Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2021, 10:00 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Someone's" parent should have done a better job raising their child.

"Someone's" brother should have stepped up when the parents failed.

"Someone's" friend should have tried talking him out of his stupid choices.
All true. And no doubt Daunte's previous life decisions were a major factor that led to his demise. From listening to the video it is obvious that the shooting was accidental, and I don't think the cop should be charged and I don't think violent protests are justified.

But when someone like "Bobby the Great" expresses a complete lack of compassion or value for human life that doesn't meet his standards, it strikes me as a sociopathic attitude. He probably enjoys torturing small animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 10:20 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
If he wasn’t a criminal “none of this would have happened”.
Which is irrelevant to the legal questions now at hand. That being my point. I thought that was obvious, but evidently I was wrong. The aunt/tricycle bit wasn't enough, eh?

Old 04-14-2021, 10:23 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Which is irrelevant to the legal questions now at hand. That being my point. I thought that was obvious, but evidently I was wrong. The aunt/tricycle bit wasn't enough, eh?
You’re making excuses, when the fact of the matter is that he was a criminal that ended up having a bad day.

As to legal questions/actions, she shouldn’t and won’t be convicted of murder. Likely manslaughter.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:27 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I disagree. You see simple minded animals that are humans out in the streets every summer looting and burning cities every time there's an excuse to do so.

As to the criminal being someone's son, brother, or friend.....if they raised their son to not be a criminal, he wouldn't be dead. Their failure as a parent is at least partly to blame. If you were this criminal's friend, odds are, you are a fairly garbage person yourself.

When the lives of awful people come to an end, it's not a bad thing, despite their potential connections to others. Those people can be sad if they want, but their child, friend, or brother dying is still objectively a good thing for the world regardless of how they feel about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
All true. And no doubt Daunte's previous life decisions were a major factor that led to his demise. From listening to the video it is obvious that the shooting was accidental, and I don't think the cop should be charged and I don't think violent protests are justified.
Actions have consequences; and mob action by a group composed of a greater proportion of deadbeats, failures and criminals is likely to bring about more violent and irrational actions.

I try hard not to feel a sense of justification when some germ from the lower strata of society brings and I've seen firsthand the consequences of a sixteen-year-old trying to instill discipline and respect (if they have any themselves) on a two-year-old,

Quote:
But when someone like "Bobby the Great" expresses a complete lack of compassion or value for human life that doesn't meet his standards, it strikes me as a sociopathic attitude. He probably enjoys torturing small animals.
This is, simply put, a cheap shot. Not everyone who takes satisfaction from a low-life getting what they largely brought upon themselves is a potential serial killer,

Old 04-14-2021, 10:29 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
But the crucial point is, even an alleged robber shouldn't be shot down in the street.
First , if he complied , he would not be dead. Resisting arrest is asking for trouble and did he get it. I would not resist arrest from anyone carrying a gun who is in complete authority . His actions triggered what happened . This is something that blacks cannot and will not accept and if they continue down the road of resistance they too can wind up dead. It is not common but it can happen unfortunately.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:29 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
You’re making excuses, when the fact of the matter is that he was a criminal that ended up having a bad day.

As to legal questions/actions, she shouldn’t and won’t be convicted of murder. Likely manslaughter.
I'm not making excuses for anything.

Yes, he was apparently a criminal. That doesn't make the shooting justified, in and of itself.

Yes, 2nd-degree manslaughter is the charge that was just filed, reportedly. I'm not surprised.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:36 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm not making excuses for anything.

Yes, he was apparently a criminal. That doesn't make the shooting justified, in and of itself.

Yes, 2nd-degree manslaughter is the charge that was just filed, reportedly. I'm not surprised.
You are. Had he complied or not been a criminal to begin with, none of it would’ve happened.

Not apparently, he was a criminal.

Not surprised either. Shouldn’t be more than that.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:38 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
How is it that all these black guys are either druggies or felons? It is looking very bad for blacks today as we look at the background of these guys in the news. And the image of them in the beginning is they are angels.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:38 AM

23,563 posts, read 17,237,701 times
another perp resisting arrest in a toxic environment created by the left and exacerbated by the likes of talib who spread hate and fear of the police. Police are fighting for their lives at each incident after the terrorist BLM org called for the death of cops.

Meanwhile, are we going to hear from the mother or brother or children of the innocent lives slaughtered in cities like chicago? NO, we will not hear or see that sadness. We will see the perps relatives moaning over his loss. media choice! complain about the media sensationalism and be branded a racist. Left has a policy of agree or 'die'. They overlook that logic when it comes to perps resisting arrest.

The media and dems choose who they wish to support and who they wish to ignore.

Shhhhhhh, the secret to an uneventful police stop is to not resist arrest. Resisting arrest moves the legal outcome up from a decision by a judge and defended by a lawyer to a roadside alteration with a police officer.

Every case is resisting arrest.

No wonder dems think blacks are unable to vote without their help. what a slap in the face to blacks!

Old 04-14-2021, 10:44 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,954,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornery Carrot View Post
Doesn't change the tragedy. Doesn't change the incompetence by a supposed senior officer.

and this is the most surprising thing about this whole thing. I could see a rookie making this mistake with the Taser but a 26 year vet who was training others, that doesn't speak well for the competency of police as a whole. We seem to see way too much confusion on the accidental shootings as guns are mistaken for tasers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies