Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2021, 02:04 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,958,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
There are people who stand for those issues and also stand strongly against forcing inoculation for a vaccine passport or else suffering life restrictions on a local level, like going into a restaurant or pub, a grocery store or shop, having no access to some online services if you’re deemed a dissenting “bad citizen.” Being restricted in movement.
This is your future and that of your kids. China has a database for control of every citizen and other countries now are buying in. Don’t believe it? Wait and do nothing.
Good luck.
And even Democrats like Naomi Wolf and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. have been talking about this.

Yet, I see they are just as easily dismissed as kooks as more right leaning people concerned about civil liberties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Ah, so the fighting I do for justice and equality for those considered lesser in our society (certain segments of our population, LGBTQ folks, etc) is a good thing then? Glad you agree that it's a bad thing to marginalize these folks.
As a gay person, I assure you that all that fighting will be for nothing if we lose our basic civil liberties, as we already have.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:09 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
As a gay person, I assure you that all that fighting will be for nothing if we lose our basic civil liberties, as we already have.
What basic civil liberties have been lost? I really don't know.

As far as the government making it difficult to do business, etc., I highly doubt that, since government itself is run by corporations. No way is a corporation going to turn anybody away who contributes to their wealth.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:12 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
And you know that you are going to be considered a bad citizen for not getting a vaccine? Because I haven't seen that anywhere. Will you have to have a vaccine passport to travel out of the country? Maybe. Other than that I don't see the need for all the hysteria.

So what exactly are YOU doing, since you think I am waiting and doing nothing? Voicing an opinion on a forum does not for action make. I think Amazon is more than happy to take my money, vaccine or no vaccine. I'm already restricted in movement, as I only go to the grocery store now because there are so many out there not abiding by CDC guidelines.

You can sit back, accept what is happening, do nothing, and become controlled.
Your choice.
And, yes, in Communist China, one's entire medical history is accessible by the government from the individual's "passport." One must comply with all government-demanded inoculations, or be confined to their home.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
You can sit back, accept what is happening, do nothing, and become controlled.
Your choice.
And, yes, in Communist China, one's entire medical history is accessible by the government from the individual's "passport." One must comply with all government-demanded inoculations, or be confined to their home.
We're not China. They don't have our Constitution. I know some think it can be changed, but I saw the Constitution in action a few months ago, and although our democracy was all but demolished, it somehow held up. So I'm good. BTW, none of us know how much of our medical history is already accessible by the government. And please tell me how, if this happens as you say, YOU will be able to do anything about it?

Old 04-02-2021, 02:18 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Ah, so the fighting I do for justice and equality for those considered lesser in our society (certain segments of our population, LGBTQ folks, etc) is a good thing then? Glad you agree that it's a bad thing to marginalize these folks.
Like I said, there are people who believe in equal rights and are vehemently opposed to a vaccine passport requirement for free movement in localities.
I can say, though, you deserve a vaccine passport.
Go for it!!

Old 04-02-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Like I said, there are people who believe in equal rights and are vehemently opposed to a vaccine passport requirement for free movement in localities.
I can say, though, you deserve a vaccine passport.
Go for it!!
If I need one, I will. However, I've never been out of the country, so I probably won't.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:44 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I think it's a big step, and imminent, the time is now to implement it and they know it.

A lot of people were just so freaked out because of that horrific attack in NYC, they weren't even thinking clearly.

And then a lot of Americans didn't even know the ins and outs of the Patriot Act and how it could affect them. We naively thought they would just be targeting people who were obvious threats.

Exactly. And if you did speak out it meant you did not care 9/11 happened and you were soft on terrorists. So most people just shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
And then, I was helping an older relative with her banking and she had some cash stashed because that is what old people used to do. She needed to deposit this money and she got put on some list like they do with suspected terrorists and drug dealers. She was horrified. Same if you try to withdraw cash above a certain amount. They take you in a room and interrogate you about what you are doing with the money. Doesn't matter who you are, a little old lady, a lifetime customer of the bank, does not matter, you are suspect. Same with civil forfeiture, you can be a boomer going to buy a classic Mustang with cash and police can seize it because it's cash.

Why haven't we put an end to this?! It isn't a conspiracy theory, it is reality. I've heard American citizens defend it. Even just out of jealousy because they don't have money in the bank to withdraw. When people turn against each other like this for selfish, petty reasons we have little hope of defending against authoritarianism.
There will be a point when using cash makes you a suspect. Like you are hiding something. There was an effort to get people to stop using cash. First the coin shortage and then paper money transmits covid. Its much better for the government if every single financial transaction has a electronic paper trail.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
What basic civil liberties have been lost? I really don't know.

As far as the government making it difficult to do business, etc., I highly doubt that, since government itself is run by corporations. No way is a corporation going to turn anybody away who contributes to their wealth.
How about the massive surveillance that Edward Snowden has told us about?

If you don't know, then you're not paying attention or you just seem to have lost touch with the basics.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
We're not China. They don't have our Constitution.
The Constitution is being ignored. The video explained that vaccine passports violate the 1st Amendment and the 4th Amendment, as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act. But you didn't watch it. And as you said, you don't really know. And you don't seem to want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies