Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 07:43 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,583,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I am tired of the misdirection!
Others are tired of people inventing excuses to feel victimized and whine. It's easy dude... mask up and socially distance until we get there with the vaccines (it's coming soon), and get the vax to help everyone accomplish it. Easy. So much unnecessary angst when we're so close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 07:52 PM

7,149 posts, read 4,745,406 times
My immune system handled it extremely well. Mild, no breathing or lung issues at all, no long-term effects mentally or physically. It was like the flu.

And there's this.
Coronavirus Recovery Rates

Scientists and researchers are constantly tracking infections and recoveries. But they have data only on confirmed cases, so they can’t count people who don’t get COVID-19 tests. Experts also don’t have information about the outcome of every infection. However, early estimates predict that the overall COVID-19 recovery rate is between 97% and 99.75%.
https://www.webmd.com/lung/covid-recovery-overview#1

Old 04-10-2021, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
My immune system handled it extremely well. Mild, no breathing or lung issues at all, no long-term effects mentally or physically. It was like the flu.
Thanks for the cool anecdote about you!

In other news, USA has had 561k deaths from COVID. Here is someone else's experience, from https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.o...-with-covid-19

Quote:
Craig still wasn't feeling well and visited urgent care for the second time on March 28. He had X-rays taken that showed pneumonia in his left lung, and he was tested for COVID-19. Craig was given antibiotics and sent home. On March 31, Craig's test for COVID-19 came back positive, and he was admitted into the ICU at Mayo Clinic Health System ― Franciscan Healthcare in La Crosse. Craig was the first person to test positive for COVID-19 in Crawford County.

"I wasn't able to be in the hospital with Craig," says Julie Bell, Craig's wife. "I remember talking with the providers on the phone. They told me that they didn't expect Craig to live. I simply told them to do everything they could to keep him alive and if they couldn't keep him alive, to just keep him comfortable."

During this time, Craig was in an induced coma and breathing with the help of a ventilator. Providers in La Crosse were doing everything they could to keep Craig alive and help him improve. Paralyzing Craig and flipping him on his stomach, as well as starting dialysis, were the last lifesaving maneuvers left to try. Craig received new medications for COVID-19 and was emergently consented for recovered COVID-19 donor plasma.

"I got the call that Craig was doing better, and I couldn't believe it," says Julie. "The providers had decided to flip him on his stomach. They were slowly seeing improvement, although they said that he wasn't out of the woods yet," Miraculously, Craig was slowly showing signs of improvement over the course of two weeks. He was removed from the ventilator and eventually transitioned to the general care hospital floor.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:06 PM

37,120 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post

And there's this.
Coronavirus Recovery Rates

Scientists and researchers are constantly tracking infections and recoveries. But they have data only on confirmed cases, so they can’t count people who don’t get COVID-19 tests. Experts also don’t have information about the outcome of every infection. However, early estimates predict that the overall COVID-19 recovery rate is between 97% and 99.75%.
https://www.webmd.com/lung/covid-recovery-overview#1
Your article is from last August and does not discuss long COVID at all.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:40 PM

23,645 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Others are tired of people inventing excuses to feel victimized and whine. It's easy dude... mask up and socially distance until we get there with the vaccines (it's coming soon), and get the vax to help everyone accomplish it. Easy. So much unnecessary angst when we're so close.
Amen. We've seen more than enough of that from the Trump haters for the past 4+ years.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Amen. We've seen more than enough of that from the Trump haters for the past 4+ years.
Ahhh so it comes down to this, politics over the pandemic where this must be linked to offense over perceived treatment of Trump.

That's a real surprise!

Old 04-10-2021, 09:33 PM

23,645 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Ahhh so it comes down to this, politics over the pandemic where this must be linked to offense over perceived treatment of Trump.

That's a real surprise!
Which ever way you want to spin it, no surprise there.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:45 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,035,446 times
Of course, no vaccine is going to be 100 percent effective but the leftists are obsessed with restrictions to eliminate any type of activity that has a potential to spread Covid EXCEPT for certain causes that are totally exempt.

Old 04-11-2021, 09:26 AM

1,227 posts, read 634,408 times
My husband and I had the J&J vaccine on Friday, he had a mild flu like symptoms, and a stiff arm, I had no side effects. Then again, I always feel like crap.

Old 04-11-2021, 07:33 PM

1,094 posts, read 499,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
My husband and I had the J&J vaccine on Friday, he had a mild flu like symptoms, and a stiff arm, I had no side effects. Then again, I always feel like crap.
Glad it went well! Our friends and neighbors have mostly been OK esp with the J&J vaccine, though we've been hearing more reactions with the mrna ones. We're still on the fence about vaccinating (more about the timing than anything else, ex. if we should wait until they've maybe updated for all these mutants resistant to vaccines) but if we do get the shot, it looks like we'll almost certain be getting the J&J, or one of the other ones to get later EUA approving. At least it seems like it's based on much older tech that's had a couple decades of testing in people at a big scale. Mrna vaccines just still seem way too new and un-tested, and one of our docs was worried about the little fat globules that carry the mrna vaccines might go to the wrong places, and we wouldn't see the results for a few years later when people start having bad side effects. Something about the way they'd accumulate wherever they're going. Yeesh. J&J or a couple of the others with the better studied tech-- I think the name was Novavak or something, or one of the newer ones coming out of Europe-- seems a lot safer and less like being a guinea pig.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies