 police officers would still be working as police officers. Without the videos, they may not have been investigated or disciplined for misconduct, much less charged with crimes, much much less convicted.

https://www.bgsu.edu/content/dam/BGS...nslaughter.pdf
I don't believe police officers can do no wrong. In fact quite the contrary. On the other hand they have a tough job to do and need some leeway. I was always taught to keep my activities as far away from the need for police intervention as possible.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:06 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,720,591 times
Quote:

I don't know if you are aware of this but this trial does not involve the BLM or Proud Boys, neither defendant or plaintiff

13,755 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Lucky for that child. Otherwise that 14 year old would be dead.
Nevertheless, 6'2 and 240 is a very large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Chauvin afraid of that "crowd?" Chauvin wasn't having it. His ego is what made him threaten the few bystanders (including a child) with his mace. That was Chauvin saying, "don't ef with me cause I'll ef you up if you do!"

There is a reason Chauvin's wife wasted no time filing for divorce (three days after incident) when circumstances (incarceration of Chauvin) allowed for her safety.
More like an attempt to protect their assets.

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I don't believe police officers can do no wrong. In fact quite the contrary. On the other hand they have a tough job to do and need some leeway. I was always taught to keep my activities as far away from the need for police intervention as possible.
Ok.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:07 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,787,093 times
City releases $5 million settlement agreement with Black officer beaten during protest

Five St. Louis police officers have been federally indicted for beating Officer Luther Hall during a 2017 protest

This case demonstrates that there are bad racist cops who are costing taxpayers millions.

He was a police officer beaten because he was black.You can’t argue he was a criminal. You can’t argue he resisted arrest.

He was black they beat him and now they are indicted

This is why BLM exists

Old 04-10-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Your injecting so many of your own opinions and thoughts concerning this case, as facts. The fact is we don't know what Derek Chauvin was thinking because as far as I have read he hasn't told us. Secondly, your depicting him out to be this horrible person when in fact as a police officer, he has won awards for his role as an officer. You need to get real. It's understood you feel he is guilty concerning this case, but making up stuff is ridiculous.

We will hear from the defense witnesses soon, looking forward to it.
Are you referring to these awards?

Quote:
Online city records also show that 17 complaints have been filed against Chauvin. Sixteen complaints were closed with no discipline. The remaining complaint generated two letters of reprimand, with one apparently related to the use of a squad car dashboard camera. The records don’t include any details on the substance of the complaints.
Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin’s work, personal background detailed; had nearly 20 complaints and two letters of reprimand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies