Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2021, 07:33 PM

2,005 posts, read 762,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Anyway the little fat f'k of a former police officer is sitting at home in his barcalounger nursing his cold beer....pretending he was in the right.

And the man who behaved reasonably is to be commended and will be retiring shortly after the settlement.
This dudes rights weren’t violated, and there was no excessive force used.

The commentary was certainly unprofessional and is likely the reason for the firing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 07:41 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post

The commentary was certainly unprofessional and is likely the reason for the firing.
Give us all the break from that post nonsense.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:50 PM

163 posts, read 55,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
The Army officer was prudent. "Southside" VA is still known for the "invisible empire" meaning the KKK. Isle of Wight, Dinwiddie counties and others still have an active Klan. Leaflets are left on homes even in the suburbs of Richmond. Who in their right mind would pull over in an area known for the KKK, in the dark when alone in a state where there have been, in 2020, 249 confirmed cases of hate literature being distributed?

What he most likely feared was being pulled over in the dark by bogus officers, dragged into the woods and killed; it use to be the norm down here within living memory.
Because these people come from a lineage where they would do this sort if thing for sport. They enjoyed killing and terrorizing....like a bunch of savages. The (former) officer said the Lt. should be scared to get out the car. You tell a black man who hasn't done anything wrong that he should be scared to have 4 amped up white guys point their guns at him? Way to deescalate the situation there buddy.

I didn't even know what "ride the lightening" meant. When I looked it up I got sick.

The Lt. should have sued for $10 million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
At the time, it was believed there was no tag. Cops react to what they assess the situation is at the moment. They cannot predict the car had a tag. You think they are mind readers?

I been pulled over for the same thing, in Virginia actually, just a bit different, dealer said they put my old plates on, idiot me did not check and drove away, cop pulled me over for not having a tag, it was in the rear cargo area.
They dont have to be mind readers. If they have eyes and a working brain they could look and see. Once they stopped at the well lit gas station and walked up to the car, at least one of the officers could have checked to see if there were plates....which was the entirely basis of the stop to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Mass shooters get treated better than this soldier did.....
That's because mass shooters who get taken in by police are almost always white.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:54 PM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post

Yes, we are all aware that pepper spraying a motorist--several times--pulled over for a traffic violation is standard procedure, as is drawn and pointed firearms. As is ordering the motorist out of the vehicle. Why, just last week I was pulled over for going five MPH over. I was billy clubbed and ran-through with a rapier as part of standard traffic-violation procedure in my area. We must always assume that a routine motorist pullover is a lethal situation. Better safe than sorry. Incapacitate the motorist just in case he or she is dangerous.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:00 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousstyles32 View Post
Because these people come from a lineage where they would do this sort if thing for sport. They enjoyed killing and terrorizing....like a bunch of savages. The (former) officer said the Lt. should be scared to get out the car. You tell a black man who hasn't done anything wrong that he should be scared to have 4 amped up white guys point their guns at him? Way to deescalate the situation there buddy.
What is the lineage of Officer Gutierrez?

Old 04-12-2021, 08:01 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:

They dont have to be mind readers. If they have eyes and a working brain they could look and see. Once they stopped at the well lit gas station and walked up to the car, at least one of the officers could have checked to see if there were plates....which was the entirely basis of the stop to begin with.

Agree, but that is not what the post I responded to was saying.

Quote:
That's because mass shooters who get taken in by police are almost always white.
Blacks commit the highest number of mass shootings per capita, and about every single one of them are taken alive.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:37 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes it is a small percentage of bad cops, so how do they remain on the force where they should have been fired long ago.
Strong unions and political power keeping out body cams or allowing them to be turned off or *gosh darn* the batteries got put in wrong etc. etc. etc.

Legendary abusive police cities like LA, NY, Chicago....where they make movies about their corruption and abuses. It's like waking up today and naively wondering how come nobody knew about Harvey Weinstein....they knew.

But what we have going on now are people that don't want to address the issue, unless it's safe like in this story where you spin it up as a rural redneck area with "hate literature" to make you feel better about yourselves and how you've been voting....because gosh golly this is all because of Trump.

I'm not telling you to vote republican lol...that would be pointless in places like LA anyway, I'm saying to take some personal responsibility and stop pretending you're not supporting racist police practices and it's not somebody elses fault your city is that way.

P.S. I firmly believe BLM dies this Summer and the abuses continue. Dear god, I hope I'm wrong but just too many bad memories of all the faux anti-war types from 2008 turning into hawks or blind pidgeons.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:40 PM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How is it a chase when he slowed down, put on his flashers, and drove to a well lit area less than a mile to pull over? This is what I was told to do if in a dark or dangerous area and was pulled over. The officer even stated that he understood and that it happens all the time.
Just because it wasn't a high speed chase doesn't mean it wasn't a chase. The cops had no way to know if he was trying to find a well lit area or he was preparing a weapon. Traffic stops are more dangerous for cops than civilians. 264 police officers were killed in the line of duty in 2020. That is a 96% increase compared to the previous year.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:42 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Did anyone mention the guy had a gun on the front seat of his car?

Old 04-12-2021, 08:50 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Just because it wasn't a high speed chase doesn't mean it wasn't a chase. The cops had no way to know if he was trying to find a well lit area or he was preparing a weapon. Traffic stops are more dangerous for cops than civilians. 264 police officers were killed in the line of duty in 2020. That is a 96% increase compared to the previous year.
Except for the fact that the officer stated that "they understood" why he went to a well lit place, and "it happens all the time". He even stated on the radio in real time that he was slowing down and complying. It was less than 2 minutes from the time that the stop was initiated until they reached the BP and less than a mile.

Their own words on video lay waste to your claim that there was a "chase" and they didn't know what was going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies