Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2021, 07:42 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Well this is sad to see. Can't say I'm surprised MLB caved to the woke left... Hopefully the numbers tank this year (regarding how many people watch it).

MLB moving All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

Thoughts?

I am done with sports, biased media, crybaby athletes, and hypocritical celebrities.

Old 04-02-2021, 07:44 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,405 times
Quote:
Well this is sad to see. Can't say I'm surprised MLB caved to the woke left... Hopefully the numbers tank this year (regarding how many people watch it).

MLB moving All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

Thoughts?

I am amazed by how much Biden is unifying the American people! The class warfare ignited by Obama is nothing compared to what Biden is doing.

Old 04-02-2021, 07:46 PM

2,068 posts, read 1,000,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
I am done with sports, biased media, crybaby athletes, and hypocritical celebrities.

Ditto this!

Old 04-02-2021, 07:48 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,303,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
I am amazed by how much Biden is unifying the American people! The class warfare ignited by Obama is nothing compared to what Biden is doing.
Biden probably lies more than any other politician I have ever known in my life. It’s pretty remarkable

Old 04-02-2021, 07:50 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,168,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Biden probably lies more than any other politician I have ever known in my life. It’s pretty remarkable
He's been lying for almost 50 years.

And people are believing—this Fraudulent POS now!!

Old 04-02-2021, 08:04 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
And to think...

We already have a thread where all the right wingers were crying about "wokeness" and sports.

Now this.

I guess there is still bass fishing and monster trucks that you all can watch.
I think a lot of people are just getting used to living their lives without watching sports. The only ones who are going to lose out in the end are the owners and players.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:06 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
In Abram’s own words - “Black, Latino, AAPI, and Native American voters whose votes are the most suppressed under SB 202 are also the most likely to be hurt by potential boycotts of Georgia.”

Problem is it’s a lot easier to get a rock to start rolling down hill than it is to stop it once it gains momentum. You started that rock rolling, girlfriend. Good job.
And she wanted to be governor. Hopefully people remember how she hurt the state.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:27 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I think a lot of people are just getting used to living their lives without watching sports. The only ones who are going to lose out in the end are the owners and players.
That is right. I was an avid sports fan for most of my life. But over the last three years, I have pretty much stopped watching sports.

Some of that is due to me 'cutting the cord'. But part of the reason I finally felt free to do that was because the NFL and the NBA had made it their regular policy and practice to denigrate our nation, our flag and our national anthem as part of their regular game activities.Also, I stopped watching TV News in 2012. As a resul, I no longer felt tied to live TV.

I watched the MLB playoffs on streaming year before last. That was pretty cool. But now that MLB has chosen to function as a weapon of the Democrat left for what are blatant partisan political purposes, I am no longer a fan of Major League Baseball, either.

And it was announced this week that the US Olympics team has approved US athletes denegrating our nation, our flag and our anthem on live telision as a part of that once unifying event. So obviously no patriotic American will want to support or encourage any of that sort of despicable behavior, and I sure will not either.

It has come as a surprise to me to discover that I do not miss watching sports on telivision really at all. And with the garbage presentation that these events have become, there really is nothing left to enjoy about them anyway.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:44 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:

Thoughts?
We are in a post truth world.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:44 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That is right. I was an avid sports fan for most of my life. But over the last three years, I have pretty much stopped watching sports.

Some of that is due to me 'cutting the cord'. But part of the reason I finally felt free to do that was because the NFL and the NBA had made it their regular policy and practice to denigrate our nation, our flag and our national anthem as part of their regular game activities.Also, I stopped watching TV News in 2012. As a resul, I no longer felt tied to live TV.

I watched the MLB playoffs on streaming year before last. That was pretty cool. But now that MLB has chosen to function as a weapon of the Democrat left for what are blatant partisan political purposes, I am no longer a fan of Major League Baseball, either.

And it was announced this week that the US Olympics team has approved US athletes denegrating our nation, our flag and our anthem on live telision as a part of that once unifying event. So obviously no patriotic American will want to support or encourage any of that sort of despicable behavior, and I sure will not either.

It has come as a surprise to me to discover that I do not miss watching sports on telivision really at all. And with the garbage presentation that these events have become, there really is nothing left to enjoy about them anyway.
Unfortunately, many think the same way and have given up on Pro and College sports. They used to be where people of vastly different backgrounds could share their love for the game and their team. It was unifying. Now Leftists, the truly divisive. have ruined that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies