Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 08:47 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Someone's son, someone's brother, someone's friend is dead. That IS a tragedy. And no human beings are simple minded animals.

I don't know if you believe in God or Karma or nothing, but I do think someone with such a callous, immoral and superior attitude as yours will someday be called to account.
They should’ve had a talk with him about being a criminal, and perhaps they did. Fact of the matter is he’s a criminal and knew what he was doing was wrong. Hopefully others learn from his poor choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 08:47 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,696,027 times
This is why whites & blacks look at police shootings differently. If you ask a lot of white people if they are upset about a white person getting killed by a cop that 1, try to evade the cops & 2, was wanted. Most will say nope. They feel that you brought it on yourself. But with a lot black people you can run, fight or even try and attack and a cop and it seems like you still get upset when one of your own is killed by a cop. Why is that?

Maybe it's because black people were treated unfair historically in this country? The thing is though is so many black people keep getting upset that white people don't care when they are killed by cops & it's not that we want you to get killed. We just can't get upset about people who don't listen & are up to no good. There are some cases where it was 100% wrong but so many of the deaths related to police are so avoidable.

Of top of my head I can only think of 3 cases that were truly bad/wrong. 1, Tamir Rice. I do think the cop probably did jump to conclusions because he saw a black boy with a gun & a white boy might still be alive today. 2, Bothem Jean was unacceptable but it also really had nothing to do with actual policing. The woman just happened to be a cop. 3, I can't remember the case but I think the cop actually went to prison. It was a time when black man was literally running away and he got shot in the back and died.

All the other cases were totally avoidable if people just listened & didn't fight back.

And guess what? This is only going to get worse. Ever since Michael Brown & social media creating a fire storm with all of these deaths a certain group in the black community has been seeing/hearing about this. They've been told that it happens all the time & that cops are bad. This group is young black men that are now getting older from when they were probably just kids when this all started. Michael Brown was I think 2014 which means if you were 9-10 years old at that time you're not just about to be an adult. So many of these young black kids are going to be scared when encountering police that they are going to act in a manner that will not sit well with police. Police still have a right to defend themselves.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:48 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
His mom never had "The Talk" with him? But, but...

Old 04-13-2021, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie0155 View Post
SERIOUSLY? So he's to blame for the cops stupidity?
You're taking that out of context. That poster was replying to me & I was making a point that WP has NOTHING to do with the cop who shot Bothem Jean off duty trying to avoid jail time. It's human nature to try and not go to jail for many years. She messed up but to say that her actions of trying to get out of prison time is WP is just stupid.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:50 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Someone's son, someone's brother, someone's friend is dead. That IS a tragedy. And no human beings are simple minded animals.

I don't know if you believe in God or Karma or nothing, but I do think someone with such a callous, immoral and superior attitude as yours will someday be called to account.
I disagree. You see simple minded animals that are humans out in the streets every summer looting and burning cities every time there's an excuse to do so.

As to the criminal being someone's son, brother, or friend.....if they raised their son to not be a criminal, he wouldn't be dead. Their failure as a parent is at least partly to blame. If you were this criminal's friend, odds are, you are a fairly garbage person yourself.

When the lives of awful people come to an end, it's not a bad thing, despite their potential connections to others. Those people can be sad if they want, but their child, friend, or brother dying is still objectively a good thing for the world regardless of how they feel about it.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:51 PM

Quote:
ACTUALLY -He would have been alive if that keystone cop had of used her taser!-I have a buddy in the military and he said there is NO way she could have confused a taser which is lighter than a gun! Simply disgusting on her part!
Well, sounds like your buddy is a liar....or possibly just a POG that has never been under that kind of stress so they shouldn't be running their mouth as if they know what they are talking about.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:52 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!-He didn't pull out a gun the cop did!

He didn't yell Taser-Taser the Cop did!

He didn't know tat a taser is lighter than a gun THE COP DID!

So your going to blame his actions on the cops incompetence?

SERIOUSLY?
None of it would’ve happened had he complied.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
ACTUALLY -He would have been alive if that keystone cop had of used her taser!-I have a buddy in the military and he said there is NO way she could have confused a taser which is lighter than a gun! Simply disgusting on her part!
So because your buddy in the military says that there is no way to get confused with a taser it makes it true? Maybe that is true but I don't understand why you assume because somebody says that it's impossible to make that mistake makes it true. You're agreeing with your buddy because YOU WANT IT to be true. Nothing more. People always agree with what they want to believe.

Maybe she is just trying to make it look like a mistake to avoid a prison sentence. Or maybe she's not mentally the type of person that should be a cop. Maybe she has things going on where she should've never been there. Being in a high stress situation like that you don't know how to react sometimes until you actually react.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:54 PM

Quote:
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!-He didn't pull out a gun the cop did!

He didn't yell Taser-Taser the Cop did!

He didn't know tat a taser is lighter than a gun THE COP DID!

So your going to blame his actions on the cops incompetence?

SERIOUSLY?
I never suggested any of those things.

What your criminal friend did however, was resist arrest that led to the accident. He also went around robbing people which led to the warrants he was being arrested for.

He made dozens of decisions that led to his demise, and the decisions he made are why his death is objectively a good thing for the world.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:58 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Well, sounds like your buddy is a liar....or possibly just a POG that has never been under that kind of stress so they shouldn't be running their mouth as if they know what they are talking about.
Most tasers are brightly colored although some aren't. A veteran police officer should know the difference pulling a gun over a taser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies