Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2021, 11:25 PM

88,983 posts, read 44,799,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
You do it a lot more than you think. Can I ask you to stop doing that Because most posters here are not dumb and even if they are, your saying so is not going to make them realize that. Your point on Stacey Abrams is well taken.
I didn't call posters dumb, I called left-wingers dumb. Stupid is as stupid does. /shrug

Old 04-02-2021, 11:26 PM

3 posts, read 942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
There not changing the states laws but I guess MLB is speaking with their dollars and the state can decide how strongly they believe in what they legislated. Posters can say woke, liberal or whatever all they want but remember over 50% of the state voted Democrat in the last Presidential Election and that represents more people that don't agree with the law as written than those that do.....
I don't agree dems won the state--they cheated and are the biggest scumbags ever.

Old 04-02-2021, 11:27 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,875,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolson36 View Post
I don't agree dems won the state--they cheated and are the biggest scumbags ever.
Democrats will continue winning the state as long as you believe the big lie. Plus they have locker room material now.

Old 04-02-2021, 11:28 PM

3 posts, read 942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I just read this in a comment section on an article about MLB, and it is too amusing and clever to not repeat:

If you're keeping score, the Georgia GOP is now 0-4 since November. One presidential election, two Senate seats and one MLB All Star Game.

Put another way: no runs, no hits and 4 errors.
but passed a law to keep scum from cheating next time. That's a big win.

Old 04-02-2021, 11:57 PM

3 posts, read 942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I have to think that Manfred knows that players would opt out & that is a big reason he is doing it. Because if players opt out you'd be in a bigger problem not having enough players.

I know they are trying to do things to get more support from younger black kids being interested.

But I really wonder if they are going to lose a lot of fans that actually go to games & pay for things. Things like mlb.com/tv. Merchandise. Tickets. You bite the hand that fees you you might find yourself regretting it.
The reason black kids have no interest in baseball and barely play it is because baseball at the youth level has become a country club sport. Most high level baseball especially from the 13U to 16U level is travel ball. There is no way most inner city black youth could ever afford to play travel baseball. Baseball in that age group is played by lawyers kids, doctors kids, and by kids who's parents are well off. Many of the parents that could afford it also worked for big corporations. They are the biggest hypocrites along with the lawyers (mostly dems). The last thing most of these racist parents wanted was to give a black kid a free ride. Those type of people make up much of the dem voter base. They are all talk. We Trump voters need to 1) dump the republican party, and 2) call out the phony white dems who are the real racists.

Last edited by tolson36; 04-03-2021 at 12:08 AM..

Old 04-03-2021, 12:04 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
MLB should have reviewed this voting bill and then asked questions to Georgia officials to get clarity on certain parts. They should have based their decision this way. Instead they seemed to have just responded to the CROWD.
What is there to clarify. While there are something that are "good" in the bill, there is a lot that is horrible and represses the vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Yep. They are going to need to boycott a whole lot of States if access to voting in GA is the low bar. They may have to vacate head office in NY!
Here is the thing, this was about the All-Star Game and the Home-Run Derby which typically has a lot of money and a lot of out-of-towners. Logistically MLB can move it, unlike the Masters in Augusta. MLB has 29 other teams that would kill to host the All-Star Game.

Old 04-03-2021, 12:09 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,198,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
What is there to clarify. While there are something that are "good" in the bill, there is a lot that is horrible and represses the vote.

Here is the thing, this was about the All-Star Game and the Home-Run Derby which typically has a lot of money and a lot of out-of-towners. Logistically MLB can move it, unlike the Masters in Augusta. MLB has 29 other teams that would kill to host the All-Star Game.
Just another case of hurt feelings. Taking their ball and going home is hilarious.

Old 04-03-2021, 12:10 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,285,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

Like? demanding a government I.D to vote? yeah, real repressive to only black people.

MLB, Coke, Delta and NBA can make billions of dollars with China who is a real repressive state but Georgia? pure evil and Jim Crow on steroids. The hypocrisy here stinks and it's coming from the left with a clown in the W.H.

Old 04-03-2021, 12:21 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,198,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Like? demanding a government I.D to vote? yeah, real repressive to only black people.

MLB, Coke, Delta and NBA can make billions of dollars with China who is a real repressive state but Georgia? pure evil and Jim Crow on steroids. The hypocrisy here stinks and it's coming from the left with a clown in the W.H.
Great for Georgia. Hopefully more states follow.

Old 04-03-2021, 12:31 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,285,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthShore815 View Post
Voter suppression shouldn't be allowed in any state. Good on Biden and the MLB.

just because you repeat B.S. doesn't make it true. MLB and Coke has billions of dollars in contracts with China with no problems but they are going to dictate a constitutional law passed by the people of Georgia and accused them of voter suppression and Jim Crow on steroids? you can't make this B.S. up.

Delta Airlines demands a government picture I.D. to board their planes. I guess that is black suppression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies