Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2021, 12:52 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Does she have dementia? Mass homicide of innocent civilians, seems worse than a mask mandate.
She does not believe right now this second it's worse than Nazi Germany but she realizes the progression of Tyranny and there are some similarities. she fears for the future of lost rights that can turn into governments killing people. the wheels are not in full motion yet.

When some in Germany brushed off what hitler was doing others recognized it and as an other poster has said got out of dodge before it got bad. They figured out what hitler was doing before he did it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
There are many here who will tell you that your parents had it easy compared to having to wear a mask. And they will do so with a straight face.
Your not getting it people do not think right now it's that bad her whole point is she recognizes the progression of Tyranny. you lose your rights in increments. In no way does she think what she is going through now is as bad as nazi Germany but she sees the parallels like nazi Germany before Germany got bad.

nobody thinks wearing a mask is as bad as nazi Germany the point is its the start of something terrible. whether you agree or not do you get what I am saying?

Old 04-01-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
What happened to my parents as teens, was being nearly starved to death in the ghetto before being taken to the camps, and then nearly being nearly worked to death as well as living on rotten potato peels from the dumpster. Most of our family was murdered. This lady is a moron, and OP...no words...perhaps this is an April Fool's Day joke in extremely poor taste.
Ok what happened to your parents was obviously worse than what is happening now. the point is she sees that it could have a similar outcome not that it's that bad now.

do you see what I mean now? not to take away what happened to your parents but that we should be aware of that because it could happen again. It's bringing more attention to what happened to your parents not less. The way she worded it was in poor taste but I understand what she means.

Old 04-01-2021, 01:04 PM

2,065 posts, read 1,865,608 times
NO! And you have a hell of a lot of nerve making the comparison at all! I wish the TOS would allow me to post what I really think.

Old 04-01-2021, 01:08 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Why do people assume anyone that is conservative agrees with everything Trump says or does. I would only give Trump a C+. he pushed vaccines that I do not trust. he never stood up to big tech like The governor of Florida did.
That assumption is made because as posters on this board reflect they will stand by Trump right or wrong before they will say anything against him or even worse agree with the opposition. You see it in congress where any official who fails to fall lock step in with Trump and the party is called out as a traitor, RHINO, etc you get the picture....

Old 04-01-2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
NO! And you have a hell of a lot of nerve making the comparison at all! I wish the TOS would allow me to post what I really think.

Listen I had no ill intent. I apologize if it upset you. in no way do I think what is going on now is even comparable.

I should have approached this topic with more sensitivity and avoided her video and her altogether. I could have approached this without even bringing the past up.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-01-2021 at 01:31 PM..

Old 04-01-2021, 01:18 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Your not getting it people do not think right now it's that bad her whole point is she recognizes the progression of Tyranny. you lose your rights in increments. In no way does she think what she is going through now is as bad as nazi Germany but she sees the parallels like nazi Germany before Germany got bad.

nobody thinks wearing a mask is as bad as nazi Germany the point is its the start of something terrible. whether you agree or not do you get what I am saying?
No matter how many words you type, you cannot make the case that asking citizens to wear a mask for awhile in order to help prevent the spread of a deadly virus for the expressed purpose of keeping their fellow citizens safe and alive has any resemblance whatsoever to the horror of what happened in Nazi Germany. It's preposterous.

Old 04-01-2021, 01:19 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,623 times
are non-masked people having citizenship revoked and made to NOT use sidewalks only walk in the street, or is that next yeare slippery slope stuff?

Old 04-01-2021, 01:52 PM

2,065 posts, read 1,865,608 times
Quote:
Listen I had no ill intent. I apologize if it upset you. in no way do I think what is going on now is even comparable.

I should have approached this topic with more sensitivity and avoided her video and her altogether. I could have approached this without even bringing the past up.

It did upset me very much. If it taught anyone on this site anything, though, it was worth it. Too many people compare everything and anything they find unfair or distasteful to murder, torture, and genocide, and it's... truly amazing to me, to say the least.

I accept and appreciate your apology.

Old 04-01-2021, 02:44 PM

9,136 posts, read 6,196,866 times
Quote:
The wheels are not in full motion yet. She sees it because its incremental and that woman knows this having lived in Nazi Germany.

In Canada you can be detained for covid and you have to pay for the hotel against your will. If you leave that hotel you will be arrested. go look at what's going on in Australia and Spain and other parts of Europe.

Fortunately, it's not that bad yet in the United States. She lives in Canada the event is in Toronto where she was speaking.
You forgot to mention the stale food you included in your other posts, supra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies