Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2021, 07:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
They're speculating adipose tissue as the depot for post-mortem release so the route is relevant. Unless you can defend the idea that an iv/oral dose can match transdermal loading (over hours/days) of the poorly perfused compartment.

You need references quantifying post-mortem redistribution following iv and oral administration.

It will probably be pointless ignoring this now, in the context of witness testimonials.

^^^ sorry but this is nonsense. Once dead, there is no perfusion/circulation.

Postmortem redistribution refers to the process of drugs diffusing from tissues into blood along a concentration gradient among body tissues.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:55 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
No matter the verdict, there will be inner city riots. Not as a means of protest, as they never are one. Just as a normal course of events in many liberal inner cities.
I don't think so. I think if Chauvin is let off free and clear, there will be for sure and likely the murder of Chauvin in the name of street justice. Let's face it, with what the prosecution put out today with their opening argument and the 9-1-1 dispatcher, it is an uphill climb for the defense. Not entirely impossible case to wiggle some reasonable doubt, but it wont be easy.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
He was in custody in the car, screaming "I can't breathe..." and flipping out well before they brought him back out. Speedballing will do that to a person.
Where is the proof he speedballed? A speedball is cocaine and heroin or cocaine and morphine. There is some proof that Floyd had fentanyl in his system, not a speedball.

Old 03-30-2021, 01:50 AM

44,634 posts, read 61,638,098 times
George Floyd died of an overdose- how will the trial unfold?

Hung jury.

Old 03-30-2021, 01:58 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
It really doesn't matter how many drugs were in his system. If the cop had gotten his knee off his neck and put him handcuffed in the cruiser we might not be talking about any of this now.
I guess you missed the part where he refused to go into the cruiser.

If GF complied and wasn’t high on drugs, he would be alive right now.

Old 03-30-2021, 02:00 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
George Floyd died of an overdose- how will the trial unfold?

Hung jury.
Nope.
If I was Cauvin, I'd take a guilty plea and go to prison where I'll get some protection for the next 10 years.

If he ever walks free, he won't live more than a few months at most before someone kills him.
There is nowhere he can go where he won't be recognized. Prison is the safest place for him.

Old 03-30-2021, 02:08 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Nope.
If I was Cauvin, I'd take a guilty plea and go to prison where I'll get some protection for the next 10 years.
Name 1 ex-cop who has served 10 years...

Quote:
If he ever walks free, he won't live more than a few months at most before someone kills him.
There is nowhere he can go where he won't be recognized. Prison is the safest place for him.
You said the same about George Zimmerman.

Old 03-30-2021, 02:11 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Nope.

There is nowhere he can go where he won't be recognized.
Prison is the safest place for him.
like George Zimmerman, Darren Wilson, and the cops involved in Rodney King beating? They are still alive and well.

I'd take my chances outside than in prison. The only way he is safe in prison is in complete solitary confinement.

I worked for 2 years in the jail as a deputy. Do you know what they do to punish unruly inmates? They put them in solitary confinement.

Old 03-30-2021, 04:04 AM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
New research out. Fentanyl deaths up big in the first half of 2020, in fact up 75% in some inner city counties.

The most deadly combination? Fentanyl and meth.

Floyd had Fentanyl and meth in his blood.

Just facts for the resident science deniers to deny. Just like they deny facts that Floyd was complaining of breathing and foaming at the mouth before he was touched by Chauvin.

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/03/2...se-and-deaths/
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Several scientific studies and the US government are warning that fentanyl and meth combine for an exceptionally deadly combination.

Floyd had both fentanyl and meth in his system.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stl...fe5d4.amp.html

https://lafuentehollywood.com/mixing-meth-and-fentanyl/

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...-with-fentanyl

https://www.emissourian.com/local_ne...7cc3fb701.html

Looks like during covid with the drug trade disrupted it was more common to mix fentanyl with meth, which caused a spike in drug deaths.

And contrary to what the science deniers say, this lethal combination makes one confused, have trouble breathing, even can foam at the mouth, and oh yeah...die by heart attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What was the temperature that day and was the police car running or extremely hot inside? That would cause anyone to panic if they were forced inside an extremely hot car.
Science denier, Floyd was saying before and after being in the police car. It wasn't the police car, it was the fentanyl and meth. It wasn't the mid 70 degree day causing Floyd to lose his mind. Please also note that the police arresting the other minorities with Floyd didn't cause them to lose their minds.

Do you deny the science that fentanyl and meth are a deadly combination?

Old 03-30-2021, 04:08 AM

3,845 posts, read 1,789,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
For those who don't know what happens in a murder trial, regarding a jury's decision, the judge will instruct the jurors that evidence presented must prove beyond the shadow of a doubt, a murder was committed, and the accused party is guilty of committing that murder.
In both cases, this cop is going to walk, and all hell is going to break out in that community.
This is what I think will happen as well.

How long did the officers attempt to get Floyd to cooperate? I'm not sure and don't want to watch the video again. It was too upsetting.

I do think Derek Chauvin was wrong to kneel so long on his neck, I understand it was considered standard procedure but seemed over the top. If he isn't found guilty of what he is currently being charged with - - they screwed up by not charging him with excessive force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies