Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2021, 02:56 PM

462 posts, read 207,902 times

Advertisements

They're not moving out of Georgia because of the new Georgia voting law.

They're moving out of Georgia because of Democrats' lies about the new Georgia voting law.

"No one's allowed to vote after 5:00PM", "No one is allowed to bring food and drinks to people standing in line to vote" etc.

All lies, but the media and other Democrats are pushing them for all they're worth.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:56 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
It’s going to Tampa which is truly hilarious since all they’ve done is complain about DeSantis too
So... They're moving it from a blue state to a red state. Yep, that'll show 'em.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:58 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Well this is sad to see. Can't say I'm surprised MLB caved to the woke left... Hopefully the numbers tank this year (regarding how many people watch it).

MLB moving All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

Thoughts?
Great way to drive ratings down. Perfect with a new contract coming up, as given the economy of the sport, it will be less generous than the prior one.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:59 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Well this is sad to see. Can't say I'm surprised MLB caved to the woke left... Hopefully the numbers tank this year (regarding how many people watch it).

Thoughts?
NP I still wont watch and I will be drinking a Doctor Pepper at that time.

Old 04-02-2021, 03:00 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
If they simply waited a bunch of new advertisers would have come in eventually. These people and companies always react too fast instead of just waiting
My Pillow? Sports advertising is aimed at young people - beer ads, clothes, tech, crossovers and ev's. These are the "woke" companies. I'm afraid no one gives a crap about what old boomers like myself buy or do for fun. It's their world now and we should let them build it as they see fit.

Old 04-02-2021, 03:00 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A bunch of no name rookies should be the only one's dumb enough to actually show up and play.
I wonder if a few teams refuse to send any players.
Not that I support this move by MLB as I no nothing about the new voting laws of the state, but your comment makes no sense.

The move would not happen if the owners did not agree to it, and the request to move it started with the players association, a stance that would not be taken without majority support from the players.

Old 04-02-2021, 03:03 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Not that I support this move by MLB as I no nothing about the new voting laws of the state, but your comment makes no sense.

The move would not happen if the owners did not agree to it, and the request to move it started with the players association, a stance that would not be taken without majority support from the players.
Most owners and players are conservative. They had no choice but to lie and say they supported this. Anyone who thinks they truly do is delusional

Old 04-02-2021, 03:04 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
For a sport that was already on a downswing, they really could not afford to do something like this.

This is going to blowback on them bigtime...

Old 04-02-2021, 03:06 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
They're not moving out of Georgia because of the new Georgia voting law.

They're moving out of Georgia because of Democrats' lies about the new Georgia voting law.

"No one's allowed to vote after 5:00PM", "No one is allowed to bring food and drinks to people standing in line to vote" etc.

All lies, but the media and other Democrats are pushing them for all they're worth.
In Fl it’s 7pm people work. The Reps been trying to stop Dems from voting since I can remember and I am 67!

Old 04-02-2021, 03:10 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,173,162 times
Quote:

Thoughts?
Yes. You need ID for everything. So requiring ID to vote is magically racist now.

So the geniuses/butt-kissers at MLB think voter integrity is unimportant? Oh I know, they don't even know what the law says. They just jump when their masters say "JUMP!"

I wrote off the Tigers last year after many decades as a fan and follower. When they took a knee, I took an exit. 95% of those schulubs would be shoveling s*** for a living if they hadn't won Life's Athletic Lottery. Half are from foreign countries, why are they here if the USA sucks so bad?

I can tell you why. They are 95% idiots, imbeciles, morons, and/or blind followers. I'll never be back. I hope your Masters reward you, morons!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies